Loan Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Loan Watch

Post by Cjay »

It is getting more and more likely every passing week that many members of the cowardly crew will be forced to return next season (if we are promoted of course)

German media today reporting it is "highly unlikely" Borussia Mönchengladbach will take up the buy option for Max Wober in the summer.

Rasmus Kristensen and Diego Llorente have a chance of Roma buying them but it's far from certain with Italian media reporting a permanent deal for Kristensen is very unlikely and Roma seemingly undecided on Llorente.

Brendan Aaronson has practically no chance of Union Berlin buying him , he has 1 goal only and has played less than 10 matches worth of minutes all season. A flop again.

Marc Roca seems to have the best chance as he has done well for Real Betis.

Jack Harrison is really popular with Dyche but the fans have completely turned on him, it seems highly unlikely Everton will have the money for him anyway but the fans want him gone.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:31 pm It is getting more and more likely every passing week that many members of the cowardly crew will be forced to return next season (if we are promoted of course)

German media today reporting it is "highly unlikely" Borussia Mönchengladbach will take up the buy option for Max Wober in the summer.

Rasmus Kristensen and Diego Llorente have a chance of Roma buying them but it's far from certain with Italian media reporting a permanent deal for Kristensen is very unlikely and Roma seemingly undecided on Llorente.

Brendan Aaronson has practically no chance of Union Berlin buying him , he has 1 goal only and has played less than 10 matches worth of minutes all season. A flop again.

Marc Roca seems to have the best chance as he has done well for Real Betis.

Jack Harrison is really popular with Dyche but the fans have completely turned on him, it seems highly unlikely Everton will have the money for him anyway but the fans want him gone.
What a shower the lot of them, I for one wouldn't want to see them anywhere near the first team. Still haven't forgiven Willy for his childish outburst, would rather see James in the side doing well, a proper team player.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The above reads like an Obituary.

"The bodies shall be cremated, and The Ashes returned to Spain"

The Sporting Times : Of this day the 13th day of March in the year of 2024.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Johnthewhite wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:08 pm What a shower the lot of them, I for one wouldn't want to see them anywhere near the first team. Still haven't forgiven Willy for his childish outburst, would rather see James in the side doing well, a proper team player.
Agree John, draw a line and somehow get rid.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Will need a supercharged spreadsheet on steroids to make the numbers work out.

Don’t want to see any of them again …. Though suspect 1 or 2 were pushed into loan deals by us. Did Wober go or was he pushed out
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

All those players that left the Club have devalued themselves in the eyes of Leeds United fans - I don't mean in terms of money but in terms of respect - and that is, in my estimation, unrecoverable; things can never be the same ever again no matter what happens now going forward.

There's not one of them that would get into our current team in any case
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Pullhard wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:12 pm Will need a supercharged spreadsheet on steroids to make the numbers work out.

Don’t want to see any of them again …. Though suspect 1 or 2 were pushed into loan deals by us. Did Wober go or was he pushed out
They were all pushed in a financial sense due to the contract situation. I don't blame any of them for leaving. However that said I think most of them would have jumped ship regardless. I wouldn't want any of them back, not because of them leaving like they did but because they were crap. Wober the worst of the lot though as he said he was staying and then left.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Putting sentimentality aside for one minute. We all know football is a business.

Let’s take Wober in isolation. His initial desire to stay with the club following relegation may have been a genuine state of mind. However, when you look at the players seeking an exodus during the summer - I am sure they were all speaking to each other he may have looked at the landscape differently when an offer comes in, whereby he has an option to play in Germany. Weighed it up against the probability of the club getting promotion and considered the best career option.

Every player with a release clause option took up the offer.
With the exception of Firpo. I am pretty sure if he had been fit and had an offer I suspect he would have packed pronto as well. Even Gnonto who has now been welcomed back into the fold by many, wanted out initially.

