Brighton 1-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread / Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Marsch names unchanged starting XI

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm No way should Rodrigo be captain, he's just not a team player, he's been on a lucky streak it won't last.

Joffy should've come on for him after 65/70 mins even earlier, that could've been an embarrassing scoreline.

I said don't change that team last week, i'd make at least 3 for EFC.

We don't seem to possess much of an attacking threat and keeping a hold of the ball looked alien today,

You'll have a job picking 6 MOM's from that shower of shite.
I never like the idea of a striker as captain. They play isolated from the rest of the team. It needs to be someone at the back or more central who can rally everyone and organize the shape.

Rodrigo seems streaky. He has cold periods which makes him much less inspirational.

I was crying for Joffy much earlier. Either instead of Rodrigo or as a 10. He's just a livewire and can make things happen when things aren't happening. He picks up the ball deep and drives at defenders. Rodrigo has shown he's a good goal scorer, but he just drifts out of games too much. He doesn't have that same drive and spark as Joffy.

Not advocating Joffy as a better 9. But when things aren't going well, that change has to happen sooner
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm No way should Rodrigo be captain, he's just not a team player, he's been on a lucky streak it won't last.

Joffy should've come on for him after 65/70 mins even earlier, that could've been an embarrassing scoreline.

I said don't change that team last week, i'd make at least 3 for EFC.

We don't seem to possess much of an attacking threat and keeping a hold of the ball looked alien today,

You'll have a job picking 6 MOM's from that shower of shite.
He did his best for the team today by being so bad that it reminds the board that they cant just use him as an excuse for not signing a striker . .

Excellent team play :)

Shouldn't be Captiain though as you say.

Always prefer a cm myself.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Brighton pushed up first half and we didn't have the tools to deal with it. It went back to front too often and usually with Lorente finding the linesman. In truth they could have been out of sight first half. Like someone else as said they are no mugs with some good players. They seem to recruit well i thought that new LB of theirs played well and cost alot less money then they let that currela de ville geezer they let go.

Beat Everton on Tuesday and all well in the garden again.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:48 pm Brighton pushed up first half and we didn't have the tools to deal with it. It went back to front too often and usually with Lorente finding the linesman. In truth they could have been out of sight first half. Like someone else as said they are no mugs with some good players. They seem to recruit well i thought that new LB of theirs played well and cost alot less money then they let that currela de ville geezer they let go.

Beat Everton on Tuesday and all well in the garden again.
Good business at left back for sure. Potter coaches well too and makes good players. Nice to see when we have the top 6 just fixing things by buying. Potter does a great job with limited resources
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:43 pm Hopefully we've saved our best for Tuesday
If you'd offered me a loss today and a win against Everton, I'd take it
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:56 pm If you'd offered me a loss today and a win against Everton, I'd take it
Me too Andrew. Brighton are a good team with a very astute, clever and well settled manager in Potter. I didnt expect too much from today's game.....
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Down in Hunstanton so missed the match but sounds like a classic case of Leeds lack of consistency, for a couple seasons now we blow so hot and then cold for a couple games, Brighton very consistent. I really hope we smash Everton but might be too much to expect.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:26 pm Spider boy keeping us in this
How many times do we say that over a season?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:33 pm Brighton giving us a footballing lesson ffs
Even though they sell all their best players.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:39 pm Rodrigo tripped over his own boot laces, Then lies on the floor complaining about it
Mind-boggling :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:44 pm The ref is going for MOTM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:45 pm Rodrigo having a poor day today too
Rodrigo was worse than my stream :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:17 pm It's all part of a bad performance. Bad performance all around. But sometimes you want that player that's just going to lift you. Gelhardt, Klich, and Sinisterra all lifted things from the bench. Rodrigo has made a good start to the season. But couldn't kick a ball straight today. Worst moment was when he was wide on the right. Had time to tee it up. And passed it straight to a Brighton player with no Leeds player in sight.
Was he p*ssed :wine: :cocktail:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:22 pm Agreed. We'll never know if Archie is good enough of not if we don't give him a chance. Games like today would have been perfect.
Far too young & inexperienced to throw in Archie against a physical Brighton team, especially away from home too
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:43 pm Hopefully we've saved our best for Tuesday
Smash Everton next week & we'll all be happy again :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:47 pm He did his best for the team today by being so bad that it reminds the board that they cant just use him as an excuse for not signing a striker
No chance of us signing a striker unless he is 15 years old or under.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:39 pm How many times do we say that over a season?
We'd be in a right mess without him
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:10 pm Me too Andrew. Brighton are a good team with a very astute, clever and well settled manager in Potter. I didnt expect too much from today's game.....
I commented somewhere else that Brighton have done that to better teams than us. It was an away game too, so the result wasn't too hard to handle.
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

We were poor today, very disappointing after last week's performance. I suppose it is a positive this season that I am expecting more. I felt that with more composure we could have easily got something from this game.
Rodrigo, certainly tried hard but nothing went for him, lost count of the amount of passes that went astray. Same for Llorente who went back to dwelling on the ball and giving the ball away far too often. Aaronson and Harrison both less effective too.
I thought Koch was our best defender today and Pascal again did a fair job at LB. Roca and Adams protected the defence well and worked hard. I thought the first half was very poor but we improved in the second, and just when we were looking like scoring, Brighton went ahead. Sinisterra was unlucky on the far post and with a better final ball we could have created a couple more chances.
I think this still highlights our need for a focal point up front who can hold the ball up, make spaces and score goals. Just not sure Huang is the solution.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Sounds like they had us on toast.
Not unexpected but we won't be that poor every week.
Move on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa