Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
white.riot

Re: Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Brighton have a owner who has built a brand new stadiium without decimating the team for the sake of the improvements ...they romped League 1 after years in the doldrums playing at the Withdean Athletics Stadium in front of 6000 fans. They employed a footballing manager & as a consequence fill the ground whether the game is on telly or not.
I believe they have nearly 20,000 season-ticket holders....proof that their man at the top runs Brighton in the correct way as oppose to our saviour who has introduced a few boxes which went well over the budget so he, his wife & select number of friends can watch their football in style....as for the rest of us supporters what extra's have we received for our hard earned cash imputed into the club over the years....hot water in the loos is the only thing that comes to mind as a kop season-ticket holder...we've had a raw deal compared to many other football fans !
I feel blessed tbh to have been born in and to support lufc mate. Leeds chose me. I don't envy any other football fan whereas you and others envy whoever is doing well at the time. You constantly post comparative data of one kind or another to show why every club is better than lufc. I have no idea why. You're the same with managers. Adkins was your last big squeeze, he looks like he's for the chop. Until Warnock I've thoroughly enjoyed our wilderness years. Howson's one man show v Carlisle, stood on the terrace, was one of the finest nights of my life. Wet through in Histon, I still loved it cos it was Leeds and I realised what it's like for fans of small clubs - we have suffered very little compared to some. Try supporting Hartlepool for instance. Despite Colin and spitter who I find totally repulsive I'll be there on Tuesday hoping beyond hope that Colin manages to put on a show. Rather that than follow Brighton or MK Dons or any other club with padded seats :tup:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

revie-era wrote:
I see Poyet has left the Premiership School of Management with honours as he deflects his own teams's shortcomings onto an easy target, - in this case the ref (predictable) and Leeds/Browns reputations(also boringly predictable).
If I were Gus I'd be off first thing Monday morning to the Elecutionist for a few lessons before heading off to the dentist to sort his size 36 teeth which are clearly giving him problems in his size 24 mouth.
Then by the next time Brighton find themselves on TV, we may have half a chance of picking up the latest pile of bollox he's spouting about.
Get over it bitter man
Brighton missed an open goal and missed a penalty. Result, they lost a game they played well enough to win. As simple as that.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Another poor performance know we got a point but very lucky to do so.What on earth Warnock is doing with team selections is beyond me.Peltier on the left White on right then brings Pugh on who at the start of the season was on his way out is Warnock trying to say he has dropped a clanger in buying Drury who is a left sided player.The first penalty we gave away you would only expect from a youngster.Diouf starting his antics had to be taken off before getting sent off can,t keep his mouth shut.The way the season is looking is a place outside the play-offs is where we will finish but you never know.
Kenny 8 A good penalty save looked a bit better
Lees 4 Can only mark for time on pitch
Pearce 6 A better performance
Peltier 5 Still not convinced
Austin 5 Covered some ground but not outstanding
White 4 Nothing special
Bryam 9 Another good display
Brown 6 Lucky to stay on pitch did he score?
Diouf 5 Did not shine must learn to keep his mouth shut
Varney 4 Not a patch on Tues
Tonge 5 Looked to be struggling with shoulder
Subs
Pugh 4 He must wonder where his future lies
Norris 2 Did nothing
Bechhio 5 Will he be credited with the goal he showed a strikers instinct
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Another poor performance know we got a point but very lucky to do so.What on earth Warnock is doing with team selections is beyond me.Peltier on the left White on right then brings Pugh on who at the start of the season was on his way out is Warnock trying to say he has dropped a clanger in buying Drury who is a left sided player.The first penalty we gave away you would only expect from a youngster.Diouf starting his antics had to be taken off before getting sent off can,t keep his mouth shut.The way the season is looking is a place outside the play-offs is where we will finish but you never know.
White 4 Nothing special
Subs
Norris 2 Did nothing
Perhaps Colin's fans can explain his inability to sort out port from starboard?
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

white.riot wrote:
Perhaps Colin's fans can explain his inability to sort out port from starboard?
At the moment we are like a ship without a captain and rudderless
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
I feel blessed tbh to have been born in and to support lufc mate. Leeds chose me. I don't envy any other football fan whereas you and others envy whoever is doing well at the time. You constantly post comparative data of one kind or another to show why every club is better than lufc. I have no idea why. You're the same with managers. Adkins was your last big squeeze, he looks like he's for the chop. Until Warnock I've thoroughly enjoyed our wilderness years. Howson's one man show v Carlisle, stood on the terrace, was one of the finest nights of my life. Wet through in Histon, I still loved it cos it was Leeds and I realised what it's like for fans of small clubs - we have suffered very little compared to some. Try supporting Hartlepool for instance. Despite Colin and spitter who I find totally repulsive I'll be there on Tuesday hoping beyond hope that Colin manages to put on a show. Rather that than follow Brighton or MK Dons or any other club with padded seats :tup:
Firstly i was born in Headingley so naturally Leeds United was always my team

Secondly i don't envy any other club...i admire those who go about there business in the correct manner

Thirdly i've started ONLY one results comparison thread as you & others were so anti-Warnock from day one. My expectations are very low as with last season our current team lacks quality & pace. We have never replaced Beckford, Howson, Gradel & arguably others so how can anyone expect us to compete with the better champs teams, we were mid-table last term as we are right now even though we are only three points off the top six, a fact you continually banged on about last season even though all around us had three or four games in hand on us at the time !

