Playlist over the last week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Playlist over the last week.

Post by malcolmw »

Sara wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:15 pm Not quite my cup of tea either. Prefer Turn Blue to El Camino too.
OK, each to their own.
Turn Blue is also a great album. (Not that keen on their latest album), but love the Keys.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:49 pm My favourite Canadian bands, Malcolm are Alexisonfire and the Dallas Green side project City and Colour :tup:
Not an AlexisonFire fan, too hard core for me, but I'll check out Dallas Green's project. :tup:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:43 pm OK, each to their own.
Turn Blue is also a great album. (Not that keen on their latest album), but love the Keys.
I mostly play the earlier ones tbh, Rubber Factory, Thickfreakness. I like what they did on the Danger Mouse albums, but always go back to that early guitar sound. I even have the same fuzz pedal as him!
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:51 pm Not an AlexisonFire fan, too hard core for me, but I'll check out Dallas Green's project. :tup:
Just been listening to City and Colour - very good - thanks for the tip.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Sara wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:26 pm I mostly play the earlier ones tbh, Rubber Factory, Thickfreakness. I like what they did on the Danger Mouse albums, but always go back to that early guitar sound. I even have the same fuzz pedal as him!
Yes, agree great album - the early stuff is good.

If you like the Keys, have you listened to Big Head Todd & The Monsters and also JJ Grey and Mofro?

Like the Keys, the earlier Big Head Todd stuff is best.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:55 pm Just been listening to City and Colour - very good - thanks for the tip.
See from his website, he is on tour. Closest to me will be Seattle. He is doing some shows in the UK & Europe Oct, Nov.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:55 pm Just been listening to City and Colour - very good - thanks for the tip.
I'm not a fan of the real harsh/dirty vocal side of Alexisonfire . Probably Old Crows/Young Cardinals would be my favoured album, together with the Death Letter EP, which contains some softer versions of tracks from that and the Crisis albums.

I saw C&C in Cardiff during their Little Hell tour in 2011 or 2012. That album together with the excellent Europe 2011 Live I'd defo recommend :tup: .......I'm pretty sure they are on at the O2 in Bristol towards the end of October so very well may be one for the diary.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:49 pm I'm not a fan of the real harsh/dirty vocal side of Alexisonfire . Probably Old Crows/Young Cardinals would be my favoured album, together with the Death Letter EP, which contains some softer versions of tracks from that and the Crisis albums.

I saw C&C in Cardiff during their Little Hell tour in 2011 or 2012. That album together with the excellent Europe 2011 Live I'd defo recommend :tup: .......I'm pretty sure they are on at the O2 in Bristol towards the end of October so very well may be one for the diary.
OK, I'll give those albums a listen and try again!
I'll watch out for C&C if he/they come closer my way - maybe Vancouver. (it's expensive to go to Seattle or Portland for a concert for us).
I see you're in Cardiff. Wouldn't mind being there on the weekend to watch my Boks play Wales in a World Cup warm-up game.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:57 pm OK, I'll give those albums a listen and try again!
I'll watch out for C&C if he/they come closer my way - maybe Vancouver. (it's expensive to go to Seattle or Portland for a concert for us).
I see you're in Cardiff. Wouldn't mind being there on the weekend to watch my Boks play Wales in a World Cup warm-up game.
Yes, it’s a good place to be on an international weekend, albeit the egg chasing is of limited interest to me tbh.

My daughter is actually got herself a job at the Millennium (now Principality) on Saturday working on one of the merch stands……..a lot of the students do it.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:48 pm Yes, it’s a good place to be on an international weekend, albeit the egg chasing is of limited interest to me tbh.

My daughter is actually got herself a job at the Millennium (now Principality) on Saturday working on one of the merch stands……..a lot of the students do it.
Yes, not the same as real football. But growing up where I did you cant help be somewhat influenced by it - I assume the same in Wales.
I must say, it is a game where players just 'get on with it'. There's no diving, back-chatting the ref, basically no bullS***. It is refreshing compared to our game.
Imagine a player in the Wales or Springbok squad turning up on Saturday morning and saying "coach - I think I have to sit this one out". He would not have his own teeth by lunchtime. :-D
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:57 pm Yes, agree great album - the early stuff is good.

If you like the Keys, have you listened to Big Head Todd & The Monsters and also JJ Grey and Mofro?

Like the Keys, the earlier Big Head Todd stuff is best.
Don't know those, no... will give them a go...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Death Folk Country - Dorthia Cottrell
This Shame Should Not Be Mine - GGGOLDDD
While We We're Sleeping - Dark Horses, (pushing Wednesday hard for AOTY, but I can't buy the bloody CD anywhere atm)
Seven and Storm - Parov Stelar
Exile on Coldharbour Lane - Alabama 3 (Still no equal for best Acid House Country band)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Enjoyed the Dark Horses on the first couple of listens, but it's not really hooked me in beyond that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:50 pm Enjoyed the Dark Horses on the first couple of listens, but it's not really hooked me in beyond that.
It has me tbf .. and when I listen my favourite track changes. No clue if it'll go the distance but seeing them live will help.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:01 pm It has me tbf .. and when I listen my favourite track changes. No clue if it'll go the distance but seeing them live will help.
I'll definitely come back to it, but it's slipped down the playlist quite quickly.

The Dorthia Cottrell is still up there for AOTY for me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rick Beato with the legend Jimmy Webb
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leland Sklar talking about The Wrecking Crew's Tommy Tedesco...

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Playlist over the last week. An album for our soul/jazz fans!

Post by 1964white »

Nick would love this album 8-)

I have no doubt it's right up Faaip, MJ & Durly's street too!

Without cluttering this thread with endless video's, here is a link for Billy's new album in full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCw4zvD ... h8xvrJk2qM
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very good blues/soul album. DL over on waccoe interviewed him recently for his magazine... Good piece too
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:58 am Nick would love this album 8-)

I have no doubt it's right up Faaip, MJ & Durly's street too!

Without cluttering this thread with endless video's, here is a link for Billy's new album in full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCw4zvD ... h8xvrJk2qM
Got tipped to this album a couple of weeks ago, Leon, it's very good. Getting regular plays in this house 👍🏻
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson