Leeds Utd 1-1 Everton Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd 1-1 Everton Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Tuesday 30th August 8.00pm | Elland Road

Leeds will be without the services of Liam Cooper and Patrick Bamford for the visit of Everton on Tuesday evening. The Birthday boy (Cooper) picked up a calf injury during the first half of the Carabao Cup win against Barnsley last week, and subsequently missed the 1-0 loss at Brighton. Although minor, Jesse Marsch didn't want to suggest a comeback date for the Leeds skipper. Bamford too is out. He is still being treated for a groin injury he picked up against Wolves on the opening game of the season.

Ayling (knee), Firpo (knee), Dallas (leg) will also be missing, though both full backs are expected to resume full training next week. Fans can expect a much longer leave of absence for the Northern Ireland star. Marsch's recent comments will not enthral Whites fans; “Then Stuart Dallas, I saw on the pitch today, moving around a little bit. So that was an exciting moment for us.”

Although a disappointing performance at the weekend, Jesse Marsch is unlikely to make many, if any changes to the Leeds line up. Winless Everton Langrish in 18th place, 13 places below the Whites. They lost their two opening games of the season against Chelsea and Villa, but have picked up draws against Forest and Brentford.

Under fire Manager Frank Lampard may throw Neil Maupay (£15m from Brighton) straight into the starting line up, at the expense of £20m Summer signing Dwight McNeil (from Burnley). Dominic Calvert Lewin's is injured, and 'the fat one' is desperate for goals. Centre back Mason Holgate picked up a knock against Brentford, and is rated doubtful.

Be more secure streaming games this season! Get NordVPN with 68% off + 3 months free...

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Maupay always scores against us 🥺
But if we can't beat them it will be considered a poor result imo. How they scraped a draw against Brentford I will never know. Brentford hit the woodwork three times and had a couple of glaring misses. Anthony Gordon and Demari Gray will pose a threat with their pace.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

It’s always important to bounce back after a loss.
There Is Only One United.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Important to win not just because it's after a defeat but also it's against a team 'in our league ' . We should be expecting a win at home against this lot ...a defeat will be a major blow and knock the confidence.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

If we sell Dan James to them, we will deffo win: https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/tott ... io-romano/

In all seriousness, if we don't beat these, we are in trouble...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Going to be a tough game this.

They will allow us as much of the ball as we want and keep their shape

So the fans will need to be patient
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

£35m for Maupay and O Neill ?

Have we departed company with our clown?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfq1Xi ... edOfficial

Asked about increasing the squad he used the very carefully chosen words.

" optimistic and active"
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:24 pm Maupay always scores against us 🥺
But if we can't beat them it will be considered a poor result imo. How they scraped a draw against Brentford I will never know. Brentford hit the woodwork three times and had a couple of glaring misses. Anthony Gordon and Demari Gray will pose a threat with their pace.
Thought Gordon showed promise last season. Against Brentford he looked s**t hot. Looks quite a player now.

Brentford should have beat them easy. That was their second lucky draw I've seen. They still worry me though. Lots of established players in their squad. They just keep buying more. We should beat them. Player for player they're better. But their manager is want.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Everton LIVE.....

Post by 1964white »

Thanks Swannie, I'll record it

I'll watch it again sometime on Wednesday.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Thanks beautiful Swan, it'll be 2am KO where i am so -

1. I'll be coming home bladdered at gawd knows what time (depends when i go out, which is usually about 5pm)

I have option to fall asleep and set alarm for 1.45am, that being sensible, which i don't like, and i'll probably say fck off to the alarm anyway.

2. Fall asleep full stop and try and find a re run tomorrow.

3. (which i think i'm gonna try) Stay out as long as possible and come home absolutely wankered around 1.45am, have a nice smoke, then come on here with my expert analysis for all those that are dependant on the thread for info.

ps

It'll probably be 3. but i'll fall asleep wit tele on, miss the match completely, then trawl through here myself.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Gotta funny feeling PB is gonna play a part tonight.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds United boss Jesse Marsch has been speaking to the media before the home game against Everton on Tuesday.

Here are the key lines from his news conference:

Marsch says it is vital "play to their strengths", having accused some of his side of being guilty of "freestyling" in the 1-0 loss to Brighton in their last match. He added: "My goal is always to have an entire squad that is very clear in their roles and ready to execute and perform at all moments. Certainly this week will be a test of that."

The American says Leeds remain "optimistic and active" ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

Midfielder Mateusz Klich and winger Luis Sinisterra are both being considered for recalls after coming on against the Seagulls. Marsch said: "We think both are in good form; Klichy is clearly 100 per cent fit and Luis is getting more and more fit so I think both will be candidates for the starting XI."

Captain Liam Cooper (Achilles and calf) and forward Patrick Bamford (adductor) could also return. "We'll see how Liam Cooper's doing; Patrick Bamford will be really close for that match, so we should have options," said the Leeds boss.

Marsch said he is is still getting to grips with the demands of the Premier League schedule. He said: "When I came to this league, I knew this was going to be a big challenge, how to perform game in and game out, week in and week out with so many matches. It's one of the reasons that we've tried to build a bigger squad, so that we're ready to rotate."

;@)
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I have BT Sport as part of my Sky package so I'll be watching...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:24 pm .....on BT sport 1. Programme starts @ 7.00 pm
One for the mute button I think.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:38 am I have BT Sport as part of my Sky package so I'll be watching...
How did you manage that? They didn’t offer that to me when I renewed my contract.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Jaydog wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:54 am How did you manage that? They didn’t offer that to me when I renewed my contract.
My sons account so I cannot answer that! I use 2 of his 6 'allowed' devices. My main PC and my laptop :) My main PC is attached to my big screen, my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett) running my JBL studio monitors. It was just something he was offered this summer: maybe because he's been with both for years: I don't know...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:52 am One for the mute button I think.
Definitely with the stats man & a female in the commentary box, that's before we consider the trio of pundits :roll:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:38 am Definitely with the stats man & a female in the commentary box, that's before we consider the trio of pundits :roll:
If it’s Lucy Ward she’s the most knowledgeable but if it’s Finnis-Brown and Karney, then no thanks.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Talking of commentators, the one who did the Newcastle game on MOTD was abysmal.
He dropped letters off the end of his words, Yorkshire/Lancashire style.
He called Chris Wood - Chris Woods and told the viewers his opinion on a passage of play rather than just relaying what had happened.
A complete t**t.