Leeds v Leicester - Team News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Leicester - Team News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Emsley »

Nice detailed review 64. :tup:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Emsley wrote:Nice detailed review 64. :tup:
I try :wink:

Glad someone reads it :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:
A lot of people questioning that descision, good to hear a view from the other side.
It stopped the Foxes in their tracks so the correct substitution was made....some fans just think about the attacking side of the game. Warnock was spot on last night & deserves some credit for the win
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:One minor gripe for me; I'd love Warnock to encourage the team to really go at the opposition when we get our noses in front, rather than scrapping to hold what we have. This league is ridiculously close and goal difference could be the difference between auto and play-offs or play-offs and also-rans. Our's is poor at present (-4) whereas Palace, for example, are +12.
That will come as the team improves over the next few months Nick....Leicester have spent £millions & believe me they have some quality players at this level, had we gone gung-ho we'd have lost that game that is a certainty !

Btw last night's win against Leicester was the first time we've beaten the Foxes at ER since the 2004/5 when Healy & Kilgallon scored
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:
That will come as the team improves over the next few months Nick....Leicester have spent £millions & believe me they have some quality players at this level, had we gone gung-ho we'd have lost that game that is a certainty !

Btw last night's win against Leicester was the first time we've beaten the Foxes at ER since the 2004/5 when Healy & Kilgallon scored
Fair enough Leon, you were there mate, and can see things that don't come across on the radio. Must admit I was disappointed when I heard the Thomas/Brown swap, but it seems it was a smart move so hat tipped to Colin! :tup:

Really? I knew those feckers had a hoodoo on us, but didn't realise it stretched back that far. Nice to put that one to bed. Was always a bit sorry that we couldn't hold onto Kilgallon, a touch of the young Woodgate about him. Healy, on the other hand, turned out to be a mercenary wee sh*te who was only interested in the money :x
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

A better performance although we did get battered in the 2nd half.Don,t know what difference it would have made if Nugent had been fit.I thought the change of Thomas for Brown could have been risky but we got through it.It may have backfired if Leicester had scored but they did,nt.Once again a poor gate for a league game on aTuesday night.We now face the short trip to Huddersfield who will be lickin their wounds from last night a interesting game to look forward to.
Kenny 7 Another solid performance
Byram 7 Did well but not as forceful as saturday
Lees 8 Looks better alongside Tate again
Tate 8 Hopefully will keep his place on Saturday
Peltier 6 Still not convinced he is suited to the L/H side
Green 6 Steady
Tonge 6 Flits in and out of games a bit to much
Norris 8 A real workhorse performance
Diouf 6 Better than Saturday
Thomas 7 Looked lively and also a bit disappointed when he was withdrawn
Bechhio 7 Put the penalty away well and you cant ask for more than scoring
Sub
Brown 5 Made his mark again
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Good reviews guys!

Glad to hear we have competition over places. McCormack, Hall and White are all biting at the teeth to get on, Brown is still a crucial sub, when Pearce and Austin return, as well as Somma... we'll have a real decent bench compared to what we did have.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Just seen the game back on LUTV. Jeez, this lad Thomas is electric! Samby and Norris were also excellent and interesting to see Lees playing as a defensive mid, now Tate is so solid in CD.
As '64 says above - what has Warnock put in Becchio's coffee? Looked sharp and was everywhere last night.
Some very poor linesmans' decisions cost us another Becchio goal, that I don't think was offside from the replay - and they cost us another penalty, when son of scum brought down Diouf who was through on goal, yet flagged offside. Schmeichel should have been off for that.
And as for the corner, when son of scum hit the bar - Kenny never touched it and that could have cost us.
But we never looked in danger of losing to one of the top sides in the league ATM. OK - crisps were missing their top scorer, but I think Tate would have dealt with him anyway! :tup:

Same team against the dog botherers please Neil! :tup:
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

As you say Twiggs, Becchio was electrified last night. It was interesting that two of our most often vilified players, Becchio and Peltier were named in the Championship Team of the Week

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=301117

Perhaps there really are better judges of talent out there!
:twisted:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Drs.Dad wrote:As you say Twiggs, Becchio was electrified last night. It was interesting that two of our most often vilified players, Becchio and Peltier were named in the Championship Team of the Week

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=301117

Perhaps there really are better judges of talent out there!
:twisted:
Why does your new sig mention wee wee? :duno: