Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

becchio bear wrote:
I heard he lives in Pudsey :duno: :bear:
Pusey here I come....lol :-):-):-)
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Drs.Dad »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Totally embarrassed mate, like I say, if I see this dick at any Leeds games its a fat lip from me....
But hopefully LUFC will ban him for life.

Trouble being that the scumbag is already banned, not only from Leeds games home and away, but from using public transport to get anywhere near a home or away Leeds game...... but he still got in! I understand he has already been done three times for breaking this order! He got a ticket somehow, and that has to be investigated and any loophole closed. If someone passed on a season ticket holders or away members ticket, then there is someone else who gets banned too! They know who he is, now they just have to pick him up and jail him for as long as it takes! My view of the game isn't really important, I'm so pro-Leeds that I have difficulty gobbing off at Leeds players, but the outstanding points to me are: with their speed they were all over us first half, we desperately need some of that! Their goal, offside and should not have stood. How the hell did Llera stay on the pitch, without even a yellow when twice he committed red card offences (and was seen laughing about it after the second one). Tonge's goal was great, pity it will be remembered for different reasons in the future. Jones interview afterwards was all 'Me, Me, Me' and almost nothing about the game and the trouble, he needs to clean his own house before criticising others, but at the same time I sympathise about the chanting, but then EVERY manager, official, player gets picked on by someones fans, they have to learn to ignore it. Now he has exposed his throat, I can see he will hear a lot more from other clubs in an effort to unsettle him.
I could say much more, but too sick to say owt else (yet).
:evil:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BBC News just announced the police are still looking for the culprit who punched Kirkland

What is it about the police/stewards in Sheffield....their police box was in full operation as i walked past it as we were departing the Leppings End & there must have been sky cameras in the ground....how has the idiot got out of the ground without being arrested...there were 100's of police swarming around the Leeds end within seconds of the incident, Had a similar incident occured elsewhere there is no way that idiot would have got out of ER or any other major stadium.
I did say the stewarding/policing was poor !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:BBC News just announced the police are still looking for the culprit who punched Kirkland

What is it about the police/stewards in Sheffield....their police box was in full operation as i walked past it as we were departing the Leppings End & there must have been sky cameras in the ground....how has the idiot got out of the ground without being arrested...there were 100's of police swarming around the Leeds end within seconds of the incident, Had a similar incident occured elsewhere there is no way that idiot would have got out of ER or any other major stadium.
It's Aaron Cawley. Now get on and find him ffs. don't tar all us Leeds fans with his brush. I'm not an animal nor a moron. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

FFS, he was "outed" on twitter yesterday. Aaron Crawley from Cheltenham apparently? What more do they need. Full postal address?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote:Two Leeds fans just said the atmosphere at Hillsborough was the worst they had experienced in all their time watching football....i have to agree with them tbh !
Mostly I love travelling away with Leeds United, there are some superb atmospheres and great camaraderie. Sometimes though, some games you get a different crowd. The ‘old boys’ turn in numbers, the atmosphere feels different, more vitriolic, there is a tension in the air. When it turns nasty at football it can really turn, a situation fuelled by both sets of fans it can quickly get out of hand.

The thing is, that’s football, it’s tribal, it is vitriolic and I don’t think that will ever change. The flip side is that you get sanitised Premiership games with no atmosphere and people paying £65 for the privilege. One idiot took the headlines last night, his actions highlighted everything that went on during the game. The thing is as much as those at the FA, the Football League and Sky would like to think scenes like that happed up and down the country every week.

Possibly one of the worst atmosphere some have experienced but I’ve seen 40 year old men spit on 16 year old kids at Stamford Bridge, fans attack players at Brunton Park, Police draw asps on fans for no good reason at St Andrews and lets not even get started on Ninian Park or The Den. As much as people like to thing that that has gone from the game, it hasn’t, they just don’t want to admit it. But no doubt because of the actions of one idiot with no self control last night we will be the ones to face the repercussions.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Armleywhite wrote: nah. Was kidding but you win overall. Your far too clever for me.
Only losers last night I'm afraid. :wink:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

I am outraged that the *bleeped* 'fan' who assaulted the SW keeper is causing people to call for relegation, points deductions or even booting from the league altogether. Get real people. If C*ntona can do a flying kick at a fan AS A PLAYER AND AMBASSADOR of his club and see nothing more than a personal punishment result from it, then why the hell should Leeds get punished for the actions of one *bleeped* cretin? When he is caught I would love to see the LUFC tattoo on his neck removed with sandpaper because he sure as hell is not a fan if he brings us into such disrepute. Where does it end? Are we going to punish Schalke FC because Hitler was a fan? Bologna for the actions of Mussolini? Maybe we can hold Arsenal to task because Bin Laden was a fan?
Punish the moron, not the enormous majority of fans who just want to watch the football.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

drsdadsotherson wrote:I am outraged that the *bleeped* 'fan' who assaulted the SW keeper is causing people to call for relegation, points deductions or even booting from the league altogether. Get real people. If C*ntona can do a flying kick at a fan AS A PLAYER AND AMBASSADOR of his club and see nothing more than a personal punishment result from it, then why the hell should Leeds get punished for the actions of one *bleeped* cretin? When he is caught I would love to see the LUFC tattoo on his neck removed with sandpaper because he sure as hell is not a fan if he brings us into such disrepute. Where does it end? Are we going to punish Schalke FC because Hitler was a fan? Bologna for the actions of Mussolini? Maybe we can hold Arsenal to task because Bin Laden was a fan?
Punish the moron, not the enormous majority of fans who just want to watch the football.
The Sheffield police force have to catch the moron first :roll:

Sandpapering the tattoo off his neck would wipe the smile off the cretin's face :tup: he should have been pushed back out of the crowd by our own fans for the stewards to appprehend...hang on a minute there wasn't a steward in sight :shock: this wouldn't have happened in League One as we use to take our own stewards to man our away support...Wednesday need to get their security measures in order !
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:BBC News just announced the police are still looking for the culprit who punched Kirkland

You really would have thought, after all the negative publicity that South Yorks Police quite rightly got for their behaviour in the Hillsborough tragedy of 1989, that with this being such a high profile local derby on Sky they might have tried to up their game this time.

The idiot was on the pitch for about 10 seconds
There were very clear pictures of him shown on Sky TV
He was allowed to amble back into the crowd
He was then not arrested during the remaining 25 minutes of the game and was (apparently) allowed to leave the ground without hindrance
His name has been widely publicised
He is subject to a banning order
Even his mobile phone number has been published on twitter

and the plod are trying to trace him. I despair.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

drsdadsotherson wrote:I am outraged that the *bleeped* 'fan' who assaulted the SW keeper is causing people to call for relegation, points deductions or even booting from the league altogether. Get real people. If C*ntona can do a flying kick at a fan AS A PLAYER AND AMBASSADOR of his club and see nothing more than a personal punishment result from it, then why the hell should Leeds get punished for the actions of one *bleeped* cretin? When he is caught I would love to see the LUFC tattoo on his neck removed with sandpaper because he sure as hell is not a fan if he brings us into such disrepute. Where does it end? Are we going to punish Schalke FC because Hitler was a fan? Bologna for the actions of Mussolini? Maybe we can hold Arsenal to task because Bin Laden was a fan?
I would rather use acid to remove is LUFC tattoo, sand paper wouldn't hurt enough :-):-)
First thing Harry ( my boy)said this morning, upon awaking, was have the police got this bad man...
Football should be fun, not tarnished with animals like this dick who made us all look like thugs, when almost ever single LUFC are great wonderful people.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Guildford White wrote:
You really would have thought, after all the negative publicity that South Yorks Police quite rightly got for their behaviour in the Hillsborough tragedy of 1989, that with this being such a high profile local derby on Sky they might have tried to up their game this time.

He was then not arrested during the remaining25 minutes of the ground and was (apparently) allowed to leave the ground without hindrance

Hi GW
very good post and you make some very good points.

He's a bully and coward. And I can't believe that some fans congratulated him and helped him back to his seat. He should have been kick straight back onto the pitch.
Lets just imagine that Chris K was a fella LUFC fans son, they would have been horrified. Or if it was goal keeper, we would want this dicks head on a plate
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Someone go beat the crap out of him, yeah? :wink:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Hi GW
very good post and you make some very good points.

