Murphy rejoins Burton

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Murphy rejoins Burton

Post by 1964white »

gessa

Re: Murphy rejoins Burton

Post by gessa »

Good luck Luke....always thought he was going to be a big player for us but not to be. Better than some give him credit for imo/
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

He may have found his niche, or purpose, Guys. I think the fact he goes back says a lot. Plus, thinking back to a comment from the club, he helped them stay up last season. There, he's a relatively big fish in a small pool perhaps.

I wish the lad all the best. He did have a decent season or more with us about the time MC took us over didn't he? I seem to remember Thompson helped him a lot in his brief tenure as assistant to Redders. I seem to remember Leon waxing a bit lyrical about him a couple of times, but when Thompson was given the old heave-ho, Luke was left a bit disillusioned and adrift. MC wasn't all good, just good overall.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Norm said :tup:

I personally think there's a very good player in there, at least at championship level. But he strikes me as one of those players who needs to feel wanted, an arm-around-the-shoulders type, rather than a kick-up-the-arse. Clough is putting a half decent side together there, with Liam Boyce having moved from down from Ross County. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish mid-table this season
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:What Norm said :tup:

I personally think there's a very good player in there, at least at championship level. But he strikes me as one of those players who needs to feel wanted, an arm-around-the-shoulders type, rather than a kick-up-the-arse. Clough is putting a half decent side together there, with Liam Boyce having moved from down from Ross County. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish mid-table this season
Burton will certainly be safe next season under Clough's tenure

Tbh I didn't rate them even though they beat us down at their place & we were fortunate to win at ER. We made them look good because we were so poor !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:Burton will certainly be safe next season under Clough's tenure

Tbh I didn't rate them even though they beat us down at their place & we were fortunate to win at ER. We made them look good because we were so poor !
Last season was a learning curve for them, Leon, they'll be better for it. Clough knows the league, and I think they may embarrass a few of the bigger fish (hopefully not including us!).
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson