Championship Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 am It will be interesting to see how he does next season as it is hard to judge him fully yet. He has done a superb job so far but sometimes you can fall into a club at the right time or have a load of unknown signings work out well. If you look at our Leeds squad that got out of league 1 we were then top of the championship around christmas the following season. We had a lot of good players that cost very little, Snodgrass, Becchio, Gradel, Kisnorbo etc. So Ipswich may have just fallen lucky that they had a lot of signings that were too good for league 1. Also worth noting they did have cash as spending £1m+ on a full back is not something many, if any, league 1 clubs have done.

Not knocking McKenna cos even if you catch lightning in a bottle you still need to know what to do with it.
Didn’t know anything about him at all till I looked him up on Transfermkt. Certainly had a varied education as a coach. I always hoped it was the type of manager we were looking for before we got Farke. No offence to Farke at all and in fairness he had the better of the personal battle this season.
But what is he, 37. Whoever brought him to Ipswich must be proud of himself. Stupid arse that he is 😁
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Liam Rosenior has been sacked by Hull after missing out on the playoffs.

Ruthless from Hull owner.

Very well backed tbf.

Highly rated Turkish winger Abdulkadir Omur signed permanently.
Goalie Ivor Pandur
Fabio Carvalho
Ryan Giles
Noah Ohio

Bit of a surprise but can't say he wasn't backed.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:49 pm Liam Rosenior has been sacked by Hull after missing out on the playoffs.

Very well backed tbf.

Goalie Ivor Pandur
Fabio Carvalho
Ryan Giles
Noah Ohio

David Moyes incoming :mshr:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 am I live in an IP post code CW, around 6 miles from the centre of Ipswich towards the River Orwell

My hairdresser is an Ipswich fan
Our local vineyard (is about a mile away from us ) where we regularly go for a walk and a drink, the owners are season ticket holders...
Even my Supermarket delivery man is an Ipswich fan (by the way my shopping comes all the way from the Clacton store!)

It's going to be a mare for me these next few weeks :x
Used to be a time we didn't have vineyards in the UK , except maybe Kent . There are a few round this way now too , it isn't something you think of growing in the UK but it does seem popular now . I have done runs and walks round Nacton way , raced in Landseer park , fondly named by most runners as dog s**t city due to the amount of dog owners that didn't clear up their dogs dumps. My old club used to race ( still do , I don't) in same cross country league as Ipswich Jaffa and a load of other clubs . Alton Water very nice place for outdoors stuff too .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:49 pm Liam Rosenior has been sacked by Hull after missing out on the playoffs.

Very well backed tbf.

Goalie Ivor Pandur
Fabio Carvalho
Ryan Giles
Noah Ohio

I'm shocked with this news.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 pm I'm shocked with this news.
Me too,64’

Thought all they lacked was an out and out striker to finish off good approach play.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:22 pm Me too,64’

Thought all they lacked was an out and out striker to finish off good approach play.
Indeed Finn :tup:

Watched their impressive victories at Leicester & Southampton, a good display in their 3-3 draw vs Ipswich, my my, they gave us a game at ER, unlucky not to take at least a point.
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Clacton White wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm Used to be a time we didn't have vineyards in the UK , except maybe Kent . There are a few round this way now too ,
Leventhorpe vineyard, near Temple Newsam, has been open for about 30 years.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Very well backed tbf.

Goalie Ivor Pandur
Fabio Carvalho
Ryan Giles
Noah Ohio

Someone will pick him up. Thought he was pretty good at organizing that side. Agree he was backed to some degree, and only narrowly missed the playoffs. I could see someone like Sunderland being a good fit for him.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The clear favourite for the Hull City job after a reveal by The Telegraph is former Bayern reserve and Hamburg coach Tim Walter.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No idea where the today's match thread is.

WBA all over Southampton first 5 minutes
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay