Stuart Dallas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by Barlow Boy »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:42 pm Further clarification on Stu's injury, surgery, and rehab--from Leed's own head of medicine, Rob Price:

"He actually knocked off the bottom of his femur. There are two balls at the bottom of the femur, he completely broke one of those off We got a private ambulance down to London. Stu underwent surgery.

A seven and a half hour procedure. They spent hours making sure they aligned the joint. minimum of 12 months, could be 24, probably 18. He is 16 months. He’s made the next stage of his rehab."

Source: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/r ... 0629133371
Blimey :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:42 pm Further clarification on Stu's injury, surgery, and rehab--from Leed's own head of medicine, Rob Price:

"He actually knocked off the bottom of his femur. There are two balls at the bottom of the femur, he completely broke one of those off. We got a private ambulance down to London. Stu underwent surgery.

A seven and a half hour procedure. They spent hours making sure they aligned the joint. minimum of 12 months, could be 24, probably 18. He is 16 months. He’s made the next stage of his rehab."

Source: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/r ... 0629133371
I remember the collision clearly, a horrible injury.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:17 am I remember the collision clearly, a horrible injury.
It was some kind of terrible. To this day, my wife still spits if she hears me say Grealish's name...
In Farke we trust...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Stuart Dallas signs...

Post by Barlow Boy »

Farke on Dallas (femur) return: “He has all the time he needs but it’s not possible to speak about days. He’s seen different consultants. We try to support him & hope it works out in the end. We put no pressure on him.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:35 pm Farke on Dallas (femur) return: “He has all the time he needs but it’s not possible to speak about days. He’s seen different consultants. We try to support him & hope it works out in the end. We put no pressure on him.”
My god Kev, you dug this thread out of the archives ;-)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:39 pm My god Kev, you dug this thread out of the archives ;-)
😂😂😂.

Must admit, had to delve around a bit 😁
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:41 pm 😂😂😂.

Must admit, had to delve around a bit 😁
Merge it now with the main Dallas thread now.

Thanks for finding that thread :tup:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

:geek:
AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:36 am It was some kind of terrible. To this day, my wife still spits if she hears me say Grealish's name...
Fortunate for your wife and your house that his surname isn’t Dollar. 😉
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

All very sad.

You always did your best on the pitch and in trying to overcome a horrific injury.

Good to see you are still there, encouraging our current players prior to & after each game.

A footballer who'll always have Leeds in his heart :love:

Happy retirement Stuart.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Much appreciated Stuart, one of my favourites especially for your professionalism and versatility, you were "side before self"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good luck Stuart.

Never known a turnaround like it, from bit part winger to indispensable Swiss army knife of a player.

Very sad news.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I hear SD will be on the pitch Saturday at HT to say thanks and farewell, I won't have an HT pint, instead I'll stand and thank Stuart for his services.
I also understand the club are in talks with him to continue in some form behind the scenes.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not unexpected, but still very sad news. Always gave his all and, as Cjay says, was transformed from bang average to one of the first names on the teamsheet by MB. Something that Leeds and NI benefited from. I hope he still has something to offer off the pitch, maybe as an ambassador. Having met him, he is a true gent and great representative of our wee country and this great club. Sad day
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

That is sad news but not a surprise,top player for us 👍
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

I think we all knew he wouldn't be playing again.

What a shame, great player.

All the very best to him.

Testimonial?
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

That is one classy open letter! Well said Stuart Dallas.

Note: Every premadonna footballer who is only bothered about one thing > themself!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:13 pm An open letter from Stuart….

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... art-dallas
Beautiful letter from Stuey, I had a few tears for him reading that :cry:

What a great professional footballer and human being.

I still remember the night that he single-handedly almost got us through that play off match against Derby. What a trier and a determined character. He really did believe he could conjure a win up all on his own. I'm forever grateful for that gutsy and proud performance by Stuey, he was incredible that night :love:

The two goals that got us the win at City were also brilliant and filled all of us with pride.

Another chapter closes, but I'll always be grateful for Stuey's effort and dedication.

What a gentleman :clap:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I read that letter with tears in my eyes, what a wonderful example Stu has been for club and country.

What an example of how someone can turn out if given the right help and be willing to respond to it.

I loved the fact that when he and Cooper heard that Marcelo had taken over at Leeds that they both stopped drinking alcohol in a bid to be part of the great mans purpose, and of course they both were. They wanted to be at their best. What a professional response from both of them.

I oftern recall the wonderful tribute paid to him by Marcelos translator Salim Lamrani it sums up the man perfectly ( google it if you like)

As for me I will always hold a grudge against that idiot who had us running around like headless chickens in that second season which led to James and Ayling diving into suicide tackles and getting red carded and Stu picking up that awful injury.

But I hope Stu is inspired enough to get his coaching badges and puts something back into the game.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa