Red Bull?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Red Bull?

Post by Drs.Dad »

I see the Daily Mail has it that Cellino has been in talks this week with Red Bull to take over the club.
Anyone up for a bit of stability?
Come on you Leeds Red Bulls!!!
]
[urlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/arti ... y-out.html[/url]

:twisted:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Red Bull?

Post by The Subhuman »

1. Daily Mail so probably BS
2 It'll be nice to play in red for a change
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Bring it on with them owning us we'll soon be in the Prem, they can mess with the name Leeds Red Bull is okay with me :lol:

But we should never change our colours we play in White 8-)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Red Bull?

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Ratscoot wrote:Bring it on with them owning us we'll soon be in the Prem, they can mess with the name Leeds Red Bull is okay with me :lol:

But we should never change our colours we play in White 8-)
PARDON?!

Change our name? No to red bull!!! No no no no
Bollocks anyway
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 1h1 hour ago
Asked Cellino to respond to the stories about takeover talks with Red Bull. "Bullshit. It's a complete lie."
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Twiggster wrote:Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 1h1 hour ago
Asked Cellino to respond to the stories about takeover talks with Red Bull. "Bullshit. It's a complete lie."
RB can only dream about a club like LUFC. Maybe they can form a consortium with Farnan and Flowers, with Radebe as the figurehead? Seems legit.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Crude wrote: RB can only dream about a club like LUFC. Maybe they can form a consortium with Farnan and Flowers, with Radebe as the figurehead? Seems legit.
Completely wrong.

I bet they piss up enough money each year in F1 to buy us. If they want us, they can afford us. Cellino would find another project and drift off on his yacht with a few quid in his back pocket.

But the connotations with the colour red do make me uneasy. One (of many) reasons I dislike Cardiff so much is their (owners) decision to play in red, ignoring their Bluebird history. I would rather rot in league 2 ground sharing with Bradford rather than play in red.

As always with leeds- wait & see- we will be the last to find out.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

The heart and soul of any club is the fan base.

No amount of name changes to Leeds Red Bulls, stadium name changes or shirt colour changes would ever stop me supporting my team. 'Leeds United' is the spirit, the passion and the dedication of us, not the letters on the official paper of the hue on our backs.
As Mr Shakespeare said, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

I think it's all garbage anyway.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

drsdadsotherson wrote: I think it's all garbage anyway.

YUP!
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

It stinks of BS, yet at the same time ALL the papers are running it now! Could it possibly be Plan B, just in case the FL morons force Cellino to sell up?
:duno:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Red Bull thing has been discussions about sponsorship NOT a takeover !
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

You sure '64?

Could be looking for a stake according to the above link...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

El Es Six wrote:You sure '64?

Could be looking for a stake according to the above link...
Still think it could be pure speculation EES

Only time will tell
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

1964white wrote:
Still think it could be pure speculation EES

Only time will tell
Maybe the purported Red Bull representative was a shady sheik or a daily mail reporter. :duno:
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

1964white wrote:Only time will tell
True!
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

There would be no point in changing the colours to red, as the RED bull wouldn't show up...

Red Bull F1 livery is blue...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

barryanorak wrote:There would be no point in changing the colours to red, as the RED bull wouldn't show up...

Red Bull F1 livery is blue...
Fair point.

Meanwhile the rumours refuse to go away. There has been talk in the last week that Cellino is finding it difficult to raise the funds to buy Elland Road, and with only 9 days to go before the next rent instalment is due he might be getting desperate
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Yep, the rumours just refuse to go away! I have read that Cellino is livid that he is being disrespected by the spread of these stories, and then the Telegraph states that Cellino has confirmed that he is talking to Red Bull, but not to sell the club, only for minority investment (which RB are not keen on!). Perhaps only time will tell!
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

I still feel the same as I did last time this cropped up. The majority of my feelings are against the idea. We shouldn't change our name / stadium or club colours. We would become a global brand and not a passionate football club.

The other part of me, the minority, wonders what if? It's clear clubs need to adapt/evolve to survive. Maybe in 10 years, all the Premier League clubs will be owned by major global brands. You only need to look at the Premier League to see that, Southampton's current run aside, major investment is needed for clubs to fight for the top half of the table. Would we be financially stable enough to be able to gamble in the Premier League or would we be still slowly growing, unable to afford big players, and resort to being content with fluctuating in the relegation zone. I also factor in how annoyed I would be if Norwich took the opportunity and the Norwich Red Bulls were fighting for a Europa League spot next season (money doesn't guarantee success, I know, but it loosens the shackles that prevent success). Importantly, is Leeds legacy simply tied into the name of the club and stadium, or is it entirely possible to transform into a new chapter of the club whilst still maintaining the legacy and the fans love?

When do we make the call and say; due to bad ownership and decisions in the past the club has become too damaged and if it tries to grow in a sustainable and managed way, it will never catch up with the forever-growing Premier League and maybe we need to sacrifice something in order to leap frog back into the top half of the division.

Genuine question for those saying they'd rather Leeds wallowed in League 1/2 than became a Red Bull franchise of some sort; with some careful consideration, do you genuinely agree with that? In the rest of you're Leeds supporting life time you'd be content with never breaking out of League 1 as long as the club never changed?!
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 12m12 minutes ago
Red Bull statement: "We can confirm that Red Bull has no plans to take over Leeds United nor take a stake in the club."

:tup: