Leeds Utd 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Chat

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Chat

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds Utd v Brighton
Sunday 15th May@14:00 | Elland Road

Leeds could be missing nine first team players, for the visit of in-form Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday. The Seagulls were in scintillating form last weekend, as they ripped apart Manchester Utd 4-0

Jack Harrison picked up a knock in the 3-0 defeat against Chelsea, and was substituted in favour of Junior Firpo. It was later revealed that the 24yo went for a scan, though we do not know the results of this. According to Phil Hay:-
"it is unlikely that Harrison will be fit for Sunday: “Others are simply injured, like Harrison, who went down in the 37th minute and is probably beyond Marsch’s reach for the meeting with Brighton.”
Raphinha too took a knock, which Hay describes as a 'niggly hamstring' injury, but gave no indication whether he's likely to play at the weekend. Leeds are already without the services of Stuart Dallas (broken leg), Adam Forshaw (frackered knee cap), Luke Ayling (suspended), Daniel James (suspended), Crysencio Summerville (Ankle) and Tyler Roberts (hamstring).

To make matters worse, the 'Premier Injuries' website give Patrick Bamford only has a 25% chance of starting on Sunday. It's not ideal, but Marsch may have to gamble, and throw him on for the last half hour.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Only the Gullable will believe we can win that.
Seriously, not a hope in hell
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Seagulls will be far too good for our weakened team, a bunch of players devoid of any confidence.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Devoid of confidence ? Why ? They should have all the confidence in the world.

They're devoid of skill, a plan, a formation, a clue, etc but they've now got a manager that can apparently instil all the confidence in the world and they're fighting for their Prem survival.

But you might be right coz i've no confidence in him either, we're doomed.
Park that bus ya numpty.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

If he thinks he can win this match with what's available he's a lunatic and we'll get thrashed.

Go for 1pt and pull the shutters down, play both keepers if he can get away with it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I was at the game against brighton when went down from old 1st division, last home game, we went mental, think hird & hampson scored !!
Robinson (I think it was) said it was the best atmosphere he'd ever witnessed at a football match, the Leeds fans were incredible.
We won 2-1, the brighton fans s**tting themselves as we invaded the pitch in celebration, their fans were applauding us, frightened for their lives.
That season ended disastrously as well.
Lets hope we can beat them sunday.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

At least Arsenal lost tonight. That means both them and Tottenham have everything to play for in their remaining two games. Whilst this is welcome news for us and they will be less likely to give away points to Burnley or Everton. It by no means indicates we are much better off as we need to get something out of the Brighton game. I am not particularly confident but this game has the ability to provide a shock when least expected.
Sometimes - even though the life raft is tiny and full of holes it is still worth clinging to.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

lets go 1,4.3,2,1 formation
and then 999 for the ambulance as another Leeds Players wants an early holiday.
My money is on Firpo, another inspired signing ..........
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:24 pm Only the Gullable will believe we can win that.
Seriously, not a hope in hell
Gullable , was he signed by Orta for the under 23's.... shows promise in 20 years I hear...
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

I think much will depend on the result of the early KO.

Away to Spurs. Of course they beat them last time and Spurs played last night.

Lets hope they dont choke with CL qualification in sight like yhey did when theu came to us last season.

If we are still level om points that will give the crowd a lift.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:45 pm Devoid of confidence ? Why ? They should have all the confidence in the world.

They're devoid of skill, a plan, a formation, a clue, etc but they've now got a manager that can apparently instil all the confidence in the world and they're fighting for their Prem survival.

But you might be right coz i've no confidence in him either, we're doomed.
Park that bus ya numpty.
Injuries & suspensions.
No adequate back-up.
Players not good enough.
Lack of goals is a major problem.
Suspect defensively.
Out of form.
Confidence shot.
System not working.
Brighton team are no mugs.

Praying we win the game, sorry I'm not generally negative, but I can't just can't see it. We'll need some luck to grab a point.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

i said a couple of weeks back we would need to play like brazil of 1970 to get out of the drop. Instead weve been playing like a non league team who coudn't care less. thats because half this team the good ones about 3 of them will have new clubs in August. i have the feeling were going down this weekend and it wont even go down to the brentford game.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Has it really come to this ?
After the awful season we have had so far Brighton have only won 3 games more than us .
They aren' t Real Madrid ffs.

1 more point.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:42 am Injuries & suspensions.
No adequate back-up.
Players not good enough.
Lack of goals is a major problem.
Suspect defensively.
Out of form.
Confidence shot.
System not working.
Brighton team are no mugs.

Praying we win the game, sorry I'm not generally negative, but I can't just can't see it. We'll need some luck to grab a point.
Yep we're gonna need all the luck in the world because we've lost absolutely everything, he's gotta forget teaching them any of his ways for now because it's gonna be impossible to get it across in such a short space of time, we are so desperate now that we actually need big Sam of all fcking people to try and drag a point from somewhere and hope Burnley lose.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:37 am Has it really come to this ?
After the awful season we have had so far Brighton have only won 3 games more than us .
They aren' t Real Madrid ffs.

1 more point.
Jeez Ron have you noticed recently the football we're not playing ?

;@)
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 am Jeez Ron have you noticed recently the football we're not playing ?
Yep its been absolutely dire, doesn't mean we cant turn it around and put in a reasonable stab at beating Brighton.
Brighton FFS !!
Since start of the year they've only got 5 points more than us, even after our shitshow.
They've got 23 points from 18 matches and their we are absolutely s**tting ourselves.
1 more point
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Shackleton
Llorente
Cooper
Firpo
Phillips
Raphinha
Rodrigo
Gelhardt
Greenwood
Harrison
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

If Kalvin loves his boyhood club like he says he does then he needs to show it and put in a shift and a half on Sunday!
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Staying up staying up
WE ARE STAYING UP
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Just don't bloody loose :cry:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't