Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm You should make the 100, your two subs Robinson and Alverez should score as Foden/Bowen didn't go. I'll get 96 I think with Garnacho's 4 points counting for me as Foden was out. I lost Bradley at HT
Blimey, I have never managed a score as high as that.

Never scored a century when playing cricket & snooker.

That's a first in my life.

Congratulations on your 96. :clap:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am Blimey, I have never scored a score as high as that.

Never scored a century when playing cricket & snooker.

That's a first in my life.

Congratulations on your 96. :clap:
We'll clap you back to the pavilion :clap: :clap:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am We'll clap you back to the pavilion :clap: :clap:
I bow my cap, thank you.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Southampton 3 up. Very likely we will finish behind them in 4th
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Saints 3 Preston 0 after 33 minutes.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Bloody hell Preston! Starting to worry about goal difference now!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

If Saints win all 4 remaining games, and on tonight’s showing it looks like they might, they’d finish on 96 points

If that happens, Leeds can only make 93.

Leicester & Ipswich can only get 97 & 98 respectively if they are perfect, so 2 of the top 3 could find themselves in the playoffs after great seasons.

Saints could be Champions. :rant:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:57 pm If Saints win all 4 remaining games, and on tonight’s showing it looks like they might, they’d finish on 96 points

If that happens, Leeds can only make 93.

Leicester & Ipswich can only get 97 & 98 respectively if they are perfect, so 2 of the top 3 could find themselves in the playoffs after great seasons.

Saints could be Champions. :rant:
I said a couple of weeks ago that Southampton are still in it but it was pretty much dismissed.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Saints have 3 away games and 1 home game after tonight

Away to Cardiff Leicester Leeds
Home to Stoke

Tough ask to win all 4 matches
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Pullhard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 pm Saints have 3 away games and 1 home game after tonight

Away to Cardiff Leicester Leeds
Home to Stoke

Tough ask to win all 4 matches
Looked very strong tonight.

Let’s put it this way, if Leeds end up in the playoffs I hope they don’t.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Everyone just relax.....we are in the play offs end of....it will make the last 3 games much less tense !!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Be a result if Soton pip Ipswich to the autos.
I mean if we don’t make it I’d take us to beat them or Norwich no bother. WBA not so sure.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

3 in 33 minutes and it could have been several more. They look good for second place.

Is the Middlesbrough match going to be the turning point? I hope so.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_9002.jpeg
I don’t think 20/1 is that daft a price tbh
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm Be a result if Soton pip Ipswich to the autos.
I mean if we don’t make it I’d take us to beat them or Norwich no bother. WBA not so sure.
Playoffs are a different kettle of fish to a league game. Far more riding on the result. It takes big game players and strong mentalities. I am not saying we are lacking in this department, every team is losing games or having poor / mixed results who have something to lose. Simply too variables to apply any logic.

I loved Star Trek 🤣🤣🤣
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm Be a result if Soton pip Ipswich to the autos.
Once they are back in the mix - the mindset changes IMO
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm Playoffs are a different kettle of fish to a league game. Far more riding on the result. It takes big game players and strong mentalities. I am not saying we are lacking in this department, every team is losing games or having poor / mixed results who have something to lose. Simply too variables to apply any logic.

I loved Star Trek 🤣🤣🤣
Ok Spok 😁
We have the measure of those 2 for me. I accept the play offs are different but both those 2 come to play & not piss about with buses. That suits us.
Not so sure about WBA & Corberan though.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm Saints 3 Preston 0 after 33 minutes.
It shows the value of an early goal. Likely we'd have smashed Blackburn and Sunderland if we got early goals against them. Preston are basically in the no mans land of mid table so it is a case of they put up a fight until they get a setback then simply collapse, nothing to play for.

Get the early goal and all the pressure goes especially if you can back it up with a second. At this point of the season though if you don't get that early goal fans start to panic and I feel the whole atmosphere makes players jittery.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm It shows the value of an early goal. Likely we'd have smashed Blackburn and Sunderland if we got early goals against them. Preston are basically in the no mans land of mid table so it is a case of they put up a fight until they get a setback then simply collapse, nothing to play for.

Get the early goal and all the pressure goes especially if you can back it up with a second. At this point of the season though if you don't get that early goal fans start to panic and I feel the whole atmosphere makes players jittery.
We won't score an early goal playing tippy-tappy football (Reading style) in our own half, as we did against Sunderland. There's not enough urgency when we've started games of late.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yip, every manager these days talk abart how vital that first goal is.

Against Sunderland he obviously didn't want to concede it and tried and bring them out from their block, against Blackburn he went at them and lost.

I'd still prefer us to go at them.

But what i would prefer more is if he mixes it up, which i suppose he could be doing at times.

I have no doubt now that clubs use computers to find ways, like say Palace v Liverpool, Palace know they're gonna get stuffed playing Liverpool at their own game, so why not feed data into a computer and see what it comes up with about the best way to beat them.

The likes of Cjay will be wanking over that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)