Leeds v Palace...Team News/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
JACKtheKNIGHT
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Leeds v Palace...Team News/Reports/Ratings...

Post by JACKtheKNIGHT »

Yeah it was true im at the front of the east stand and always wait behind to let some crowd clear. They were clapping as many supporters as they could when leaving the east stand and waving at everyone as they passed. It was quality! :tup:
http://www.50cheaprecipes.com/?usr=JackTheKnight

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending there injured - rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending there not!
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Leeds v Palace...Team News/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

JACKtheKNIGHT wrote:Yeah it was true im at the front of the east stand and always wait behind to let some crowd clear. They were clapping as many supporters as they could when leaving the east stand and waving at everyone as they passed. It was quality! :tup:
So did you wave back anxiously cause we are in there mercy now ;)
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

:tup:
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

A good win against a quality side that were on a superb run. Good to see some smiles back at Elland Road.

Kenny 8 Very good double save in the first half and several other good stops.

Byram 8 MOTM for me. Stayed on his feet well up against Zaha (Palace penalty claim was ridiculous by the way. FL show angle poor. He should have been booked for the dive)

Lees 7 Tom's been to the gym hasn't he?

Tate 8 Very solid debut. Composed defender. Great positioning and anticipation. I hope Pearce and Lees can learn from him in his time here.

Peltier 6 Not his worst game at left back by any stretch but doesn't look comfortable in the position.

Green 7 Well taken goal and I think it was him that headed back across goal for Becchio's too. Drifted inside too often during the game though leaving young Sam exposed to Zaha and Purr in an advanced left back position. But for an excellnt game from Byram he would have cost us.

Norris 7 Chased and pressured well but missed several opportunites for a good final ball.

Tonge 8 Much like Norris. Gets an extra mark for a crucial goal line clearance.

Thomas 8 Clearly not yet up to a 90 minute shift but looks pacy and dangerous. Takes players on and gets to the byline. He could have what we have been missing since Max left. An exciting prospect with better performances to come methinks.

Becchio 8 Usual hardworking shift from Luciano. Reacted and got up well to finish his goal.

Diouf 8 Quality link up with Thomas particularly in the first 20 minutes or so. Went down too easily several times in the second half when there was an opportunity to do more damage by staying up on his feet.

Poleon 4 Wrong sub for me. Bright run to the byline soon after coming on but fluffed his defensive duties changing the dynamic of the game.

MCCormack, Brown did not have enough time.

Warnock 5 Employed new signings well but seriously fluffed his lines at the end of the match. A tiring Thomas needed to come off but White (who does have some defensive nous) or Hall surely better options than Poleon. Similarly he would have been much better leaving Diouf on the pitch instead of Becchio when trying to wind the game down at 2-0 up. Had no defensive options on the bench.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Twiggster wrote:
I got am SMS (you won't know what that is!) from a mate at the game at full time. Said Haigh was dancing on his exec box balcony. Possibly the reason for the late cheers? :duno:

You can't fool an old siggie like me, mate! That's the one wot goes "dot dot dot, dash dash, dot dot dot" innit?
:mrgreen:
hector

Post by hector »

Drs.Dad wrote:

You can't fool an old siggie like me, mate! That's the one wot goes "dot dot dot, dash dash, dot dot dot" innit?
:mrgreen:
:-D :-D