He's a bully and coward. And I can't believe that some fans congratulated him and helped him back to his seat. He should have been kick straight back onto the pitch.
Lets just imagine that Chris K was a fella LUFC fans son, they would have been horrified. Or if it was goal keeper, we would want this dicks head on a plate
Fortunately the one's supporting this piece of sh*t are in the vast minority.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

gessa wrote:
Fortunately the one's supporting this piece of sh*t are in the vast minority.
I know gessa ;-)
All football clubs have dicks like this, just are one was live on tv :-(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:

He was then not arrested during the remaining 25 minutes of the game and was (apparently) allowed to leave the ground without hindrance

He even fell over & no one got to him....i was absolutely flabberghasted how poor the security was at Hillsborough for a Yorkshire derby with nearly 29,000 in the ground & two sets of supporters who have history....i knew it was going to kick off again after the first incident 15 minutes before we equalised....you had to be there to sense the nasty atmosphere which was on a knife-edge waiting for something horrible to occur...APPALLING POLICING !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Had problems with computa so here is my takings on Friday night as a fan who goes everywhere.A lot of clubs will not let us take our stewards to games to check tickets.If the scumbag had got his ticket via a third party surly he will have disposed of of it.Agree with what most say a Jones he has only made a situation which will fester for a long time and get worse.Hope we dont get banned from going to away games as that would spoil for a great deal of law abiding fans.Can see us getting reduced allocations though.As regards to the game it was dire.What Warnock was thinking about in his team selection i cant imagine clearly Austin was not up to it so that was a sub wasted Again players out of position and once again beaten in the air at the back.My ratings as i saw it
Kenney 5 very lucky with one effort
Byram 4 Totally at sea
Lees 5 Fought a losing battle in air
Pearce 4 Not commanding enough
Peltier 4 Play him on the right or not at all
Austin3 The game just passed hin bye
Tonge 6 worked hard a graet goal
White 4 Oh Dear no more to say
Brown 5 Could not get a grip on midfield
Diouf 5 Un-effective
Bechhio 3 A poor game could have been sent off

Subs
Norris 5 Showed a bit of drive
Varney 2 A token gesture

All i can say is i how much i am looking forward to the return of McCormack
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Been away for a month excluding my post yesterday so cant really comment on how people have been feeling recently. But has this negativity just sprung up this week in the wake of the Wednesday match? We are still unbeaten in 6... yes it wasnt a good performance (nor was Barnsley apparently) but the form book goes out of the window in a derby match especially away from home... We are grinding out results week after week and from what i can gather after the Everton game everyone was waxing lyrical about how good we were and how well the team were gelling. You have to take into account that Austin wasnt fit (shouldnt have been selected for Jamaica in my opinion) we got caught cold by the looks of it after the international break (my opinion on internationals being played in the middle of the league season will remain with me). We are still as I understand 1 point outside of the play off places... No Ross, Been without Green and Norris too for the last month or so for Norris and since the first day of the season for Green...
Things are still positive... yes we lack pace up front, but we are scoring goals still... we havent failed to score yet this season as far as im aware which is i believe our best scoring start to a season for a long time... Warnock is performing miracles on a shoestring... get behind the team MOT
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Been away for a month excluding my post yesterday so cant really comment on how people have been feeling recently. But has this negativity just sprung up this week in the wake of the Wednesday match? We are still unbeaten in 6... yes it wasnt a good performance (nor was Barnsley apparently) but the form book goes out of the window in a derby match especially away from home... We are grinding out results week after week and from what i can gather after the Everton game everyone was waxing lyrical about how good we were and how well the team were gelling. You have to take into account that Austin wasnt fit (shouldnt have been selected for Jamaica in my opinion) we got caught cold by the looks of it after the international break (my opinion on internationals being played in the middle of the league season will remain with me). We are still as I understand 1 point outside of the play off places... No Ross, Been without Green and Norris too for the last month or so for Norris and since the first day of the season for Green...
Things are still positive... yes we lack pace up front, but we are scoring goals still... we havent failed to score yet this season as far as im aware which is i believe our best scoring start to a season for a long time... Warnock is performing miracles on a shoestring... get behind the team MOT
I am a very optimistic person. I like the team we have and I think Warnock can do a job, but you outlined the reasons why Warnock in my eyes isn't pulling his full weight.

He has made some great signings. I think we have a decent side. However, you state we have no pace up front. Warnock sent that pace out on loan.

He played Austin when he shouldn't have.

He doesn't know how to use a bench.

He is playing people out of position for no good reason that I can see.

These are the things I can see that need to be fixed. I am waiting for everything to click into place, because when it does, I can see this side doing some damage in the league!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Warnock is performing miracles on a shoestring... get behind the team MOT
He certainly is....just needs to play his players in their correct position & address one or two selection problems....managers have to be ruthless & not show much sentiment to players who need resting !