Forum Updates

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Forum Updates

Post by HarryofOz »

I'm afraid that I hexed myself. Was logged out when I got home from work yesterday, and again this morning.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Adam, I ran an experiment today. I was logged out. I logged in without ticking the 'remember me' box. I then tried three things:

Going to another site, and returning

Closing my browser, and returning

Turning off my computer, and returning.

On each occasion I had not been logged out. So it seems, that ticking/not ticking the 'remember me' box, makes no difference.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Still seeing the same Harry, there is a new version of the template which I'll be looking into.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

I've installed a security certificate on the site today and made the site 'secure', it is now https://motforum.com

Let me know if you spot any issues.
hector

Post by hector »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:17 pm I've installed a security certificate on the site today and made the site 'secure', it is now https://motforum.com

What fun and games I have had trying to sign in this morning... cancel my email Adam, I am in now........
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

I was logged out this morning. Took 7 attempts to get logged in.
hector

Post by hector »

It is now logging me out every session....
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I never have to log back in on my computer but I do on my phone every time.
The remember me feature always used to work on my phone but doesn't now and hasn't for some time
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Could be cookie issues, possible clear any cookies on your machine prefixed motlufc_ or clear your temp internet files. That should should solve login issues.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Couldn't get on last night at all on my laptop or galaxy, can only get on today on my broken iPad. Am trying to clear cookies but that's taking an age
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ok managed to clear cookies on the galaxy, which got me the allow cookies TAB on MOT, once accepted it seems to be working
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:17 pm I've installed a security certificate on the site today and made the site 'secure', it is now https://motforum.com

Thanks Adam. Great that it's now secure.

Could not log in from the forums page, but I assume that it's because I had it bookmarked to the old site address. Once I clicked on the Home link, I was able to log in and have save the new url as a bookmark. Using the Home page rather than the Forums page at the moment.

Ironically, I wanted to log out and try log back in to see what happens, but it won't let me log out now :). I don't the logout link is active (no underlining when you move the cursor over it and the cursor does not change from an arrow into a hand).
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:51 am Ironically, I wanted to log out and try log back in to see what happens, but it won't let me log out now :). I don't the logout link is active (no underlining when you move the cursor over it and the cursor does not change from an arrow into a hand).

Hmm, working for me. Odd. Will take a look.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Getting logged out all of the time when opening the site after clearing cookies,I'll try Harrys suggeston of bookmarking a new URL
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am Hmm, working for me. Odd. Will take a look.
It's working for me now, thanks. Much appreciated, love having a secure site.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Works if you clear cookies (I had to clear all my cookies which will mean me trying to remember which passwords I use on which sites especially on pro-boards which is always a nightmare. Then delete bookmark and set a new one for the Leeds Chat page
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd imagine we may have some not sure how to delete cookies...
hector

Post by hector »

control and F5 together does it for each site...
gessa

Post by gessa »

Couldn't log in this morning, so after several attempts read this topic, used the link Adam posted on this page, on first time.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cant log in on laptop.

Windows 10, Opera browser.

I have cleared cache but no cigar.

What's up?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa