Show travelling fans respect

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Show travelling fans respect

Post by YorkshireSquare »

A lot has been said by Massimo Cellino recently about the inconvenience caused to fans by the rescheduling of games due to television. This came to a head when Cellino banned Sky from Elland Road for the game with Derby back in December, you’d have got good odds at Hityah on the game not being televised only hours before kickoff. The deadlock eventually being broken when Shaun Harvey negotiated their entry. Whether this was Cellinos real reason for his objections or actions is not entirely clear, many believe it is to try to force the issue of clubs selling their own TV rights, but it is definitely true that fans have been vastly inconvenienced.

Be it a Monday night in Middlesbrough or a Monday night in Brighton the move away from the weekend is still an inconvenience to the thousands who have bought their tickets and made arrangements. Many will have taken time off work for last nights visit the south coast. It is all however part of modern football, a pain but with a significant proportion of clubs revenue coming from broadcasting rights something than clubs and fans alike have put up with.

All the fans demand from their loyalty, commitment and hard earned cash is a performance and if they don’t get a performance it would be nice to have an explanation. Leeds United last night gave them neither. Brighton were firm favourites in the sports betting, with them challenging for play-offs and Leeds hovering above the relegation scrap. But four goals in the space of twenty first half minutes lead to a humiliating defeat. A penalty, a deflected own goal and a toothless performance up front gave the travelling faithful nothing to take home.

Massimo Cellino was in attendance at the Amex last night, he didn’t bother to stay for the second half though. Nor did Steve Evans hang around after the game having been told by Cellino not to attend the post-match press conference. He failed to do any interviews for local radio too. Instead it fell to Paul Raynor to speak to the press yet again;

"The first-half performance was shambolic. Our defending was atrocious and the manager is going to dissect it with the players. We only had 15 minutes at half-time to try and put a shape together and to show a bit of pride and commitment and heart out there and I felt we did that in the second half. But the first half was absolutely shambolic and it simply was not good enough.

"We know you are going to ask questions and we know you want answers. We can't worry about the chairman. If I was him I would have gone as well to be fair because he doesn't want to see his football club playing like that and I don't blame him for that."

So, a dismal performance and the President didn’t even have the courage to stay with the fans or send the head coach out to answer questions. A pretty poor performance all around from the club last night. The fans give their hearts to you, all they ask for is performance and a bit of respect.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Showing the travelling fans respect too much to ask?

Post by 1964white »

Us travelling fans deserve much respect bearing in mind the rubbish served up over the last twelve years

No apologies or respect shown last night which is only common courtesy in my mind after our fans endured a shambolic/woeful performance

An absolute disgrace imo
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

Cellino says he feels sorry for the fans who travelled yesterday to game and embarrassed and will invest Money in the summer but Evans won't be getting sacked
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:Us travelling fans deserve much respect bearing in mind the rubbish served up over the last twelve years

No apologies or respect shown last night which is only common courtesy in my mind after our fans endured a shambolic/woeful performance

An absolute disgrace imo

to be fair mate now I look at it in the cold light of day im glad Evans didn't speak to the press because he would of embarrassed himself and the fans , this is as good as it gets for Evans been the manager of Leeds united and I feel he would say anything it takes to keep the job .as leeds fans we know what its like to be treated with contempt and disdain from the Bates era so last night was nothing new . on a selfish note I would like to see more of the kids been given a chance till the end of the season , I don't mind losing if the team are trying and the kids would run there hearts out for a first team outing .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

beer belly bert wrote:

to be fair mate now I look at it in the cold light of day im glad Evans didn't speak to the press because he would of embarrassed himself and the fans , this is as good as it gets for Evans been the manager of Leeds united and I feel he would say anything it takes to keep the job .as leeds fans we know what its like to be treated with contempt and disdain from the Bates era so last night was nothing new . on a selfish note I would like to see more of the kids been given a chance till the end of the season , I don't mind losing if the team are trying and the kids would run there hearts out for a first team outing .
My fear is now that no win in 11, we are only 9 points off the relegation zone now. We need to start picking up points.