So back to Wober - I am not convinced that DF will want to dispense with him. Cooper is out of contract. He fills a vacant hole - I think much depends on whether other acceptable offers come in. He is rated in Germany as a result of this season so there is a strong likelihood that might be the case. Personally, If he returned to the squad I wouldn’t dust off my pitchfork.

The rest do not add to the squad as it stands. So I would expect them to be sold or loaned out again to offset the potential loss if offers are derogatory.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:42 pm Putting sentimentality aside for one minute. We all know football is a business.
I agree. It's a business and each player will be handled individually. Kinnear did make reference to a couple of people back in September who he implied wouldn't be welcome back. Sinsiterra and (I think) Adams
DDB220 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:42 pm Wober - I am not convinced that DF will want to dispense with him. Cooper is out of contract. He fills a vacant hole - I think much depends on whether other acceptable offers come in. He is rated in Germany as a result of this season so there is a strong likelihood that might be the case. Personally, If he returned to the squad I wouldn’t dust off my pitchfork.

The rest do not add to the squad as it stands. So I would expect them to be sold or loaned out again to offset the potential loss if offers are derogatory.
Wober looked a decent player when he arrived. He caused a stir by saying he was up for the fight this season. Then buggered off. But I don't remember there being much noise about it. Farke will make his own choice based on ability and their short relationship. I'd certainly be ok with having him back since we're so light on defensive numbers. Byram, Ayling, Cooper, Dallas all out of contract. Firpo one year remaining. Rodon and Roberts only here on loan. Doesn't leave much. Cresswell and Strujik only I believe - Gray, Ampadu and Shackleton being midfielders.

I'd also be fine having Harrison back. He seemed to leave on good terms. He's had 4 seasons in the premier league now. The one issue with him is he plays in a position where we're already pretty strong.

But we need several signings if we're in the premier league. We often can't fill a bench now. In addition to expiring contracts, there are a handful that haven't established themselves in the championship, let alone be ready to form the base of a championship squad. With that, it would only seem logical to take a serious look at players out on loan who we already own the rights to.

Oh and Aaronson. We're probably stuck with him. He'll be alright on the bench.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Here's the full list of loanees:

Harrison
Aaronson
Kirstenssen
Llorente
Wober
Roca
Gyabi

Out of Contract:
Greenwood
Drameh
Ayling
Poveda
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:31 am I'd also be fine having Harrison back. He seemed to leave on good terms. He's had 4 seasons in the premier league now. The one issue with him is he plays in a position where we're already pretty strong.
Jack isn't setting the world alight at Everton, criticised by their fans for his inconsistency.

4 goals, 3 assists in 28 appearances.

Would Summerville, Gnonto or James give us as much or more in the Premier League?
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

This is yet another one of those threads based on the fact that we do get promoted and what do the loaned out players give us in terms of an upgrade. Lets wait and see what league we are in come the start of next season.
If we dont get promoted how many of our current side will be here next season ? Impossible to answer that correctly. We may have to start again and add new players to build another team.
As some have said we may be stuck with a few of the players that went out on loan but that decision is something that Farke will have to work through and we will just have to wait and see which of them, if any he thinks can do a job for us. Farke has shown us already this season that he wont be messed about so if any of them do come back and he sticks with them, then regardless of what we think, we have to go with his decision, it is after all much better than ours :)
Regarding Harrison, i dont give a s**t what Everton fans think of him, its what the manager thinks and to date he seems to have played in most, if not all their games. So can he be really as bad as some are saying. I'm sure Everton fans are quite similar to ours in that they find a player/players to hate then just go full on about them. I dont think Harrison would make our current team any better but he wouldnt be the worst to have to bring on as back up, in this league.
I wonder how many of the players that went out on loan/ jumped ship actually are looking forward to coming back ? I wouldnt think too many of them are overly keen to be honest.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'm very happy and confident to let DF handle each and everyone of them, and to decide what HE wants to do with each.

