Crawley Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns as Bielsa makes seven changes

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crawley Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns as Bielsa makes seven changes

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:51 pm Absolutely. I think Bielsa would definitely have witnessed an adverse reaction from them had they been present.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
I'd have left it to my travelling mates :lol:
1964white

Re: Crawley Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns as Bielsa makes seven changes

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 pm In s**t :poo:
:rol: :rol: :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:38 pm Spurs reserve striker grabs a hattrick in 37 minutes

Are you watching Rodrigo?
At 3-0 the commentator said "Spurs are really up for this now". Our lot weren't. I said early on in our game that our lads looked disinterested.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:30 pm All true mate, my blood is still boiling.
We'll need to keep hold of Struijk, before loaning, as we've no CBs available.
The one good thing is that this performance has demonstrated this squad is nowhere near good enough for anything but mid-table to survival Prem (especially if injuries/suspensions kick in).
So the overhaul needs to begin now and continue in the summer, as we progress we'll have a squad that's good enough to compete at the top level = time and money and no sentimentality.
Stevie Wonder would be shocked by that performance, even with the sound turned off on his telly 8-)
thats it mate.

But is MB able to do that? Seems a bit sentimental.

Harrison, Cooper etc, would he ever drop them?

Those 2 would be two player we can definitely hope to improve on.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:03 pm With pleasure 64.
:tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

We have been accused of winning the championship because of covid... but honestly, the fact we have no fans in the stand has helped this year... developing this team has been hard enough...Hard for the fans to take I know...
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

That really was shocking. Fair play to Crawley they put in a great performance. Kikos last game for us hopefully, a lot of poor performances but that guy didn’t even try to put his hand up for Meslier’s starting spot
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:38 pm I agree. Ali would be if Koch and Llorente weren't injured. But if Struijk was on loan who'd have played CB with Koch, Llorente and Cooper out?
True but can never have a squad to cover every scenario.

But we seem to try to get by on the absolute bare minimum.

We lack quality even in the 1st 11 so its no wonder our 2nd string struggles.

MB has to take a lot of the blame, Struijk a cb was playing in dm while KP a dm was at cb, wtf is that logic?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 pm Hector, BG and WR came very close to getting the score prediction spot on
They know what we are all about.....gutless wonders :(
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: I'd have been happier for us to put in a performance and win the match :x
So would I WR but we all know what's coming with this club. Maybe next year we'll be in a position to play better quality players in the cup but it still requires the know-how and skills to overcome any team and even if we'd played Marine today I doubt there'd be a different outcome.

LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Marcelo Bielsa has spoken to the media, following defeat to Crawley Town.

Three second half goals from the hosts gave them a comfortable win and passage into round four of the competition. 

The Leeds United head coach gave his views, after the match. 

“We couldn’t unbalance them when we attacked,” Bielsa explained.

“We had the ball for a long period of time but we couldn’t do much with it. 

“In the first half we played better than the opponent and the game was played how we wanted it to be played, even if we didn’t create much danger. 

“In the second half the game was played how the opponents wanted to play. They did create danger to deserve the goals that they scored. 

The result generates a lot of sadness and disappointment for us."

I think a little understated , end of!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:19 pm Let's just hope Marine turn over Spurs, take some of the attention away
No chance of that happening now mate, never was as Spurs go about their business professionally
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm thats it mate.

But is MB able to do that? Seems a bit sentimental.

Harrison, Cooper etc, would he ever drop them?

Those 2 would be two player we can definitely hope to improve on.
If the club think Ayling, Dallas, Cooper, Harrison, Bamford, Alioski are for the long term, then they are deluded imo!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ron Swanson wrote:The team he picked was fine.

Indeed the first half wasn’t horrendous.

Lads just didn’t step up, where was the desperate urge to be in the team for the Brighton game?
Maybe you've hit it on the head....those fringe players know that under Bielsa they won't get a chance anyway.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

LUFC_BOS wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:54 pm Marcelo Bielsa has spoken to the media, following defeat to Crawley Town.

Three second half goals from the hosts gave them a comfortable win and passage into round four of the competition. 

The Leeds United head coach gave his views, after the match. 

“We couldn’t unbalance them when we attacked,” Bielsa explained.

“We had the ball for a long period of time but we couldn’t do much with it. 

“In the first half we played better than the opponent and the game was played how we wanted it to be played, even if we didn’t create much danger. 

“In the second half the game was played how the opponents wanted to play. They did create danger to deserve the goals that they scored. 

The result generates a lot of sadness and disappointment for us."

I think a little understated , end of!
Yes, because of the three subs you made that unbalanced everything!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:25 pm You dont mean MB move on?
No Ian
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Can someone please tell me how we can transform a makeshift championship team into a top 6 prem club overnight?...

We spent almost 100 miliion on 4 great players and never yet managed to be able to field all 4 let alone pick all 4 on any matchday... yet here we are 23pts ...12 pts above the relegation zone...and doing the best of any promoted club to the prem ever at this stage of the season!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:36 pm I'm confident enough to say we'll never win a trophy in my lifetime. Closest was Coca Cola Cup final in 96. :lol:
I sincerely hope that is not the case for your sake SG.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:02 pm Can someone please tell me how we can transform a makeshift championship team into a top 6 prem club overnight?...

We spent almost 100 miliion on 4 great players and never yet managed to be able to field all 4 let alone pick all 4 on any matchday... yet here we are 23pts ...12 pts above the relegation zone...and doing the best of any promoted club to the prem ever at this stage of the season!
We can't mate and it is all work in progress but I think any signings now have to be to make the first 11 better, which in turn makes the squad stronger. It has to be quality although nothing can be guaranteed with any signing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

System failure for me, players ambling about aimlessly because they didn't seem to know where they, or each other, were playing, all pace and purpose lacking.

Put it down as an experiment too far. Not going to jump to any conclusions about individual performances, with the exception of Casilla, who I would have expected to save at least two of the goals.

In the end it didn't really matter, because we created nothing up top. I think Marcelo will be embarrassed, because he'll realise he got it wrong. Credit to Crawley for seizing their opportunity.