Forthly Adkins as with Lambert did superbly well with to two consecutive promotions, the Saints are probably out of their depth now, defensively they look like fish out of water

Fifthly i was also one of lucky 2000 fans at Carlisle on that special night

Lastly I don't follow any other club but i'm not blinkered to what is going on at ER or any other football club where the management deserve credit where credit is due. Right now we are a millions miles behind certain clubs due to lack of ambition/innovative idea's/average marketing & poor management
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: At the moment we are like a ship without a captain and rudderless
And Warnock is not the only one to blame for that dilemma
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:

he really is.....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by yeboOAAAH »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Another poor performance know we got a point but very lucky to do so.What on earth Warnock is doing with team selections is beyond me.Peltier on the left White on right then brings Pugh on who at the start of the season was on his way out is Warnock trying to say he has dropped a clanger in buying Drury who is a left sided player.The first penalty we gave away you would only expect from a youngster.Diouf starting his antics had to be taken off before getting sent off can,t keep his mouth shut.The way the season is looking is a place outside the play-offs is where we will finish but you never know.
White 4 Nothing special
Subs
Norris 2 Did nothing
Byram a 9? What about the penalty he gave away? What about his average defending? He was alright when it came to attacking but I'm not convinced he was a 9.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

yeboOAAAH wrote:
Byram a 9? What about the penalty he gave away? What about his average defending? He was alright when it came to attacking but I'm not convinced he was a 9.
Everyone see,s a game in different light for the penalty he was unlucky as the player who won was more street wise than him he plays with no fear and always gives 100% he his only young and will learn the only problem is it that it won,t be with United
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by yeboOAAAH »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Everyone see,s a game in different light for the penalty he was unlucky as the player who won was more street wise than him he plays with no fear and always gives 100% he his only young and will learn the only problem is it that it won,t be with United
Oh, I agree with everything you've said... But surely rating should be done on performance and not take into account age and effort and future prospect? ;)
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
The main blame must lie with Warnock why did he sign Drury and not play him why did he let Poleyn go out on loan when we are short of forwards,why does he continue to mess about with the back four when we all know that apart from suspension and injuries it should be the same every game.Why did he put Pugh on the transfer list saying he does not see a future for him yet continues to select him.Why does he play players out of position.Why against Charlton when he saw it was not working did he not make changes earlier.Why did we loan Hall and not give him a chance.Think that might be a few reasons for a start.
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

yeboOAAAH wrote:
That was his only mistake, and to say his defending was average, really? I thought he defended brilliantly except the penalty! But everyone makes mistakes!
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: The main blame must lie with Warnock why did he sign Drury and not play him why did he let Poleyn go out on loan when we are short of forwards,why does he continue to mess about with the back four when we all know that apart from suspension and injuries it should be the same every game.Why did he put Pugh on the transfer list saying he does not see a future for him yet continues to select him.Why does he play players out of position.Why against Charlton when he saw it was not working did he not make changes earlier.Why did we loan Hall and not give him a chance.Think that might be a few reasons for a start.
Why has he signed Hall? what has he had since signing 15 mins?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: The main blame must lie with Warnock why did he sign Drury and not play him why did he let Poleyn go out on loan when we are short of forwards,why does he continue to mess about with the back four when we all know that apart from suspension and injuries it should be the same every game.Why did he put Pugh on the transfer list saying he does not see a future for him yet continues to select him.Why does he play players out of position.Why against Charlton when he saw it was not working did he not make changes earlier.Why did we loan Hall and not give him a chance.Think that might be a few reasons for a start.
Yes i've asked all those questions too...we'll never know what goes through a football manager's mind...why do they play players out of position...i recall our best player young Jonny playing on the right wing :shock:

Warnock's decisions are very questionable indeed !
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Yes i've asked all those questions too...we'll never know what goes through a football manager's mind...why do they play players out of position...i recall our best player young Jonny playing on the right wing :shock:

Warnock's decisions are very questionable indeed !
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

He's hopeless!
JACKtheKNIGHT
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JACKtheKNIGHT »

Must admit ive become a little disillusioned over the last couple of weeks with colins decisions and poor performances on the field. Im just hoping lessons have been learned i dont understand players playing out of position when they dont need to?
http://www.50cheaprecipes.com/?usr=JackTheKnight

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending there injured - rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending there not!
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:Brighton have a owner who has built a brand new stadiium without decimating the team for the sake of the improvements ...they romped League 1 after years in the doldrums playing at the Withdean Athletics Stadium in front of 6000 fans. They employed a footballing manager & as a consequence fill the ground whether the game is on telly or not.
I believe they have nearly 20,000 season-ticket holders....proof that their man at the top runs Brighton in the correct way as oppose to our saviour who has introduced a few boxes which went well over the budget so he, his wife & select number of friends can watch their football in style....as for the rest of us supporters what extra's have we received for our hard earned cash imputed into the club over the years....hot water in the loos is the only thing that comes to mind as a kop season-ticket holder...we've had a raw deal compared to many other football fans !
Well said Leon. :tup:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Crude United wrote: Well said Leon. :tup:
Since 2009 Bloom has been the chairman of Football League Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion. He succeeded Dick Knight after securing a 95% shareholding in the club and investing £93 million into the development of the club's new ground, the American Express Community Stadium at Falmer.

Do you think Ken has that sort of money to invest? Do you think you have had a raw deal? Do you think anyone ever looks at both columns in the accounts or just the incoming? Do you think B&HA will pass the financial fair play test. Do you think a poker player will have paid his taxes? Would you rather sit on padded seats or stand on the Kop? Will you ever be MOT or will you continue to march to a different tune?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I sense your a tad jealous of Brighton's financial clout, as am I. Who knows how much money Ken has to invest, he's put squat into the club from his coffers since he took over. Maybe Gary Cooper would be a better person to ask these questions to. Oh, that's right, Gary is the devil-incarnate from your point of view since he has dared to challenge Saint Ken during his reign over the club. I quite like MOT, fantastic tune and makes my heart rise with pride every time I hear it. How about you?
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011