Darko Gyabi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Darko Gyabi

Post by danhirons »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:13 pm Wasn't this guy the one we took of city to ease their FFP?

Yeesh.
pretty sure it was orta insisting on having him, not being forced on us by city - they didn't want to lose him
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:42 pm We should've bit their hand/s off, he's so good that 6 managers have looked at him now and the latest has bought 2 in front of him and probably promoted Shack in front of him as well.

I'll check back in on 01/09/2029
My math is a little rusty, but even I can see that Romeo Lavia, who we were also being linked to at the time, might have been the better option. Not giving up hope yet--as they say in the US, you dance with the one you brought :oops:
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:57 pm My math is a little rusty, but even I can see that Romeo Lavia, who we were also being linked to at the time, might have been the better option. Not giving up hope yet--as they say in the US, you dance with the one you brought :oops:
You don't think DF wanted to keep him then? ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:02 pm You don't think DF wanted to keep him then? ...
I apologize, Sub, as my post was referring more to dollar amounts than DF's preferences. As I've continued to be impressed with nearly every decision Farke has made thus far, I'm going to trust this too.

Additionally, while his few showing in preseason and the cup weren't his best work, he's been a boos for the U21s and captaining the England U20s speaks for itself too.
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:38 pm I apologize, Sub, as my post was referring more to dollar amounts than DF's preferences. As I've continued to be impressed with nearly every decision Farke has made thus far, I'm going to trust this too.

Additionally, while his few showing in preseason and the cup weren't his best work, he's been a boos for the U21s and captaining the England U20s speaks for itself too.
It says a lot we could have gotten most if not all our money back and Farke said no...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Exactly! He's obviously seeing something in practice and off the pitch that we aren't privy to--something I always place a lot of stock in. I know performances and results are supposed to speak for themselves, and they do to a point, but there's a lot of intangibles that we as fans just can't ever know.

Plus that's why he gets paid the big bucks :)
In Farke we trust...
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:40 pm It says a lot we could have gotten most if not all our money back and Farke said no...
He’s also including him in the match day squad. While I realize we’ve been threadbare, it does seem to indicate an affinity from Farke…just easing him in the squad slowly.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Farke didn't want to keep Gyabi.

Phil has already said the club were perfectly happy for him to leave on deadline day but the move wasn't finalised.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

I feel a bit sorry for guys like Gyabi. I think I saw his first game for Leeds when they toured Australia and he looked the goods that night. But he’s now played very little for 12 months. You have to wonder if these youngsters would be better off getting 40 games under their belts in League 1 at their age?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I don't want to lose Gyabi, he's a promising talent, there is something amiss, without game time we'll never know, although we don't see him day to day like the coaches do.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Talk of a loan move to Plymouth
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

:clapp:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

he cost £ 5 million. would only get £1m today so perhaps best to loan him out for the rest of the season and hopefully 100% of his wages paid and he plays well and raised his value so we can make a smaller loss at the end of the season. Cannot believe we paid £5m for a player which had never player in the first team
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Can't believe we paid £5M for a player who hasn't been given a proper chance :duno: Oh hang on a minute, yes I can believe it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good luck to the lad.

One of the most baffling signings ever.

Hopefully can develop at Plymouth
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:03 pm
Good luck to the lad.

Phil Hay had reported earlier that the loan wuld be contingent on a future 5 million commitment. Assuming that this is only a loan. If so, hope he has a good run. Hope he proves himself.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Darko Gyabi- Joins Plymouth on loan

Post by Kennyb41 »

'hasn't been given a chance' :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:03 pm
Good luck to the lad.

I rate him, I think Bielsa did too, ditto Cresswell . The management changes haven't been kind to them. It happens, I'm ok with a loan and hope he settles.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Obviously seen as s replacement for Finn Azaz who has gone to Boro.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

'Baffling' it ain't, unless that is you find at least 30 odd others baffling as well.

;@)