Crysencio Summerville- EFL Championship Player Of The Year

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Crysencio Summerville

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 am MC, the only way I see him going anywhere is if we don't get promoted. In the summer, when all the rats were deserting the ship, he made it plain that he was going to stay loyal to us. He's been a model pro for us all season, and an absolute rock. When we get promoted, which I expect will be confirmed during April, that will be the opportunity to tie all of our young talent into long deals, and believe me they will want to stay.

Farke has built a brilliant team spirit here at ER, and our players have all flourished under his tutelage. Players have developed under Farke, as they did under Bielsa. But the core talent of the individual players is much better than those who got promoted when we won the Championship, and they are also much younger, and for that reason I believe we have a better base to build upon in the EPL.

Even if the big bids come in for our players, I believe they will stay loyal to Farke, the club and their team mates, as this is a unique environment they will have developed and succeeded in. The bonding is clearly visible, and it's wonderful to watch, we see the benefits of the club's work every week on the pitch.

Farke and co will have a full summer to reshape our squad, the rats from last summer can all go for me, and Farke has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he has his own values and principles that players need to reach before they have the privilege of playing for Leeds United. When potential recruits see the ambition and talent that we have evidenced this season, and especially our new football identity, they will want to come here and play for Farke and with our talented young squad.

Especially good news for me, is that Farke continually emphasizes the team ethic and spirit, but is also quite happy to take the spotlight off himself and shine it on individual players, those are traits of a born leader and an inspirational character. Daniel also has the nous and grit to be able to identify any flaws and correct them, so he will make the tough decisions that are required for the club's progress. Ayling and a raft of others have been ushered gently and respectfully out the door, and make no mistake he will already be assessing replacements for the likes of Cooper and Bamford. The sentimentality that killed us last time won't be a factor in Farke's decision making, I'm 100% certain of that.

All is looking very good and positive for Leeds United, and the catalyst for all this has been getting Radz out the door and most crucially the recruitment of Farke. He has turned a battered, beaten and demoralized group of players into a winning machine in very short order, which when we stand back to reflect upon is absolutely incredible considering the dire humiliation we suffered over the previous two seasons.

Gray, Rodon, Ampadu, Firpo, Byram, Gruev, Rutter, Gnonto, Struijk, James, Kamara, Summerville, etc, it's amazing how much pride we feel when we even just think about these players, same as we did when Don, Billy and co were dominating world football. It's a new era and Farke and Summerville are the shining lights of what we have achieved and what is possible. I just don't see Summerville leaving what has been started, the sleeping giant of English football has woken up and is back on the path to glory.
Damn excellent post :tup: :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:41 am Damn excellent post :tup: :clap:
Cheers MC, I do have my moments 😉
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 pm I have 8 GC's in his last 10

Goal v Brum
Assist v Cardiff
2 Goals v Rotherham
Goal and Assist v Plymouth in the cup
Goal Assist v Swansea
Didn't count the cup games.

Just saying I felt his form had dipped a little bit.

His chance creation has a bit (from 3.5 chances created per game to 2.7).

Don't get me wrong 2.7 is still very good and better than about 90% of the league.

Just wonder if maybe he's feeling the effects of the kicking and knock he apparently has.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 am MC, the only way I see him going anywhere is if we don't get promoted. In the summer, when all the rats were deserting the ship, he made it plain that he was going to stay loyal to us. He's been a model pro for us all season, and an absolute rock. When we get promoted, which I expect will be confirmed during April, that will be the opportunity to tie all of our young talent into long deals, and believe me they will want to stay.

Farke has built a brilliant team spirit here at ER, and our players have all flourished under his tutelage. Players have developed under Farke, as they did under Bielsa. But the core talent of the individual players is much better than those who got promoted when we won the Championship, and they are also much younger, and for that reason I believe we have a better base to build upon in the EPL.

Even if the big bids come in for our players, I believe they will stay loyal to Farke, the club and their team mates, as this is a unique environment they will have developed and succeeded in. The bonding is clearly visible, and it's wonderful to watch, we see the benefits of the club's work every week on the pitch.

