Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
white.riot

Re: Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by white.riot »

Crude United wrote: I sense your a tad jealous of Brighton's financial clout, as am I. Who knows how much money Ken has to invest, he's put squat into the club from his coffers since he took over. Maybe Gary Cooper would be a better person to ask these questions to. Oh, that's right, Gary is the devil-incarnate from your point of view since he has dared to challenge Saint Ken during his reign over the club. I quite like MOT, fantastic tune and makes my heart rise with pride every time I hear it. How about you?
Unlike you, I look at no other club or club owner with envy. I love my club, warts and all. It represents more than just football to me. You will have noticed that as time wears on Gary Cooper and his band of dandy highwaymen have become totally peripheral (anonymous). I invest heart, soul and money in my club. It's a pleasure not a burdon. Anyone who wants posh seats, a chairman with money etc knows where to find them. Me, I'm off to Burnley, the first (and possibly last) club in Britain to install heated seats. Look where that got them. I dare say there'll be twists and turns on the south coast as the poker player's time ebbs away. Be careful what you wish for. MOT - Bates Saved Us despite the total lack of support from some supporters. Funny that I always think.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

white.riot wrote:[Unlike you, I look at no other club or club owner with envy. I love my club, warts and all. It represents more than just football to me. You will have noticed that as time wears on Gary Cooper and his band of dandy highwaymen have become totally peripheral (anonymous). I invest heart, soul and money in my club. It's a pleasure not a burdon. Anyone who wants posh seats, a chairman with money etc knows where to find them. Me, I'm off to Burnley, the first (and possibly last) club in Britain to install heated seats. Look where that got them. I dare say there'll be twists and turns on the south coast as the poker player's time ebbs away. Be careful what you wish for. MOT - Bates Saved Us despite the total lack of support from some supporters. Funny that I always think.
Got to hand it to you, your unflinching support of a con-man is almost admirable, even if a bit disturbing. Rock on Riot, if I ever get to Elland Road someday, would love to stand next to you and belt out chorus after chorus of MOT with you. I'll buy the beers afterwards.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

nickjett wrote:
Why has he signed Hall? what has he had since signing 15 mins?
For the umpteenth time, Hall did not have a preseason and was training without a club when Warnock signed him.

Many questions have been raised about Warnock of late, many of which are valid, but Hall is not match fit and will be a bit part player until he is.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Crude United wrote: Got to hand it to you, your unflinching support of a con-man is almost admirable, even if a bit disturbing. Rock on Riot, if I ever get to Elland Road someday, would love to stand next to you and belt out chorus after chorus of MOT with you. I'll buy the beers afterwards.
He's never conned me - simple as that really. I feared the club would die at one point. It didn't and the reason was Bates. i will always respect him for that one single act. You ask me to choose Bates or a bunch of amateurs or folk who are still wet behind the ears and do nowt but shout. No contest I'm afraid. You need Patlufcs permission to stand where I do. She controls access like Johnny Friendly :wink:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

white.riot wrote:
He's never conned me - simple as that really. I feared the club would die at one point. It didn't and the reason was Bates. i will always respect him for that one single act. You ask me to choose Bates or a bunch of amateurs or folk who are still wet behind the ears and do nowt but shout. No contest I'm afraid. You need Patlufcs permission to stand where I do. She controls access like Johnny Friendly :wink:
Thing is, with really good con-men, most people never catch on their being conned until it's too late. I'll be getting on Pat's good side for future access privileges.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Crude United wrote: Thing is, with really good con-men, most people never catch on their being conned until it's too late. I'll be getting on Pat's good side for future access privileges.
I pay a price I'm happy to pay. When I can't afford it I'll stop paying. The East Stand is better for the money spent on it. Where's the con? I couldn't save the club (I can help of course by turning up, which i do). Cooper couldn't save the club. I doubt you or GW could have saved it. Bates did and he's the con man. Not in my world. He puts a product on the table and I choose whether to buy it or not. You read too much into things. Lufc is meant to be fun. Unfortunately you guys give the haters in the ground license to spoil my fun with your LUST membership etc. That's the real con - lufc fans spoiling the match day experience for other lufc fans. Explain that one for me?
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by yeboOAAAH »

nickjett wrote:
Why has he signed Hall? what has he had since signing 15 mins?
Wasn't convinced. I'm not sure of all the hype - He looks far better than what he is because he's playing in a very painfully average squad.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

white.riot wrote:
I pay a price I'm happy to pay. When I can't afford it I'll stop paying. The East Stand is better for the money spent on it. Where's the con? I couldn't save the club (I can help of course by turning up, which i do). Cooper couldn't save the club. I doubt you or GW could have saved it. Bates did and he's the con man. Not in my world. He puts a product on the table and I choose whether to buy it or not. You read too much into things. Lufc is meant to be fun. Unfortunately you guys give the haters in the ground license to spoil my fun with your LUST membership etc. That's the real con - lufc fans spoiling the match day experience for other lufc fans. Explain that one for me?
So you're content to have a chairman who constantly lies to you and you still don't see that he is a con man?

"buying back Elland Road is a priority"

"the money from the Delph transfer guarantees the repurchase of Thorp Arch"

"the money from the transfer of Max Gradel will be reinvested in the squad"

"the money from the sale of Jonny Howson will be given to Simon Grayson to spend"

And there are many more where that came from, including his lies in court in Jersey

No, you are so hopelessly in thrall to the crook that all you can do is turn on the members of LUST and say that it's our fault for giving people in the ground licence to spoil your fun. I fear that you are beyond hope.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Guildford White wrote:
So you're content to have a chairman who constantly lies to you and you still don't see that he is a con man?

"buying back Elland Road is a priority"

"the money from the Delph transfer guarantees the repurchase of Thorp Arch"

"the money from the transfer of Max Gradel will be reinvested in the squad"

"the money from the sale of Jonny Howson will be given to Simon Grayson to spend"

And there are many more where that came from, including his lies in court in Jersey

No, you are so hopelessly in thrall to the crook that all you can do is turn on the members of LUST and say that it's our fault for giving people in the ground licence to spoil your fun. I fear that you are beyond hope.

As ever, you miss the point. Bates doesn't lie to me cos I pay no attention to him. You on the other hand hang on his every word looking to trip him up. You are truly in thrall to him. Look around you and you will find that football chairs promise all kinds of things that they fail to deliver. I'm only surprised that a worldly wise individual like yourself continues to fall for it tbh. Read my posts - Bates saved us ( fact ), I don't read the programme. I don't listen to YR. I don't join groups of insurgents. I pay for the product on the field - when I think it isn't worth it I'll stop paying. I'm looking forward to Burnley while you look forward to your next English comprehension test :duno:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

white.riot wrote:

As ever, you miss the point. Bates doesn't lie to me cos I pay no attention to him. You on the other hand hang on his every word looking to trip him up. You are truly in thrall to him. Look around you and you will find that football chairs promise all kinds of things that they fail to deliver. I'm only surprised that a worldly wise individual like yourself continues to fall for it tbh. Read my posts - Bates saved us ( fact ), I don't read the programme. I don't listen to YR. I don't join groups of insurgents. I pay for the product on the field - when I think it isn't worth it I'll stop paying. I'm looking forward to Burnley while you look forward to your next English comprehension test :duno:
Stick your fingers in your ears and you won't hear the lies.

Close your eyes and you won't see that he sells all our best players and does not reinvest the money in the team.

As you were riot.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
For the umpteenth time, Hall did not have a preseason and was training without a club when Warnock signed him.

Many questions have been raised about Warnock of late, many of which are valid, but Hall is not match fit and will be a bit part player until he is.
You dont gain fitness by playing no football!
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

nickjett wrote:
You dont gain fitness by playing no football!
But you don't come on and play close to your best until you are fit either.

He's had some reserve football. Give him some time.
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
But you don't come on and play close to your best until you are fit either.

He's had some reserve football. Give him some time.
My point is if the take over happened before we signed him would we have signed him? And why would you sign a player which is unfit if a takeover was imminent? it doesn't make sense?!
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

nickjett wrote:
My point is if the take over happened before we signed him would we have signed him? And why would you sign a player which is unfit if a takeover was imminent? it doesn't make sense?!

For Christ's sake Nick, it's called 'taking a punt', Colin rates him, but he's not match fit yet. You cannot sling an unfit player into these games until you feel he is fit enough to last the pace. On the bench is the best place for him, a few appearances off the bench, build him up, then use him...... Colin is the manager, not us, he sees him day in, day out, and is in a position to see how he is progressing. :roll:
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

Drs.Dad wrote:

For Christ's sake Nick, it's called 'taking a punt', Colin rates him, but he's not match fit yet. You cannot sling an unfit player into these games until you feel he is fit enough to last the pace. On the bench is the best place for him, a few appearances off the bench, build him up, then use him...... Colin is the manager, not us, he sees him day in, day out, and is in a position to see how he is progressing. :roll:
HAHA lol, quote this in 2 months time, then whats a punt?!
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

nickjett wrote:
HAHA lol, quote this in 2 months time, then whats a punt?!

Just remember he's been signed on loan with a view to purchase in January, that's a punt! :wink: