QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm No it won't, we won't have any money. We'll need to sell our best players to pay for those out on loan.
The picture is not as bad as you paint, as you haven't taken in account we got almost £90m for Raphinha & Phillips.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gray is not disciplined enough to play cm in this league. He's an amazing talent but you cannot drop Kamara at this time. Its the base of what we do, going forward as well as defending. Why change it ?
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Can’t be too hard on the players or the manager, it’s just a thing at Leeds, no matter the individuals in the team or the manager we just have an ingrained tendency to crumble at the worst moments - even in recent memory we have Gary monks squad failing to get to playoffs, Bielsa’s first season, the end of last season and now this latest s**t show. It’s really odd and I’d really like some psychology professionals, a mystic and maybe the pope’s exorcist to do an investigation to get to the bottom of it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

90 points from 45 games & we're all sad.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am Can’t be too hard on the players or the manager, it’s just a thing at Leeds, no matter the individuals in the team or the manager we just have an ingrained tendency to crumble at the worst moments - even in recent memory we have Gary monks squad failing to get to playoffs, Bielsa’s first season, the end of last season and now this latest s**t show. It’s really odd and I’d really like some psychology professionals, a mystic and maybe the pope’s exorcist to do an investigation to get to the bottom of it.
Still got players who've been there for everyone of those. The one thing the 49ers need to shed is the loser mentality Radz brought to the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Do our fans really understand what Bamford brings to the team. His movement rags defenders around and creates gaps for the midfield. He chases players down and causes problems. Piroe fell back into the midfield they were 30 yards further forward straight away.

It's also our first battering all season, it's just when it's come is so disappointing
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 am 90 points from 45 games & we're all sad.
Unfortunately, that's not good enough this season. We all knew we'd need around 96 points for automatic this year.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

You would think that the Leeds players would show some sort of passion and fight in the most important game of the season. No.. what we saw was an absolute disgrace to the Leeds Badge and the suffering fans that had the misfortune to pay good money to watch a side that does not deserve promotion to the premier league. It was worrying from the start when the team was announced and I saw Piroe uo front. On what planet is Piroe a number 9, he has problems trapping a bag of concrete let along lead the line and be asked to link up play by holding the ball up. What the Farke is our manager thinking, The side has bottled their automatic promotion hopes and its the playoffs for Leeds. On current form we have no chance if the team to put in another performance like this, the other playoff teams must be hoping that they get us.... Feckin Disgrace
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

When I looked at bet365 for Leeds to beat QPR the odds were 4/7.

How could the Bookies get it so wrong... Funny old game football is, at least we didn't let 5 past us like Southampton did.

What are the odds now that Ipswich tank and we get promoted in second place.

We came dream.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am Do our fans really understand what Bamford brings to the team. His movement rags defenders around and creates gaps for the midfield. He chases players down and causes problems. Piroe fell back into the midfield they were 30 yards further forward straight away.

It's also our first battering all season, it's just when it's come is so disappointing
It's clear to me that Piroe is NOT the Bamford replacement, that's the issue here, not what Bamford brings to the team. Personally I'm not a huge fan of his movement, his technique often poor and he's not great at holding the ball up. What he does have is great instincts to get into positions and he's combative

We have a Bamford plus in the squad and that's the issue. Piroe looks to have been a poor Farke signing, I think he's a good player but doesn't fit our tactics.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am When I looked at bet365 for Leeds to beat QPR the odds were 4/7.

How could the Bookies get it so wrong... Funny old game football is, at least we didn't let 5 past us like Southampton did.

What are the odds now that Ipswich tank and we get promoted in second place.

We came dream.
The bookies haven’t got it wrong tbh. Odds are formulated on all the facts available and then priced accordingly. I’m sure the bookies were celebrating that result as they would probably have big liabilities on the game and the season on Leeds.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 am 90 points from 45 games & we're all sad.
Yeah, and Farke keeps saying the same thing Leon. But winning runs and points tally means nothing if you don't get promoted.

