Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI, Roberts returns to the bench

Post by SG90 »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 pm I joked a while back that it would be sweet to clinch promotion away at Derby and rub it in their noses. I admit I didn't actually consider how close the race would have to be for that to happen. Now it might well be a possibility given how mental this league has been so far.

Would all that anxiety be worth it just to get one over on Derby?
I'd prefer we won the title the game before and they had to give us a guard of honour instead. 8-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI, Roberts returns to the bench

Post by 1964white »

Following our excellent display at Brentford we put in another stunning performance today.

Positives

Three points.
Brilliant attacking performance.
Every player played well.
Ayling's goal & his all round play, best RB in the championship.
Kalvin Phillips a masterclass once again.
Harrison's energy & skills.
Dallas back in the position where he belongs, another top show from Stuart.
Klich's assist for the goal.
Costa much better today.
Bamford's workrate.
Augustin, more minutes for the big man.
First clean sheet since 10th December v Hull.
We are clear 2nd & reduced the baggies lead in the table.
We didn't concede one corner.
Wells missed opportunity in the last quarter.

Negatives

Their keeper & the woodwork.
We should have scored at least six.

Ratings

6 Casilla
9 Ayling
8 White
8 Cooper
9 Dallas
9.5 Phillips
8 Costa
8 Klich
7 Hernandez
9 Harrison
8 Bamford
Subs
6 Augustin
n/a Shackleton
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:46 pm Fulham keeper at fault for all 3 of their goals conceded today.
A horror show!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:55 pm i wouldn't say we were brilliant but apart from that i 100% agree with you.
Terrific performance imo!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm That's why the Forest game felt really odd. We were soundly beaten, no flukey goals or ref shenanigans. I realised that it was the first loss for a long while where we didn't have any excuses. That says a lot in itself.
We missed Kalvin terribly.

As a consequence players playing out of their natural positions
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

mothbanquet wrote: I joked a while back that it would be sweet to clinch promotion away at Derby and rub it in their noses. I admit I didn't actually consider how close the race would have to be for that to happen. Now it might well be a possibility given how mental this league has been so far.

Would all that anxiety be worth it just to get one over on Derby?
In a word ? YES !!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SaraM wrote: As long as we actually did it. The reverse possibility, of them beating us to deny us promotion again, is unthinkable.

The thing they dread most is us and Forest going up, so I'd take that any which way. An equally satisfying situation would be if we were safely up by that point, but they needed to beat us to avoid relegation after a points deduction.

92nd minute og by Chris Martin to send them down.
Rooney in league 1...Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Great performance and result. Augustin needs to get a start hopefully another week of training and he’ll have proved himself worthy of a start
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:08 pm Great performance and result. Augustin needs to get a start hopefully another week of training and he’ll have proved himself worthy of a start

Saw your earlier post dezzy, congratulations on your new arrival. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:17 pm Saw your earlier post dezzy, congratulations on your new arrival. :tup:
I didn't see that!

Congratulations dezzy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great highlights from young Jack

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can both be extremely frustrating but fair play to them, played key roles today.

Great work rate on both sides helping Ayling and Dallas.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:05 pm Think some Honey Jack Daniels will go down a treat
It did Mick 😋
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm We missed Kalvin terribly.

As a consequence players playing out of their natural positions
I agree. And I really cannot defend a team in our position having to, or choosing to, play people out of position. The Forest performance proves it doesn’t work.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Denman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 pm I agree. And I really cannot defend a team in our position having to, or choosing to, play people out of position. The Forest performance proves it doesn’t work.
Speaking of which, it was good seeing Dallas back where he belonged. He played an outstanding game today.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Denman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 pm I agree. And I really cannot defend a team in our position having to, or choosing to, play people out of position. The Forest performance proves it doesn’t work.
Bielsa & some of our fans believe it's ok, never advocated players playing out of their natural position.

Drives me nuts!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:03 am Speaking of which, it was good seeing Dallas back where he belonged. He played an outstanding game today.
Did say a few weeks ago Dallas needed to go revert to the back four, a much better defender than Douglas & the blonde bombshell who caused absolute mayhem!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:17 pm Saw your earlier post dezzy, congratulations on your new arrival. :tup:
Cheers Ges
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 pm I didn't see that!

Congratulations dezzy :tup:
Cheers 64
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:09 amCheers 64
Great news dezzy, you must be chuffed to bits :-D