Favourite Alcoholic Drink - Poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Favourite Alcoholic Drink - Poll

Beer
39%
Lager
17%
Wine
6%
Whisky
22%
Gin
6%
Rum
6%
Vodka
No votes
Bailey's
No votes
Sherry
No votes
Brandy
No votes
Tequila
No votes
Margarita
No votes
Jagar
No votes
White Russian
No votes
Absinth
No votes
Cocktails
No votes
Champagne
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes: 18

gessa

Re: Favourite Alcoholic Drink - Poll

Post by gessa »

We went to a meal in a restaurant in Germany as guests of some friends and to start they served a disgusting Rye bread, to be spread with lard and served with a honey mead, which was passed around the table to be shared in a horn, I just couldn't do it. They were ok about it as they refused to eat black pudding when they were here.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Guinness, however, I am also a fan of Peroni and Corona.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Rab Rant wrote asking for worst combinations.
John in Louisiana wrote

Coors Light
:roflmao: Priceless
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

gessa wrote:Have you been to the Bull and Bladder real name is The Vine, THE Bathams pub on the Delph in Brierley Hill Gurj, a real blast from the past, the old lady that runs it must be in her late 80's, pulling a pint with a fag in the corner of her mouth, when someone mentioned health and safety hygiene, she said f**k um and f**k you, if ya dow like it, yo know where the door is, proper Black Country boozer. If not the Delph run is a good day out , 7 real ale pubs all on the Delph Rd, as good a pub crawl there is.
Hahaha, proper Black Country pub for sure Gessa. :roflmao: Your right, she doesnt take any nonsense the landlady.

Been to the Bull and Bladder many times over the years mate, your spot on, doesnt get any better than that pint of Bathams for sure. Yeah back when I was a few years younger, we used to do the Delph run. Many a drunken night on that row of pubs mate believe me :tup:

We always make sure to go over to the Bladder between Xmas Day and New Years day, one afternoon, usually about 10 of us, 7 or 8 pints of Bathams with some great black country homemade style food. Faggots and Peas the usual fav for most :-D

Great pub.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:Hahaha, proper Black Country pub for sure Gessa. :roflmao: Your right, she doesnt take any nonsense the landlady.

Been to the Bull and Bladder many times over the years mate, your spot on, doesnt get any better than that pint of Bathams for sure. Yeah back when I was a few years younger, we used to do the Delph run. Many a drunken night on that row of pubs mate believe me :tup:

We always make sure to go over to the Bladder between Xmas Day and New Years day, one afternoon, usually about 10 of us, 7 or 8 pints of Bathams with some great black country homemade style food. Faggots and Peas the usual fav for most :-D

Great pub.

Let me know if you go this year, it's the brother in laws local, I'm sure I can twist his arm to go for a couple one afternoon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Bourbon, particularly Maker's Mark and, when flush, Wild Turkey. But general drinking, it's Jim Beam with a splash of ginger ale. Don't drink much beer, but do occasionally try out some different brews when the supermarkets are doing their '3 for a fiver' deals.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Bourbon, particularly Maker's Mark and, when flush, Wild Turkey. But general drinking, it's Jim Beam with a splash of ginger ale. Don't drink much beer, but do occasionally try out some different brews when the supermarkets are doing their '3 for a fiver' deals.
Went to a festival earlier in the year, they were doing Tin Cup Whiskey, very nice too, not sure I've tried a genuine Bourbon, what's the difference between a Bourbon and Tin Cup, Gentleman Jack etc.....?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Tin Cup is a lovely drop, Ges

this should clarify things:

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/d ... y-20140905
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
alfie
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by alfie »

Hot Whiskey is amazing! Think it's an Irish thing, can't get it in Norway
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

gessa wrote:Let me know if you go this year, it's the brother in laws local, I'm sure I can twist his arm to go for a couple one afternoon.
Nice one. Will definitely do that Gessa. This year I think we will be in there either 27th or 28th Dec. Will confirm when I know for definite Gessa :tup:
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Tin Cup is a lovely drop, Ges

this should clarify things:

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/d ... y-20140905
Cheers Nick
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:Nice one. Will definitely do that Gessa. This year I think we will be in there either 27th or 28th Dec. Will confirm when I know for definite Gessa :tup:

Bostin ar kid :wink:
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Favourite alcoholic drink, hmmmm, i guess for me it depends on the setting in which im drinking. Watching footy = Beer (pilsner) eating a steak = redwine or beer. Party = start of with beer, move over to stronger stuff as the night progresses vodka/battery, jägerbomb that type of stuff. White wine if i feel like getting drunk fast and not have the hangover a red wine gives. So yah pretty much everything goes down besides whiskey, that stuff comes back up faster than it went down.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Tricky one this. I love fizz and we usually enjoy a bottle of Cava on a Sunday evening before dinner. A nice white wine with dinner at the weekend, and if the sun is shining then a lovely pint of Adnams down at our local beside the river. A good malt as a nightcap, Laphroaig or the lovely 12 year old Aberlour. So can't give a favourite as each works for different reasons. Just a thought, have any of you beer lovers been to The New Inn at Cropton near Pickering? They have their own brewery and have some superb beers, especially The Yorkshire Moors pint.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Forgot to mention Baileys, a favourite when taking a bath. Half pint glass filled with ice then filled with Baileys. Yum!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Tricky one this. I love fizz and we usually enjoy a bottle of Cava on a Sunday evening before dinner. A nice white wine with dinner at the weekend, and if the sun is shining then a lovely pint of Adnams down at our local beside the river. A good malt as a nightcap, Laphroaig or the lovely 12 year old Aberlour. So can't give a favourite as each works for different reasons. Just a thought, have any of you beer lovers been to The New Inn at Cropton near Pickering? They have their own brewery and have some superb beers, especially The Yorkshire Moors pint.
I have Swan :tup: only about 20 miles from us, had a lovely pint there

Don't forget to vote in the Ladies poll :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Forgot to mention Baileys, a favourite when taking a bath. Half pint glass filled with ice then filled with Baileys. Yum!
Half pint of Baileys :shock: have to say i can drink it until it comes out of my ears :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:I have Swan :tup: only about 20 miles from us, had a lovely pint there

Don't forget to vote in the Ladies poll :-D
Lots of happy memories from The New Inn 64. Me, the other half and basset hound went up there for our hols for eight consecutive years. We stayed in a cottage in the grounds of the brewery for ten days, using it as a Base to travel and walk the Yorkshire moors. Then upon returning to the cottage late afternoon, a quick pint and then back to the pub for our evening meal. Superb food! Great people. Our old basset became too old to travel and walk long distance so we haven't been since 2011. Thinking of going up there next year with our young two year old Basset :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Lots of happy memories from The New Inn 64. Me, the other half and basset hound went up there for our hols for eight consecutive years. We stayed in a cottage in the grounds of the brewery for ten days, using it as a Base to travel and walk the Yorkshire moors. Then upon returning to the cottage late afternoon, a quick pint and then back to the pub for our evening meal. Superb food! Great people. Our old basset became too old to travel and walk long distance so we haven't been since 2011. Thinking of going up there next year with our young two year old Basset :-D
I love Bassets :)