Leeds v Watford - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Leeds v Watford - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:As you know I was against the signing of most of those Neil bought in. Journeymen all, I like the signings of Pearce and Austin and I like the loan signing of Hall. Everyone else were wrong for Leeds in this position. Including Kenny, A goalkeeper wasn't on top of the list of requirement, but it seemed to me that was the one player NW wanted.
would add Tonge to your list, faaip, but otherwise agree. Plenty of perspiration, sod all inspiration. Less than 20k there yesterday, hardly surprising given the dross on offer.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

Never wanted Warnock in the 1. place, and have never seen why people have been defending him all the time. All this "when he signes his own players, HIS team will do much better than Grayson's shower of s**t" really pissed me off, as a good manager get's the best out of the players he has. Clearly Colin i not a good manager, as his team is doing even worst than grayson's s**t players... Did he not promise us after the Nottingham game last season, that we would never see a result like that on ER from his team??? Well Colin then what the hell was yesterday's result then??? I am utterly disgusted that he has not been fired yet.

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Another poor display from United i am afraid i dont buy into we only had 9 men business Warnock set it off with his team selection.Then taking Green off and leaving White on was stupid.Worse was to follow when he made a right c--- up at half-time putting on two subs.At the moment it looks as if he puts every players name in a hat and then picks out who will play along with Kenny.He does not seem to have any idea what his best team is.Can,t be bothered giving marks well maybe one Warnock-3
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Another poor display from United i am afraid i dont buy into we only had 9 men business Warnock set it off with his team selection.Then taking Green off and leaving White on was stupid.Worse was to follow when he made a right c--- up at half-time putting on two subs.At the moment it looks as if he puts every players name in a hat and then picks out who will play along with Kenny.He does not seem to have any idea what his best team is.Can,t be bothered giving marks well maybe one Warnock-3
Very difficult for anyone to produce ratings because of the circumstances

You rated Warnock high there mate :wink:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
Very difficult for anyone to produce ratings because of the circumstances

You rated Warnock high there mate :wink:
Tried not to be to hard so thought minus 3 was about right
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sofa Head »

faaip wrote:As you know I was against the signing of most of those Neil bought in. Journeymen all, I like the signings of Pearce and Austin and I like the loan signing of Hall. Everyone else were wrong for Leeds in this position. Including Kenny, A goalkeeper wasn't on top of the list of requirement, but it seemed to me that was the one player NW wanted.
Agree with every word of this. I fear we are simply repeating the same old mistakes and saddling the next manager with his budget-sapping unwanted surplus.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Sofa Head wrote:
Agree with every word of this. I fear we are simply repeating the same old mistakes and saddling the next manager with his budget-sapping unwanted surplus.
Unfortunately due to the budget-sapping unwanted surplus of the last manager, these are the best he could get in. And the unwanted surplus of the last manager were brought in because he couldn't afford better either. It's a vicious circle that can only be fixed by a chairman who's willing to accept that running a squad has overheads.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

markolufc wrote:
Unfortunately due to the budget-sapping unwanted surplus of the last manager, these are the best he could get in. And the unwanted surplus of the last manager were brought in because he couldn't afford better either. It's a vicious circle that can only be fixed by a chairman who's willing to accept that running a squad has overheads.
So Bates needs to raise money to cover these overheads. As a business the only option then is to either sell players or increase ticket prices. I can really see everyone clamouring to pay £5 extra per ticket. We then buy these better players, on better wages and guess what not all of them turn out to be amazing. We are then saddled with even more 'overheads' from salaries of players no longer wanted. So the vicious circle gets even nastier and kicks us down to league 1.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

weasel wrote:
So Bates needs to raise money to cover these overheads. As a business the only option then is to either sell players or increase ticket prices. I can really see everyone clamouring to pay £5 extra per ticket. We then buy these better players, on better wages and guess what not all of them turn out to be amazing. We are then saddled with even more 'overheads' from salaries of players no longer wanted. So the vicious circle gets even nastier and kicks us down to league 1.
Or stop wasting it on petty legal vendettas, or stop investing money in the stadium when the most urgent and pressing concern is the squad that's still struggling to get its foot in the door due to lack of depth and, more recently, any amount of real quality. Why do you keep ignoring these points? Make efforts to get more fans in, if the ticket prices drop you'll get more fans in. The extra fans will make up for the drop in price of the tickets, and any money they spend on food/drink/programmes etc will give more money.

The overheads are a necessary part of running a squad. Bringing any player in is a risk if it doesn't work out. It's just a fact of football that not every player is going to work out. So your alternative solution is to have a small squad of cheap, substandard players that are incapable of getting us out of this league due to fear that in MIGHT not work out if we bring in some better players to replace the better ones we got rid of at the first opportunity. The reality is that what *should* have happened is that Gradel, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass and Clayton should have been held onto more stubbornly instead of herding them out the door at the first opportunity, then we wouldn't HAVE to take a risk on bringing in an expensive player. We'd have expensive players on the books that are worth EVERY PENNY because we know they are going to perform. You then build your squad around them, over the course of a couple of seasons, which is what should have happened the last two seasons, which is what WOULD have happened if bates has covered the overheads of the deadwood players who hadn't worked out or were injured, and let Grayson bring in the very few quality additions he needed to make to seal the deal. Players like Kaspars Gorkks, who he wanted but was told he wasn't allowed.

The only outgoing expenses bates has been strict about has been player wages. Millions upon millions has gone out the door, relatively unmodulated, on other less important things. He's failed time and again to ensure the manager has enough to play with to cover the problems with his squad, instead sticking with a strict budget that's predetermined, altered little to account for unforeseen circumstances.