Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:08 pm I didnt think the players could adapt tbf.

They did today and that was impressive and does make.the claim that Bielsa was right not to change quite hard to backup.

Still find it odd some of our fans claim he wasn't stubborn, he is famously stubborn.
Of course they could. There's international players here. The two that struggled the most were Dallas and Klich, so perhaps it'll just be the Championship ones who do.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:42 pm Bamford clearly wasn't fit.
THEN WTF IS HE ON THE BENCH FOR !!!!???? :rant:

I said i'll give my honest opinion, it's on it's way soon.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:13 pm THEN WTF IS HE ON THE BENCH FOR !!!!???? :rant:

I said i'll give my honest opinion, it's on it's way soon.
Maybe he was close?

I think we know your opinion already. Bert would've won 50-0.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:02 pm Was this proof that we were wrong and the reason Bielsa didn't change tactics is not because the players couldn't but because he was stubborn?

Despite the defeat it was our best performance for ages.

First time we have had an xG against of less than 1 since Norwich end of October
Leicester play counter attack when Vardy plays and regularly when he doesn’t, so we were never going to be pressed and concede many chances.

Defensively we didn’t look any worse or any better because of the counter.

The only thing that did us was Leicester’s only real moment of quality.

Very much like the Newcastle loss a few weeks ago.
Last edited by Finnatic on Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:14 pm Maybe he was close?

I think we know your opinion already. Bert would've won 50-0.
You'll be surprised.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The huddle was a bit cringe
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Some decent performances some not so good. Above all we lack the quality in too many positions to do much damage to opponents regardless of amount of possession, shots on target, number of corners, all meaningless stats. Our midfield players think far too slow meaning they're dispossessed too often, the same can be said of others around the pitch. The passing is often very innacurate or lacks the quality touch . Most noticeable today was the number of times we were second to the ball...again the speed of thought is too slow. I think most of us knew what was coming every time Barnes had the ball....he has that quality to unlock defenders and knows where the net is. We have Rapha who just doesn't seem to be on it atm and should've scored. Why wasn't Cresswell played at CB and Ayling in his preferred RB slot ? Hopefully JM can work some magic with our forwards otherwise we are down regardless of how everyone else does.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:17 pm Some decent performances some not so good. Above all we lack the quality in too many positions to do much damage to opponents regardless of amount of possession, shots on target, number of corners, all meaningless stats. Our midfield players think far too slow meaning they're dispossessed too often, the same can be said of others around the pitch. The passing is often very innacurate or lacks the quality touch . Most noticeable today was the number of times we were second to the ball...again the speed of thought is too slow. I think most of us knew what was coming every time Barnes had the ball....he has that quality to unlock defenders and knows where the net is. We have Rapha who just doesn't seem to be on it atm and should've scored. Why wasn't Cresswell played at CB and Ayling in his preferred RB slot ? Hopefully JM can work some magic with our forwards otherwise we are down regardless of how everyone else does.

:tup:

No midfielders in the world who were better than what we have though!
Unbelievable Jeff
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Unbelievable Jeff »

Villa currently all over Southampton. Who have we got next?
Ha ha charade you are....
Unbelievable Jeff
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Unbelievable Jeff »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:17 pm The huddle was a bit cringe
Yep. Cheerleaders at half time next....
Ha ha charade you are....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:17 pm Some decent performances some not so good. Above all we lack the quality in too many positions to do much damage to opponents regardless of amount of possession, shots on target, number of corners, all meaningless stats. Our midfield players think far too slow meaning they're dispossessed too often, the same can be said of others around the pitch. The passing is often very innacurate or lacks the quality touch . Most noticeable today was the number of times we were second to the ball...again the speed of thought is too slow. I think most of us knew what was coming every time Barnes had the ball....he has that quality to unlock defenders and knows where the net is. We have Rapha who just doesn't seem to be on it atm and should've scored. Why wasn't Cresswell played at CB and Ayling in his preferred RB slot ? Hopefully JM can work some magic with our forwards otherwise we are down regardless of how everyone else does.

:clap:

Effort and running gets you so far at the top level.

You need quality

We have the wrong balance.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote: :clap:

You need quality

Exactly. Determination, hard work, team spirit...they may have all of these qualities but ironically they severely lack....QUALITY. Not signing a midfielder in 4 years shows a total lack of understanding and very short-sighted ...at any level ! I really hope JM can see this because keep them up or not it is blindingly obvious the lack of midfield creation . The defence today was more solid so encouraging there but goals win games and we are nearly at the stage where draws just won't be enough and relying on others to lose is the only way we'll escape.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I wasn't bothered at all when the team was announced, surprised yes, but more interested to see formation and which square peg was gonna be in which round hole.

I was impressed from the off and feel confident we'll stay up (very dependent on others not improving in a dogfight like they usually do)

He hasn't changed style much ( thank God, it's the only way we'll stay up) and we looked a lot more organised allover the park ( but Leicester aren't Cess etc and aren't at full strength themselves)

We've been v UNLUCKY again today, which is worrying me to buggery, and we should've won with that performance.

He might be the man for the job with this group of mish mash players, and a much better appointment for us than someone like say Carlo Ancelotti etc, and i feared with only 12 games to go if he tried to implement something radical we'd be totally fcked, but he didn't.

Kasper was the motm.

All our players were totally up for it and no one really disappointed, Firpo pleasantly surprised me. I don't think that performance would've beat any of the last 4 we've just played but hopefully be adequate enough to keep us up against the weaker lot ( them games will give us more of an idea of what John Wayne is all about)

Obvious gripe - if PB was fit why introduce TR with 15 to go, but apparently he scored a worldie in training ( In the match ya c@nt!!!)

First game for the big Jesse 8.5/10.....let's hope results go our way, because like Bert without our main 3 spine of the team, he's got his work cut out, if they come back in time, they'll save him and us, like they would've Bert.

Keep ya fingers crossed guys and go find a rabbits foot or whatever it is.

;@)
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Looks like Roberts has naked pictures of the new manager as well as Bielsa :) :) :) :)
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm :clap:

You need quality

YES !!! Exactly !...where've you been all my life !!

Bert got all the effort and running out of shite the best anyone could!!!

Bert didn't have much quality....YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD !!!

We've had the wrong balance all fcking season !!!......Because ????...... A MILLION FCKING REASONS !!!

Jeez !!....now you finally see the light !!!

I'm fcking gobsmacked and going for a lie down.

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:16 pm YES !!! Exactly !...where've you been all my life !!

Bert got all the effort and running out of shite the best anyone could!!!

Bert didn't have much quality....YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD !!!

We've had the wrong balance all fcking season !!!......Because ????...... A MILLION FCKING REASONS !!!

Jeez !!....now you finally see the light !!!

I'm fcking gobsmacked and going for a lie down.

"Bert" helped build the squad . . . . .

He likes runners and athletes.

So he is as guilty as anyone for the squad.

Size of it and players in it are what he wanted.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Spot on BG as per ^ ....Villa ain't gonna be easy game, will be harder than this, i'm ok with todays, but still worried quite a lot.

;@)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:17 pm The huddle was a bit cringe
I thought so too. Hope it's a one off.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:20 pm "Bert" helped build the squad . . . . .

Exactly. How can Bielsa be praised for the squad is beyond me.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:20 pm "Bert" helped build the squad . . . . .

Something deep inside me says Bert wouldn't have been responsible for signing a 30yo for a club record fee, The monkey with a pin yes.

I'll give you Dan James, and that's ya lot. The rest are the Monkeys.

;@)