Out of that list, there is only one that might help, and even that's 50/50 with the way DF plays - Wober.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Bournemouth score 4 goals, so i go to see how many goals or assists Sinisterra got - Answer : He was hooked on 47mins and did jack.

I wonder if the last remaining Orta clown can point me in the direction of how many are ripping up trees anywhere, and a profit and loss sheet please on the £gazillions we've made selling players on :roll:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:31 am Jack isn't setting the world alight at Everton, criticised by their fans for his inconsistency.

4 goals, 3 assists in 28 appearances.

Would Summerville, Gnonto or James give us as much or more in the Premier League?
You're putting a lot of faith into the Everton supporters opinions. Mobs tend to be wrong almost 100% of the time...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jack Harrison didn't seem to be the sort of character that is given to be shouting from the rooftops when he was with us. However, he he's had plenty to say (as has his mum!) about how delighted he was to sign on with and to be playing at Everton after his loan move. Didn't say it in so many words but he has made it abundantly clear he was more than happy to escape Leeds. All this against the chaos that there was at Leeds United as the rats jumped ship in the Summer and the fans being in utter despair.

I get that JH has some very shoddy treatment by Leeds United from January 2023 when he was almost shipped off to Leicester and by the end of last season after a horrendous few months I can understand him looking for pastures new.

As it turns out, and the we are going this season, we don't need Jack Harrison, and if he was still with us he'd be down the pecking order for getting any game time. A decent game in every 10 games or so is no good to us thanks. He really should have kept his trap shut

Can't imagine any club knocking on our door wanting to buy him so he's likely to be heading back in the Summer :x
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Pullhard wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:12 pm Will need a supercharged spreadsheet on steroids to make the numbers work out.

there is no way Wober was pushed. DF had said Wober was to be the captain for this season
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

GreennWhite wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:25 am This is yet another one of those threads based on the fact that we do get promoted and what do the loaned out players give us in terms of an upgrade. Lets wait and see what league we are in come the start of next season.
If we dont get promoted how many of our current side will be here next season ? Impossible to answer that correctly. We may have to start again and add new players to build another team.
As some have said we may be stuck with a few of the players that went out on loan but that decision is something that Farke will have to work through and we will just have to wait and see which of them, if any he thinks can do a job for us. Farke has shown us already this season that he wont be messed about so if any of them do come back and he sticks with them, then regardless of what we think, we have to go with his decision, it is after all much better than ours :)
Regarding Harrison, i dont give a s**t what Everton fans think of him, its what the manager thinks and to date he seems to have played in most, if not all their games. So can he be really as bad as some are saying. I'm sure Everton fans are quite similar to ours in that they find a player/players to hate then just go full on about them. I dont think Harrison would make our current team any better but he wouldnt be the worst to have to bring on as back up, in this league.
I wonder how many of the players that went out on loan/ jumped ship actually are looking forward to coming back ? I wouldnt think too many of them are overly keen to be honest.
BTW we are being promoted this season
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:17 pm We'd have to keep them if no buyers or loans. We couldn't afford to sell at a loss, or we'd be in danger of failing ffp and probably have to offload Archie Gray to prevent the threat of a points deduction.
Hope we are talking to agents representing Saudi clubs for these players out on loan so we can obtain decent money in the summer as we will not want them when we are promoted
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:39 am I'm very happy and confident to let DF handle each and everyone of them, and to decide what HE wants to do with each.

Out of that list, there is only one that might help, and even that's 50/50 with the way DF plays - Wober.
LIkewise if we go up then I'm happy to support any player Farke wants to keep.

The big difference though, for the likes of Wober, is that we wouldn't be in the same situation as in being desperate to keep players as we couldn't get better than them in the championship.Farke may have seen Wober as someone he wanted to keep as he thought he couldn't get better to come to us in the championship but if we are in the prem we have far greater pulling power and should be able to attract better players than Wober or others who left on loan.

Hopefully we can get some decent money in for them and Farke will be able to re-invest it and bring in better.