Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by 1964white »

All four have their sensible hat on this video, as opposed to some on here & social media.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 pm All four have their sensible hat on this video, as opposed to some on here & social media.
I wouldn't start Joseph

Wouldn't start Bamford either :)

But Paddy must do much better than he did in his last 2 starts in general play.

The amazing hold up play and brilliant pressing was a myth
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:49 pm I wouldn't start Joseph

The naughty boy must to better.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:49 pm I wouldn't start Joseph

Very poor last two games, he needs to step up as there are much better footballers behind him. He's losing battles at an alarming rate, his hold up play is nearly non existent, Joseph better at both. His much admired "movement" has been lacking too

For me he's a very good option off the bench... as a starter he's mediocre at best, which is fine if we didn't have better options but we do
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:53 pm Very poor last two games, he needs to step up as there are much better footballers behind him. He's losing battles at an alarming rate, his hold up play is nearly non existent, Joseph better at both. His much admired "movement" has been lacking too

For me he's a very good option off the bench... as a starter he's mediocre at best, which is fine if we didn't have better options but we do
I think he's done well at times, but I think goals have saved him from flack.

Nostalgia and looking busy as well.

Personally I think looking busy by running a lot is appealing to some of our fans, but for me it has to be effective and meaningful which I don't think much of what Paddy does has been.

James tbf looked busy vs Stoke but actually did win the ball back, Summerville has done it a few times as well, that imo is praise worthy.

Just running about isn't, it's expected, for me working hard isn't a praise worthy skill unless effective.

People get all defensive about stats and analysis but Paddy doesn't score higher than average for any of the things he gets praised for.

Link play, possession won etc, its just running about which imo isn't enough.

He needs to do more, especially based on the last 2 games.

He's meant to be our best 9, well his heat map vs Stoke had his most used position between the half way line and half way to the opposition box, exactly the deep position JP gets stick for.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamford can do nothing right, even though he has scored 7 goals & outscoring all our other forwards in 2024.

Paddy has contributed hugely in our run of undefeated 11 games, where we have achieved 31 points.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

PB does what his manager asks him to do unlike others, well other.

And as a result is the managers first striker on the teamsheet when fully fit.

Quite simple really innit.

The managers actions speak, watch and learn.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

vs Sheff Wed

A goal, and a decent amount of work and some excellent centre forward hold-up and link-up play in the second half. Had a hand in the second goal.

14 decent actions
3 excellent passes
3 held up the ball
1 goal
1 involved in the build-up with a lovely flick for the second goal
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:12 pm Bamford can do nothing right, even though he has scored 7 goals & outscoring all our other forwards in 2024.

Paddy has contributed hugely in our run of undefeated 11 games, where we have achieved 31 points.
Seems more like he can do no wrong.... think you're over egging your own pudding there 64, you seem to have most of the board onside with Paddy can do no wrong. Just me, mental, Riot and CJay not diving into the Paddy is key pool

I think he's the most replaceable of our first 11 along with Kamara
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:03 am Seems more like he can do no wrong.... think you're over egging your own pudding there 64, you seem to have most of the board onside with Paddy can do no wrong. Just me, mental, Riot and CJay not diving into the Paddy is key pool

I think he's the most replaceable of our first 11 along with Kamara
The media reports suggest not, even you gave him 8 in the player ratings (I think).

Not this season with eight games to go, next season yes!

Replacements for several of our squad will be imperative in the Premier League.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am The media reports suggest not, even you gave him 8 in the player ratings (I think).

Not this season with eight games to go, next season yes!

Replacements for several of our squad will be imperative in the Premier League.
Piroe and Mateo could replace Bamford, indeed have done, to good or better effect
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:31 am Piroe and Mateo could replace Bamford, indeed have done, to good or better effect
Totally disagree on that point

8 goals & 1 assist in 11 games, hasn't & won't be bettered this season.

Piroe's poor form is the reason why Bamford was brought back since the 1st January.

Unfortunately, Joel is one of our squad who will struggle in the Premier League. I also feel this could be Paddy's last season at Leeds.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Won't comment on performance . . . . .

What shocked me most is how damn slow he is now.

He'd obviously lost some pace (injuries and age) fair enough.

But was a moment where that big lumbering Watford cb and Paddy had a race for a ball over the top.

Paddy had a headstart and lost!!!!

He used to have decent short bursts

Not now

Didn't realise his pace had gone that much.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Paddy was poor tonight.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As soon as he missed that chance you knew it was curtains for the game for him.

Kept working hard but think DF has a big call here.

Paddy had a great spell but has struggled now for 4 or 5 games, fortunately tonight was far as I remember his first real blooper miss.

But do worry how it will impact him mentally especially as calls for Joseph grow.

Does DF back him or take him out of the firing line?

He's played a lot of football recently as well so could be impacting him as well given his injury issues of past.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Fix the midfield and Paddy will be fine.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Really, really poor tonight. He shouldn't hold his starting place on that basis alone, add in two glaring misses, especially the one in the first half, and it's a no brainer.

That kind of miss at this stage of the season is going be too costly.

Joseph is the ready made replacement.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How the hell did Bamford scoop that chance over the bar?

2-0 and we'd have been comfortable, it certainly wasn't that, as our fans had to suffer the indignity of Hull passing the ball round us like Man City, we couldn't get close to them as we wandered around the pitch like headless chickens, when we did win the ball, we handed possession straight back to them. It was inevitable the codheads would equalise as they were allowed to stroll into our box with considerable ease!

Is Kamara a defensive midfielder? It was his ball to be won but, he made such an insipid tackle, even my granny would have strolled past him!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

With Bamford he is the same as he has alway been for us. He has always been a striker that scores in streaks and then has streaks where he can't score for toffee. The concern is that his streak is over and that is when the problem arises as no matter what else he brings to the team you can'thave a number 9 that doesn't score, especially given that we have a no10 who can't score either.

I would be tempted to give Joseph a run as his confidence is up at the moment,
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Agree Weasel.

Bamford’s miss gave a flash back to last season late on.

If we were 6 games back I think he would start Joseph, but now I think DF will keep the most experienced line up.

Just hope he doesn’t regret it.