At the very time they just needed to put in a few more solid performances to guarantee promotion they didn't.

Farke and these players have failed miserably at the most crucial time and I would put that down to lack of fight.

We were out thought, out fought and out played all over the pitch last night by a team that barring Rotherham has the worst home record at this level.

A virtual league one team smashed us. We've given Ipswich and Leicester auto promotion on a plate.

I don't see us winning another match this season. Big exodus in the summer and Farke will be hoofed early next season.

We're back to where we were last season. I've no faith in Farke or any of these players now.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Champion's League qualification next year then
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am The bookies haven’t got it wrong tbh. Odds are formulated on all the facts available and then priced accordingly. I’m sure the bookies were celebrating that result as they would probably have big liabilities on the game and the season on Leeds.
I would say that 4/7 odds on is a prediction of a win, that the Bookies are fully expecting a Leeds win and are tearful of paying out loads of money.

Their prediction of the game going to Leeds was therefore wrong.

if I remember correctly you could have got 11/4 on QPR winning and perhaps that was taking into account they had beaten Lester 2-1
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm I'm hoping we miss out on Wembley.

Wasting 18 hours of my life & spending a fortune to watch us fail is not my idea of fun!

If we're not good enough to beat the likes of Blackburn, QPR, Sunderland, Preston & the rest, we are certainly not good enough to compete in the Premier League.
What happened to you? Did the pe ny drop finally. This team is only capable of playing in the championship take away 1/2the team like gnonto,summerville,rutter,gray,and a couple more then you're looking at only fir for league 1
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm We can still go up. It's the money we need
You're totally deluded, if we go up it would take 150 million at least on players and to keep our best players. You think those Americans are going to spend that money? They'll be excuses why they can't. We would be straight back down.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am Do our fans really understand what Bamford brings to the team. His movement rags defenders around and creates gaps for the midfield. He chases players down and causes problems. Piroe fell back into the midfield they were 30 yards further forward straight away.

Football fans to varying degrees always place players on a pedestal when their team is doing well and consign them to the rubbish tip when the team isn’t.

This is the nature of the game - hero to zero for all participants, players, managers and owners dependent largely upon success or meeting fans expectations. Team sport is a pressurised gold fish bowl. We have the luxury or misfortune to just spectate.

I am pretty much over the disappointment of last night - no point dwelling on something you have no control over. It will be an entirely different matter for the players and manager. How they respond is now the most significant issue at hand for me.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am I would say that 4/7 odds on is a prediction of a win, that the Bookies are fully expecting a Leeds win and are tearful of paying out loads of money.

Their prediction of the game going to Leeds was therefore wrong.

if I remember correctly you could have got 11/4 on QPR winning and perhaps that was taking into account they had beaten Lester 2-1
This is a common misconception tbh.
It isn’t a prediction as such merely taking the facts and turning them in to odds.
Personally last night I would’ve happily laid Leeds at short prices. Plenty of factors against them winning.
This is the main aim of the bookie. Getting the money in the satchel.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am You're totally deluded, if we go up it would take 150 million at least on players and to keep our best players. You think those Americans are going to spend that money? They'll be excuses why they can't. We would be straight back down.
Would that be a bad thing? We could pay off the debts and money owned on players and be able to sell the loan rats. None of that is happening staying in the Championship. In fact, our financial position would only get worse.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am What happened to you? Did the pe ny drop finally. This team is only capable of playing in the championship take away 1/2the team like gnonto,summerville,rutter,gray,and a couple more then you're looking at only fir for league 1
You would be a useful companion to fight alongside in the trenches. Sport is about resilience, not giving up when things go badly. You have to take the highs with the lows. Whilst we are undoubtedly bombarded with lows on a far too regular basis this is the nature of the beast. It is an emotional addiction, fuelled by hope of a high.