Farke and co will have a full summer to reshape our squad, the rats from last summer can all go for me, and Farke has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he has his own values and principles that players need to reach before they have the privilege of playing for Leeds United. When potential recruits see the ambition and talent that we have evidenced this season, and especially our new football identity, they will want to come here and play for Farke and with our talented young squad.

Especially good news for me, is that Farke continually emphasizes the team ethic and spirit, but is also quite happy to take the spotlight off himself and shine it on individual players, those are traits of a born leader and an inspirational character. Daniel also has the nous and grit to be able to identify any flaws and correct them, so he will make the tough decisions that are required for the club's progress. Ayling and a raft of others have been ushered gently and respectfully out the door, and make no mistake he will already be assessing replacements for the likes of Cooper and Bamford. The sentimentality that killed us last time won't be a factor in Farke's decision making, I'm 100% certain of that.

All is looking very good and positive for Leeds United, and the catalyst for all this has been getting Radz out the door and most crucially the recruitment of Farke. He has turned a battered, beaten and demoralized group of players into a winning machine in very short order, which when we stand back to reflect upon is absolutely incredible considering the dire humiliation we suffered over the previous two seasons.

Gray, Rodon, Ampadu, Firpo, Byram, Gruev, Rutter, Gnonto, Struijk, James, Kamara, Summerville, etc, it's amazing how much pride we feel when we even just think about these players, same as we did when Don, Billy and co were dominating world football. It's a new era and Farke and Summerville are the shining lights of what we have achieved and what is possible. I just don't see Summerville leaving what has been started, the sleeping giant of English football has woken up and is back on the path to glory.
Very good post WR :)
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:31 pm Very good post WR :)
Cheers Cjay 8-)

I would add that that last time we got promoted, things were already doomed due to the previous ownership and their approach.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:59 pm Cheers Cjay 8-)

I would add that that last time we got promoted, things were already doomed due to the previous ownership and their approach.
The 2 seasons worth of transfers in 1 window told us everything we needed to know.

Worrying thing is the idiot who said that is still here, still running the club.

Hopefully the venture capital fund have more sense.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:13 pm The 2 seasons worth of transfers in 1 window told us everything we needed to know.

Worrying thing is the idiot who said that is still here, still running the club.

Hopefully the venture capital fund have more sense.
Yeah, it still bothers me that Kinnear is involved with our club. I don't see any positives in that
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:16 pm Yeah, it still bothers me that Kinnear is involved with our club. I don't see any positives in that
Me neither, hopefully the 49ers will see through him in the near future.
Surely it can't of escaped them the man responsible for so much chaos is still at the club.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:31 pm Didn't count the cup games.

Just saying I felt his form had dipped a little bit.

His chance creation has a bit (from 3.5 chances created per game to 2.7).

Don't get me wrong 2.7 is still very good and better than about 90% of the league.

Just wonder if maybe he's feeling the effects of the kicking and knock he apparently has.
That is the point that people overlook when they say stuff like a footballer shouldn't be tired playing 2 matches a week etc. It isn't so much the tiredness from running but the kicks they get and the knocks. Footballers will rarely be at anywhere near 100% injury free and whilst you can play with many injuries all those little percentages that it affects your performance by can add up.
Last edited by weasel on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Excellent stuff. My hope is that if we go up Farke will continue to have the biggest say in recruitment. We have seen first hand what happens when a DoF has too much say and he buys in players that don't fit and we have also seen what happens when we buy players to suit a manager that is an idiot. I wonder if Stuart Webber at Norwich was buying in players that Farke didn't really want. So far I would have to say that Farke has pretty much been spot on with his recruitment. Considering we were linked with Webber it does make me wonder if Farke steered them away from him.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:33 pm Excellent stuff. My hope is that if we go up Farke will continue to have the biggest say in recruitment. We have seen first hand what happens when a DoF has too much say and he buys in players that don't fit and we have also seen what happens when we buy players to suit a manager that is an idiot. I wonder if Stuart Webber at Norwich was buying in players that Farke didn't really want. So far I would have to say that Farke has pretty much been spot on with his recruitment. Considering we were linked with Webber it does make me wonder if Farke steered them away from him.
Thanks Weasel :tup:

Yes, exactly that.

Early on Farke alluded to the fact that he will be having the biggest influence and rubber stamp on recruitments.

So, that's been important enough from his perspective that he would clarify matters during pressers. Which would lead me to believe that a key condition of his employment was that he would have the deciding say on recruitment.

So, you're right, in that we all learn from our previous experiences and shape our outlook and future from them.

I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure it took a little while to dot the i's and t's and announce Daniel's recruitment. His foreceful and determined character would lead me to believe he has been very deliberate in his decision to join us.

He will have insisted that everything was cut and dried in his contract, so that he will have the freedom to coach and manage as he sees fit and without interference from above.

I've had this feeling about him since he joined us. He's a really strong character and will not stand for any meddling, or distractions.

We're in very good hands.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:57 pm Thanks Weasel :tup:

Yes, exactly that.

Early on Farke alluded to the fact that he will be having the biggest influence and rubber stamp on recruitments.

So, that's been important enough from his perspective that he would clarify matters during pressers. Which would lead me to believe that a key condition of his employment was that he would have the deciding say on recruitment.

So, you're right, in that we all learn from our previous experiences and shape our outlook and future from them.

I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure it took a little while to dot the i's and t's and announce Daniel's recruitment. His foreceful and determined character would lead me to believe he has been very deliberate in his decision to join us.

He will have insisted that everything was cut and dried in his contract, so that he will have the freedom to coach and manage as he sees fit and without interference from above.

I've had this feeling about him since he joined us. He's a really strong character and will not stand for any meddling, or distractions.

We're in very good hands.
I certainly think so too. For me a manager has to be good at tactics, good at man management, good at fitting players into a sytem or adapting a system to fit the players,good at improving players and good at identifying players who fit in both in terms of talent and personality.

For me he has got it pretty much spot on. Some will argue about tactics but Farke knows what tactics can get a team out of this division. So yes there will be question marks over his tactics at a higher level but his tactics seem pretty spot on for where we are. Mana management seems excellent especially given how he seems to have kept the likes of Gruev and Gnonto happy whilst they were hardly getting a sniff. He has shown he is the boss but not in an arogant way and the players seem to have responded well to it - they know they have to take their chance when we got it and a good example is a distraught Gnonto recently when he thought he'd blown his chance. He has fitted the players into a system and adapted it to suit them. He hasn't stuck to things to the detriment of the team and it showed yesterday his logic for playing Piroe and Rutter the way he did. He hasn't got the same type of number 10 that he had at Norwich so he has changed things and allowed the likes of Summerville, James and Rutter to be the best that they can be. He has improved the players. Most, if not all, of them look better now than ever. Okay we aren't talking KP transformation under Bielsa but we are seeing players continually improving. Lastly he has identified players well that have fitted in well. Rodon a great example who seems made for us. He wasn't afraid to get rid of the highly talented Spence and seemingly has replaced him with a very good full back who seems to have a better character and personality.

It is easy to see why so many Norwich fans love him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A bad day at the office for Cree vs Plymouth

6 excellent moments of play & 6 poor moments of play

Never really got going, however we can forgive him as our young Dutch star has been brilliant for us this season.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:57 pm A bad day at the office for Cree vs Plymouth

6 excellent moments of play & 6 poor moments of play

Never really got going, however we can forgive him as our young Dutch star has been brilliant for us this season.
We all have off days, need him firing on all cylinders on Friday though.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm I certainly think so too. For me a manager has to be good at tactics, good at man management, good at fitting players into a sytem or adapting a system to fit the players,good at improving players and good at identifying players who fit in both in terms of talent and personality.

For me he has got it pretty much spot on. Some will argue about tactics but Farke knows what tactics can get a team out of this division. So yes there will be question marks over his tactics at a higher level but his tactics seem pretty spot on for where we are. Mana management seems excellent especially given how he seems to have kept the likes of Gruev and Gnonto happy whilst they were hardly getting a sniff. He has shown he is the boss but not in an arogant way and the players seem to have responded well to it - they know they have to take their chance when we got it and a good example is a distraught Gnonto recently when he thought he'd blown his chance. He has fitted the players into a system and adapted it to suit them. He hasn't stuck to things to the detriment of the team and it showed yesterday his logic for playing Piroe and Rutter the way he did. He hasn't got the same type of number 10 that he had at Norwich so he has changed things and allowed the likes of Summerville, James and Rutter to be the best that they can be. He has improved the players. Most, if not all, of them look better now than ever. Okay we aren't talking KP transformation under Bielsa but we are seeing players continually improving. Lastly he has identified players well that have fitted in well. Rodon a great example who seems made for us. He wasn't afraid to get rid of the highly talented Spence and seemingly has replaced him with a very good full back who seems to have a better character and personality.

It is easy to see why so many Norwich fans love him.
100% he has put the puzzle together really well, and as I said earlier to do this at a time of turmoil, and in the face of adversity you really do have to stand back and congratulate Farke.

He has set standards and expectations and you can clearly see we are heading onwards and upwards.

This season is a really solid foundation for what's to come.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:59 pm We all have off days, need him firing on all cylinders on Friday though.
Yeah 👍

They all need to be at it from the start against Leicester, just as they were when we visited them.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Well said, WR :clap:

I don't think enough can be said about DF and his impact. For a team and organization that two seasons ago dodged relegation on the last day and were relegated the following season, the ability to shift the paradigm has to be like turning a aircraft carrier 180 degrees--no small feat and not on a dime.

However, Farke has done just that and more. He's instilled a new ethos at the club and the players have fully bought in. As you said, the bond the players have built seems special and it's DF who has given them the space and mentality to build that sense of camaraderie and win as a result.

There's something to be said for the German's steel too--he has a very clear vision of what he wants in a player and person. This makes recruitment much more effective and efficient. He has set his unwavering standards for both the organization and players. With the players, he clearly pushes them to be the best versions of themselves that they can be and look how they have responded. By setting the bar high he's given them something to strive for both as individuals and as a team.

Long may it all continue.
Last edited by AcrossThePondAsh on Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Farke we trust...
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

The point about players taking the kicks and playing on with knocks (that we don't know about as not classed as injuries) is an important one. Particularly for our creative/attacking players, who are on the receiving end of most of the dirty play.

The two games against the cloggers of Preston come to mind. They were taking it in turns to pick up yellow cards for hacking at our forwards. They then subbed those on yellows so their replacement could carry out the physical assaults.

Jimmy of course is the main target of these tactics, so it does make you wonder how many knocks he has been playing through.

I was playing in the opening games of North Yorkshire Walking Football League the previous weekend and they have introduced an interesting way of dealing with persistent fouling. Three blue cards for an individual and they are off. Also the fourth collective card for a team and its a penalty.

The collective idea resulting in a penalty would focus the minds of Cloggers United and give no advantage to subbing players so the subs can contine the kicking.

Hope this week will let our players recover somewhat before Friday night and hope Jimmy along with the rest of our attacking force can run the Foxes ragged. TALLY HO!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:31 pm Well said, WR :clap:

I don't think enough can be said about DF and his impact. For a team and organization that two seasons ago dodged relegation on the last day and were relegated the following season, the ability to shift the paradigm has to be like turning a aircraft carrier 180 degrees--no small feat and not on a dime.

However, Farke has done just that and more. He's instilled a new ethos at the club and the players have fully bought in. As you said, the bond the players have built seems special and it's DF who has given them the space and mentality to build that sense of camaraderie and win as a result.

There's something to be said for the German's steel too--he has a very clear vision of what he wants in a player and person. This makes recruitment much more effective and efficient. He has set his unwavering standards for both the organization and players. With the players, he clearly pushes them to be the best versions of themselves that they can be and look how they have responded. By setting the bar high he's given them something to strive for both as individuals and as a team.

Long may it all continue.
100% Ash :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still concerned about Jimmy.

He hasn't been at his best for a while and today again seemed off it.

No hammering him or anything.

But would be tempted to give him a rest and get James in?
Signed

King Cjay