Promotion Poll.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Are we going up?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 pm

Autos
93%
Playoffs and we promote
4%
Playoffs but we crash and burn
4%
Not even playoffs
No votes

Total votes: 28

rab_rant

Re: Promotion Poll.

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote:Really? I'm happy to have them read mine..
Bamford would be sorely disappointed cos you refuse to talk about him these days ImageImage

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:33 am If Bamford & others start taking their chances promotion will be a forgone conclusion :-D
Defo 64, and if they'd done this all season we would be in a LFC position now = out of sight.

Very poor approach to the season to go with Bamford as your main striker and then have an option in Eddie and just not use him.

Bamford has caused the most damge to our promotion hopes this season.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong on the run in :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 am

Wake up Riot, you appear to be typing in your sleep.. :) :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 am Wake up Riot, you appear to be typing in your sleep.. :) :)
You can only dream mate - somebody needs to start scoring for us.
hector

Post by hector »

Aye you're right, but Barn Door Bambi couldn't score in a brothel...............
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:Aye you're right, but Barn Door Bambi couldn't score in a brothel...............
hohoho that old chestnut has been roasted so many times it has become tedious.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:36 am hohoho that old chestnut has been roasted so many times it has become tedious.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
only to old farts..... us youngsters are only just hearing it for the 1st time :P
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

White Riot wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 am Defo 64, and if they'd done this all season we would be in a LFC position now = out of sight.

Very poor approach to the season to go with Bamford as your main striker and then have an option in Eddie and just not use him.

Bamford has caused the most damge to our promotion hopes this season.

...but without bamford we would have conceded more, dominated less and created less chances to miss.

bamford is a very important player in the team
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:50 am ...but without bamford we would have conceded more, dominated less and created less chances to miss.

Take your point Peter, that he's made a contribution to the team's success, but his actual finishing is absolutely woeful. Because we've no alternative and others are also missing chances every week is a nail-biter when we should be strolling through matches.

Like Kiko, because of the position he's in, any of his errors are magnified. Bamford makes way more erros than Kiko because he's given more chances to make those errors - he's shown week in and week out that he's not a goal scorer and still is guaranteed a start unless he gets injured.

Kiko has been weel protected by the team's collective defending, during that bad run he was still facing very few shots but conceding virtually every time a shot was on target. At the other end, we either can't get a shot on target or when we do the opposition goalie makes a string of great saves.

I'll support Bamford as he's playing for us, but don't rate him at all - strange thing is he scored a ton of goals for Boro a few years ago, and you would think he would have a lot less chances provided for them.

Just think he has no belief that he will score, his body language is shocking - but JKA's a pie-eater so what can we do about it?
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

Defo going up as Champs...MOT!!!!
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

Definitely going up.

I'm sure I lip-read Bamford making a racist remark about some Argentinian as he walked off. Think he should get a 8 match ban too :shock: :roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:50 am ...but without bamford we would have conceded more, dominated less and created less chances to miss.

I don't think there's anyway you could make a case for that. The we concede more when he's off the pitch is a very misleading stat that I don't believe holds water for a second. Secondly there's absolutely no reason we wouldn't continue to create those chances...

Frog leg theory again I'm afraid
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"