Warnock returns the club to ordinary fans.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
white.riot

Warnock returns the club to ordinary fans.

Post by white.riot »

"Neil Warnock is urging all Leeds United fans to play a part in Saturday's Elland Road clash with West Ham United.
With over 30,000 tickets sold for the game and a potential crowd of 33,000 set to turn out for the visit of the promotion chasers, the delighted manager says the swell of support can play a huge role in proceedings.
"We've been pushing this and the response has been terrific," said the boss.
"With West Ham bringing 3,000 fans and a good support, I wanted our fans that hadn't been recently for whatever reason to get out of the armchair and maybe bring someone else from another armchair.
"I don't want any negativity. Let's all get together and have a real positive atmosphere.
"It makes a statement when Leeds United gets a crowd of 30,000 and it can be hostile and intimidating.
"It's a great stadium when it's nearly full like this and what a great opportunity for us to try and beat a West Ham team, who have the best away record in the division. We'll certainly be looking for the win."

Warnock continues to say what many of us have said all season. His off the field leadership is without doubt the best we have had at ER in many years. Long may it continue and long may demonstrations and marches be condemned to the footnote in history where they belong. Well done Warnock. The fans are returning not because we are winning cos this game was selling before we were but because Warnock has claimed the club back from the ultras and keyboard warriors for the ordinary fan. A momentous moment in our history I think.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Warnock returns the club to ordinary fans.

Post by The Subhuman »

Bravo..think I was one of the first to advocate Warnock for Leeds here. I'll take full responsibility if it goes tits up
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:Bravo..think I was one of the first to advocate Warnock for Leeds here. I'll take full responsibility if it goes tits up

I still think we could have done better but I support all our managers [and anyone else at ER]. Unity, stability are goals to cherish.

And well done for blowing your own trumpet mate. Will you be referring to yourself in the third person any time soon :wink:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Bravo..think I was one of the first to advocate Warnock for Leeds here. I'll take full responsibility if it goes tits up
No you wasn't :lol: think again mate !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Faaip says no
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I love Warnock's interviews, so refreshing !

His infectious passion for whatever club he has managed is second to none

Top man for a top job :tup:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:I love Warnock's interviews, so refreshing !

His infectious passion for whatever club he has managed is second to none

Top man for a top job :tup:

Once he starts accruing points we will be fine. He should have gone into PR - he would have been far more successful.

Within 2 years I confidently predict you will dump him like you did the 'so called' best passer of a ball at ER :lol:

My interest of course is unity - I made no comment about his managerial skills on the field which are at their limit in The Champs. I don't recall you predicting that Warnock would unify the club, isolate the protestors and prove that the problem was never Bates. Happy to be contradicted. I also have to say that he was fortunate to inherit such a good squad.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:
No you wasn't :lol: think again mate !

I did here...if you were earlier I apologise

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ck#p382971
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:

I did here...if you were earlier I apologise

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ck#p382971

You did well on Warnock, horribly wrong though on Bates' ability/wish to deliver. Can I put you down as a convert?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

Once he starts accruing points we will be fine. He should have gone into PR - he would have been far more successful.

Within 2 years I confidently predict you will dump him like you did the 'so called' best passer of a ball at ER :lol:

My interest of course is unity - I made no comment about his managerial skills on the field which are at their limit in The Champs. I don't recall you predicting that Warnock would unify the club, isolate the protestors and prove that the problem was never Bates. Happy to be contradicted. I also have to say that he was fortunate to inherit such a good squad.
No I won't !

In two your time Warnock will have retired to Cornwall sipping a glass of champagne celebrating a JOB DONE :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

You did well on Warnock, horribly wrong though on Bates' ability/wish to deliver. Can I put you down as a convert?
Taken him a long time to deliver :shock: but he's certainly done a shrewd bit of business this time

We're still not there yet !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

WR, agree almost wholeheartedly with your opening post, Warnock seems to live and breathe football, is respectful (surprisingly, given his past pronouncements) of Leeds fans loyalty and voracious support of the team, and has made players a lot of us believed to be not good enough into a unit who no-one will fancy playing. Which, barring the last segment, is the polar opposite of what a lot of fans percieved Mr Bates to be. This is where we differ. LUST plus, I believe, a sizeable element of the silent majority, had/have legitimate concerns about what appeared to be diametrically opposed aspirations of fans and our chairman. Investing in infrastructure to the detriment of the team, referring to his customers as morons and dissidents and generally behaving like some kind of despot was never likely to endear Bates to even the most passive of supporters. For probably the millionth time on Leeds forums over the last few years, no-one is advocating a return to the profligate spending of the Risdale era but, bloody hell, we should at least be competing. And yes, I know my critique of NW's transformation of the existing team/squad is somewhat at odds with my last comment re spending but I think most of us accept that to really make us contenders, at least a couple of quality additions are required.

It remains to be seen whether the appointment of Warnock was a cynical ploy to deflect attention away from falling attendances, fan unrest etc or a genuine road to Damascus realisation that the current business model wasn't working. :duno: The summer, for me, will tell the tale.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

lufc1304 wrote:WR, agree almost wholeheartedly with your opening post, Warnock seems to live and breathe football, is respectful (surprisingly, given his past pronouncements) of Leeds fans loyalty and voracious support of the team, and has made players a lot of us believed to be not good enough into a unit who no-one will fancy playing. Which, barring the last segment, is the polar opposite of what a lot of fans percieved Mr Bates to be. This is where we differ. LUST plus, I believe, a sizeable element of the silent majority, had/have legitimate concerns about what appeared to be diametrically opposed aspirations of fans and our chairman. Investing in infrastructure to the detriment of the team, referring to his customers as morons and dissidents and generally behaving like some kind of despot was never likely to endear Bates to even the most passive of supporters. For probably the millionth time on Leeds forums over the last few years, no-one is advocating a return to the profligate spending of the Risdale era but, bloody hell, we should at least be competing. And yes, I know my critique of NW's transformation of the existing team/squad is somewhat at odds with my last comment re spending but I think most of us accept that to really make us contenders, at least a couple of quality additions are required.

It remains to be seen whether the appointment of Warnock was a cynical ploy to deflect attention away from falling attendances, fan unrest etc or a genuine road to Damascus realisation that the current business model wasn't working. :duno: The summer, for me, will tell the tale.
So much I could take issue with but all that matters is UNITY which was why I loved Warnock's words, words which ordinary fans have been saying all along. I don't look for subterfuge etc. I simply look for a good day out and always get one - even when it get's a bit depressing. The downs make the ups.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

white.riot wrote:
So much I could take issue with but all that matters is UNITY which was why I loved Warnock's words, words which ordinary fans have been saying all along. I don't look for subterfuge etc. I simply look for a good day out and always get one - even when it get's a bit depressing. The downs make the ups.
WR, my opinion was simply that, mine and, tbh, I'm all for a Leeds UNITED as well. The appointment of Warnock seems, at least in the short term, to have acheived that and it is a valid arguement that, as the appointer, Bates deserves some credit. Back Neil in the summer and, whilst I won't be declaring my undying love, I'll start to at least nibble on my hat! Just not entirely convinced that he won't expect NW to work miracles on something only marginally thicker than a shoestring, we'll see.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

'I hope we don't get clapped off for losing again.' May be the best sentence I've ever seen or heard from the man. He's seriously turned me round to him since being here! Long may this positivity continue!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

I loved Warnock's dig at Bates tho. "I told Connolly that I can't buy or get in anyone better than him at the moment - which will please the chairman, I'm SURE". :roflmao:
He's got Bates sussed :twisted: - I like Warnock a lot, since he joined us! :tup:
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

At £36 per ticket I won't be returning
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggster wrote:I loved Warnock's dig at Bates tho. "I told Connolly that I can't buy or get in anyone better than him at the moment - which will please the chairman, I'm SURE". :roflmao:
He's got Bates sussed :twisted: - I like Warnock a lot, since he joined us! :tup:
sorry, I fail to see what that has to do with Ken....
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

I also think Mr Warnock is a good fit for Leeds at this stage. Certainly hearing a different message from the manager is benefitting players and fans alike, even Mr Bates sounds like he is highly enthusiastic about the the new man.
Perhaps the Chairman deserves some credit for the appointment, equally for bringing to a close the tenure of the previous manager.
Maybe even some credit for the original appointment of Mr Grayson who did the business of getting us to Division 2, sorry Championship, and establishment in the upper half of our current division with a reasonable squad of Div 2 standard players.

We will continue to be inspired but Mr Warnock's words for some time to come, won't we? And our players will continue to play out of their skins for him, won't they? And we won't get sick of some of the manager's little habits, will we? (or is it won't we?)

Seriously though, I'm excited about the potential of a massive atmosphere at ER this weekend, and several more to come, aren't I?

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Twiggster wrote:I loved Warnock's dig at Bates tho. "I told Connolly that I can't buy or get in anyone better than him at the moment - which will please the chairman, I'm SURE". :roflmao:
You hated him two weeks ago!