Brighton 1-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread / Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
lufcconnor

Re: Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Marsch names unchanged starting XI

Post by lufcconnor »

Consistency would be nice. Onto the next one.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:00 pm Sounds like they had us on toast.
Not unexpected but we won't be that poor every week.
Move on.
We'll have them on toast when they visit Elland Road! :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:07 pm We'll have them on toast when they visit Elland Road! :)
Yep.

Our lads should be more settled by then.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Poor viewing on MOTD, looked like we had 2 half chances all game - very frustrating that we still can’t string performances together - time to get James out of the team for me, done next to sod all in a Leeds shirt and confusing why he continues to be picked - sinesterra must come in on Tuesday.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:00 pm Far too young & inexperienced to throw in Archie against a physical Brighton team, especially away from home too
I meant earlier in the season where there's not much riding on games. If we end up in a relegation battle, then we won't be handing out debuts.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:33 pm Poor viewing on MOTD, looked like we had 2 half chances all game - very frustrating that we still can’t string performances together - time to get James out of the team for me, done next to sod all in a Leeds shirt and confusing why he continues to be picked - sinesterra must come in on Tuesday.
Agree, if Spurs want James get shot! What has he ever done for us.....

By the way, what was that kit we played in today. Make no wonder the players couldn't find each other.....awful awful kit :x
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Is it too late to jump on the Pulisic to Leeds bandwagon???
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Well, i've been brought back down to earth again after premature ejaculation v Chelsea.

Yes we could've scored, but BHA should've scored even more, i'm not sure where i am now in the relegation stakes, suppose it's 50/50 maybe better.

Versus CHelsea, it was there in all it's glory, 1 game later v BHA and it shows its weakness's, i'm not sure how we'll go on now teams are analysing it, in our favour i think playing at Elland Rd will be miles better than away.

Biggest worry from yesterday was how terrible we were in possession, followed closely by how exposed we left ourselves when hunting the ball, there were also a lot of poor individual performances yesterday, BHA probably did this, but that is also worrying how easy they did it.

It's still early days, EFC will not play with the ball like Chelsea and will hit us on the break, we are a team that wants to smash and grab like we did against Chelsea, EFC won't do that so it's gonna be another good test.

It's funny, after being pretty confident we could do BHA, i think EFC are slight favs going into Tues, possibly us coz we're at home.

Worried again now though, mainly coz we're gonna get analysed, all our eggs are in one basket and we don't look confident on the ball or going forward.

SAra was right to stay quiet, albeit forced.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:06 am Is it too late to jump on the Pulisic to Leeds bandwagon???
I don't think it'll happen Paul although i'd welcome it.

Meslier was by far our mom and no fcker else full stop.

But when the ball was at his feet or in his hands, it's like BHA just thought...'ok then just have it, we'll get back into position to get it from you coz you ain't a fcking clue what to do with it anyway'

And that's not good, it means we nullify ourselves as a threat if somebody flummoxes us like that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Brighton 1-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread / Post Match Debate

Post by VinnysTattoo »

No way we are going to get consistent this early in the season given the changes in the side.

We are bound to have highs and lows, certainly through the first half of the season, but we are in a better position than I expected after four games.

My only fear is the club thinks it will get away with no more signings. It seems it’s a case of “we’re doing OK so it looks like we don’t need anyone else” type scenario.

Of course there are no guarantees if we do get one or two in but to do nothing seems folly.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:35 am Well, i've been brought back down to earth again after premature ejaculation v Chelsea.

Yes we could've scored, but BHA should've scored even more, i'm not sure where i am now in the relegation stakes, suppose it's 50/50 maybe better.
4 games , Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1. Lost to a decent Brighton team - a team that will beat better teams than us. Away from home too. And you think we're 50/50 on relegation? :roflmao:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:53 pm Agree, if Spurs want James get shot! What has he ever done for us.....

By the way, what was that kit we played in today. Make no wonder the players couldn't find each other.....awful awful kit :x
Exactly, there’s some expectation that if we play him enough he will come good but he has had a lot of game time some of it out of position but if he was that good he would still find a way to impact a match - you always know when you can pinpoint a players one good match(villa away) that their performances the majority of the time are just not memorable.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Because of where I work and live, ie the North West, I get chance to ask scum fans about James.

The most positive thing is “fast” the rest is not so complimentary.

Roberts was a blind spot for Bielsa, I hope James is not the same for Marsch.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:43 am 4 games , Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1. Lost to a decent Brighton team - a team that will beat better teams than us. Away from home too. And you think we're 50/50 on relegation? :roflmao:
We're gonna get sussed, i'm wondering about our response to it and if we have one.

I'll grant ya 60/40, BHA have shown teams a lot.

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Once again I couldn’t get a decent stream so had to resort to listening on the radio, consequently I will not be able to offer any ratings etc.

Whilst it sounded like a very disappointing match from our point of view, it’s not the end of the world. I think we’ve taken a couple of steps forward this season and whilst yesterday was a step back, all in all, we’re still ahead compared to last season’s dire performance.

Everton on Tuesday will now be a very important game in terms of the rest of the season. If we can come back strong then all will be well, if not…

I hope the authorities haven’t hit upon a way to rein us in and disrupt our pressing game by instructing refs to hit us with 2 or 3 soft bookings early. But by all accounts that is exactly what the ref did yesterday.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:10 am

I hope the authorities haven’t hit upon a way to rein us in and disrupt our pressing game by instructing refs to hit us with 2 or 3 soft bookings early. But by all accounts that is exactly what the ref did yesterday.
Interesting point of view, I was wondering if the refs poor display yesterday was simply, he was doing what he had been instructed by the PL after we had a decent ref and battered a London club??? or Am I paranoid??
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
hector

Post by hector »

velo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:39 am Interesting point of view, I was wondering if the refs poor display yesterday was simply, he was doing what he had been instructed by the PL after we had a decent ref and battered a London club??? or Am I paranoid??
Of course you are paranoid... :P :P

But it doesn't mean you are wrong in this instance...
:) :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Bookies have us 11/10 favs v EFC

Draw 9/4

Efc 5/2

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

velo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:39 am Interesting point of view, I was wondering if the refs poor display yesterday was simply, he was doing what he had been instructed by the PL after we had a decent ref and battered a London club??? or Am I paranoid??
I wouldn’t worry Velo most Leeds fans are paranoid and with plenty of justification over the years.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Brighton are a very good side. A bad day at the office for us. Just as it was important not to get carried away by last week's performance, it's just as important not to get carried away by this week's.

On to Everton. If we continue to take seven points from every four games we'll end up taking 65 for the year.