Leeds v Spurs - News/Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
gessa

Re: Leeds v Spurs - News/Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by gessa »

dantheleedsfan wrote:
And everyone says it's my mum who always starts things? Dear oh dear :tdown:
No they don't...Lets leave it please.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

patlufc wrote:Most of our team played well today, my weakest links were Austin, gave ball away to much. 1st half I thought McCormack and Green wasn't in the game. Varney battled hard. Diouf although skilful at times, tries to do too much when there is a simpler option. Pelts and Leeds were solid at the back. White had an improved game and Byrum was outstanding as per usual.
Brown showed Austin how it should be done Pat :tup:
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

1964white wrote:
Brown showed Austin how it should be done Pat :tup:

Maybe the lot on here will start to understand why i was so critical to Austin signing for us...
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

I don't think Austin's looked right for a while! Even before his injury he's looked really shaky
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

dantheleedsfan wrote:I don't think Austin's looked right for a while! Even before his injury he's looked really shaky

Hes looked shaky for years
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

gessa wrote:
No they don't...Lets leave it please.
So is dan jos son??
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: So is dan jos son??
Indeed!
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

gessa wrote:
If that's what we're going to get, then we might aswell give up.
Well I did my apologising more so about the comment made by me in VLR - which started all this but dont forget BB!- about the comment you made about me being the most negative person you have ever met. I was in VLR at the time.

If my comment on Facebook upset you so much - how come you didn't just unfriendl me

People who really know me know I wouldn't set out to deliberately hurt someone without good reason. Like I said to Armley, I'm a pretty shy person who doesn't like fights and just wants to be friends with people, especially Leeds fans. Anyone can ask Dan how much all this has upset me but I won't just stand by and let people just walk over me - I had enough of that thank you.

Don't quite understand this " I'm prepared to forgive you ............"

It's up to you now BB - I'm mentally and physically tired of the whole thing. Take it or leave it - I don't give a f*ck
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

dantheleedsfan wrote: Indeed!
WELL I don't know what you make of this
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: WELL I don't know what you make of this
I just can't see how it has carried on! I private messaged BB a few weeks ago, saying about the effect it's having in our house, and asked if she'd be willing to not make anymore remarks or as long as my mum did the same. Which she agreed to, but obviously for whatever reason it hasn't happened
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Ash down 8

Byram 8
Peltier 9 mom
Lees 7
White 7

Green 7
Brown 8
Austin 7

Diouf 7
Mc. 7
Varney 8

Decent performance. I'm a massive becchio fan but its all to tempting to fire a long ball upto him. Thought brown did very well apart from the 93rd min. Pelts is class at cb and should remain there as first choice. White and Byram kept bale and Lennon quiet and I thought austin was quiet. Prefer to see tonge alongside brown. Good passing and very few direct balls varney was a constant threat.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MeeTa wrote:
Maybe the lot on here will start to understand why i was so critical to Austin signing for us...
You were bang on MeeTa :tup: some Leeds fans have got so use to watching rubbish football they drum up players with limited ability as top stars :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Becchio or not, we still hoofed it a lot yesterday. Main difference is that our front men all chased the ball when it was over the top, and Varney managed quite a few knock downs into the path of Green/McCormack/Diouf...

I liked the fluidity of our front 3 today, all played both wings and lone striker over the course of the game, which caused their defence all kinds of problems, as they weren't sure who to mark. As much as I love Becchio, he makes it easy for defences in that they just have to double mark him and cut off supply from the wings and he's neutralised.

Some great defensive work in the last 30 mins, Byram only got caught out when he started to tire (and you would, man marking Bale for most of the game!).

Byram or Brown MOTM for me, the old man put a serious shift in (though it'd have been a different story had they scored from that needless freekick...).

People being impressed by Parker shaking hands baffles me somewhat, captains tend to do that, don't they? He was a right petulant little sod throughout the game, arguing with the ref and getting upset by Brown's tough-but-legal tackling :tdown:
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

This just shows how well we did
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359367039.400566.jpg
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote:
Excellent :tup:

BB?

Fine by me Ges, truce called for the good of the forum as I am sure all the bickering is very boring and tiresome :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

Wasn't McCormacks.goal from a hoof ball? It's been proved that hoofing up to Becchio doesn't work cos there is often no-one there for him to flick onto. We needs wingers to cross the ball in and a bit of pace in midfield, they are too slow.

I too Meeta, have been saying for months that Austin isn't that good but shot down by ppl in the know who have seen him a couple of times on the tele :wink:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

On the subject of Becchio..we'll never know now how he would have effected yesterdays game..maybe he might have scored maybe not but you kinda know he wouldnt have scored the kind of goals that Varney n Ross did as they both involved a degree of movement and pace required to get into a position from which to shoot n score..im goung to stick my neck out n say if Becchio played the best we might have got was a replay.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Think it would be unfair to mark they players yesterday they all did their bit and yes some did make mistakes it was a team performance at the end of the day.Only hope we can carry that form on but somehow doubt it.The one thing that got to me yesterday and last week was hearing people saying well hope we dont get beaten by to many or it will be good if we only get beaten by a couple of goals no doubt these people will be saying the same thing before or game with Man City as this week-end proved in the F.A. Cup as seasons past have proved you are always going to get get shocks and believe you me i have witnessed a few in my time and United have been on the recieving hand of some.So lets go to Man City enjoy the day and please dont moan to much if the result goes against us.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Delighted at such a great fighting display yesterday.....for me Peltier looks so much better at Centre half and Aidy White has to have cemented he's place as the first choice left back now, unless we buy someone in that position before transfer window shuts of course. Sam Byram, well kid was outstanding again....

Michael Brown and Luke Varney were a big surprise though. Number of times Brown chased spurs players back and got a vital tackle and interception was great to see and Varney had hes best game in a leeds shirt by far. Was like a diff player !!

People rightly ask if we play as well as this in the cup why cant we repeat it in the league but I think its down to the fact that when we are playing a Prem side, its us back to the walls fighting for every ball and mainly counter attacking whereas when we play most other Championship teams, especially at home, we have to dictate the temp/pace and I believe we struggle to do that.
Playing like we did yesterday suits us much more but would fans at Elland Road put up with us effectively hitting teams on the break ?

On the subject of the fans, I am sure the atmosphere was good at Elland Road but it really didnt come across on ESPN yesterday......seemed massive lulls where our fans were very quiet and you could only hear Spurs lot singing. I know a lot of that is down to the fact that they are situated right by many of the main pitchside microphones but we did seem very quiet by Elland Road standards yesterday ?

Anyone who was actually at Elland Road agree/disagree ?
Last edited by Gurj on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

The team played well as a group. It was a good performance and considering we were playing a class team, we did keep the ball on the deck quite a bit (or a lot more compared to normal). It was good to see the players passing around the opposition at times and running at defenders in the box.

A couple of the negatives, which can be positives; pelts did alright at CB, but his positioning quite a few times was all wrong. I still feel Pearce is more solid and consistent. It does give us another option at CB though.

Austin was missing quite a lot of the game, he wasn't on the ball much, but he was keeping Parker quiet, so he probably did enough.

White, Byram and Brown were all superb imo. Byram had a couple of moments, but against a player like Bale, he did awfully well :tup:

Give ashdown a league start please.