Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:26 pm Same old craic. This squad has needed a good cull and strengthening for a few seasons, but Radz co are just hoping and praying to finish 17th again.

Job done, lovely jubbly :(

Jesse was full of needing a striker, LB, etc, on the tour down under. Then met with Radz who told him "No mate" and the craic changed to Junior n Paddy will be back soon, squad's looking good, blah, blah.

Radz "Good lad Jesse, keep it shtum, or you're gonna be the next Scott Parker down the Dole office".
And both down Top Man for extra skinny jeans
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:18 pm Yeah, sounds about right and we're back to the same stuff we've talked about for ages.

Need to get a LB, didn't bother.
Need to get a striker, didn't bother.
Cover for DCM, didn't bother.
Roll on January :lol:

Firpo is like a new signing
Bamford is like a new signing
Forshaw is like a new signing
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:26 pm Same old craic. This squad has needed a good cull and strengthening for a few seasons, but Radz co are just hoping and praying to finish 17th again.

Jesse was full of needing a striker, LB, etc, on the tour down under. Then met with Radz who told him "No mate" and the craic changed to Junior n Paddy will be back soon, squad's looking good, blah, blah.

Radz "Good lad Jesse, keep it shtum, or you're gonna be the next Scott Parker down the Dole office".
We are so tinpot, James.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

:tup:

You won't find disagreeing pal. A few on here will though. :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A definite red card imo

Screenshot 2022-10-09 21.43.33.png
Screenshot 2022-10-09 21.43.33.png (340.76 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:44 pm A definite red card imo

Screenshot 2022-10-09 21.43.33.png
Shocker of a tackle. I think some intent in it too
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:55 pm To be fair to Marsch I do not think he is doing a bad job. The Brentford game aside we haven’t been turned over this season. Game management has question marks but the problem we have, as many point out, is the bench. From an attacking perspective we are relying on players who have hardly played any mins other than the odd cameo appearance. You really need game time at this level to get to the level required providing you have the talent. 10 mins here or there usually when the team is on the back foot does nothing for confidence.

Arsenal blooded their young starlets early doors on a regular basis, ie Saka, Martinelli and Smith-Rowe. The first two are now the first names on the team sheet. I am not suggesting ours are in the same class but we will never know, because they are not given a proper opportunity. The club hierarchy bang on about the young talent been the reason for not needing to sign another striker. Marsch needs to man up and make it clear they are not good enough if that is the case.

Not sure if Marsch is a yes man, but he should be banging on Radz door everyday and spelling out that we are at least two to three players short.
Good post :tup:

Unfortunately I think Jesse is a yes man, or rather as he has said himself "a company guy".

He has worked in the rigid structure of the Red Bull network for years where a coach has very little say on squad and transfers.

I thought when he said his piece on Gnonto I had him wrong, he was honest and gave his opinion that he wasn't ready yet for the Premier League.

Unfortunately after we signed him and clearly the boss had a word he did a total switch and said he definitely was

Lost a bit of respect there.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:02 pm This is the one I saw when I watched the game SG.
They both had similar Dave.

Bamford was 2nd half I think when he turned the defender and sprinted away and had 1 defender and 2 of our lads to the left.

A ball in the space between defender and goalie would likely have allowed one of our men over a shot.

He dallied and dallied and then was fouled.

Rodders was similar but rather than fouled decided to slow it down and do some stepovers?

Edit- Actually I think I Bamford was 1st half and Rodders was 2nd

And come to think of it I think both of them were down the right so needed there right foot to play the simple pass.

Both are very left footed and that is probably why they didn't.

Poor show
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Thought we tried to sign a striker but he went to good team instead.

Then we tried another and he decided to stay at good team

But noone likes us, we dont care.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:18 pm We have more quality than that. Aaronson. What a run for the goal. How many players tried to hack him down. We were easily the equal of Palace. This was no Brentford s**t show, silly errors cost us the game
It’s all opinions, but I have to disagree with you.

That second half was a total s**t show, and for that matter, missing the rare but good chances we had was a s**t show, the goals we conceded were a s**t show and our set pieces were a complete and embarrassing s**t show. I could add more, but you get the picture.

My fear is that it is Marsch that ultimately is the s**t show here. I hope not, but he needs to show a way forward and fix this quickly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:49 pm Shocker of a tackle. I think some intent in it too
Another moment that would have changed the game had Dacoure been red carded.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Who is this Noone? If he’s any good can we sign him?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:14 pm It’s all opinions, but I have to disagree with you.

That second half was a total s**t show, and for that matter, missing the rare but good chances we had was a s**t show, the goals we conceded were a s**t show and our set pieces were a complete and embarrassing s**t show. I could add more, but you get the picture.

My fear is that it is Marsch that ultimately is the s**t show here. I hope not, but he needs to show a way forward and fix this quickly.
That’s a load of s**t mate tbh
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

What exactly is the discussion between Aaronson & Harrison over free kicks & corners. And tapping of the head. What is that. The tap head rub tummy thing we used to do as kids.
Why doesn’t Aaronson say to Harrison “Harrison” “Yes Aaronson” “kick the f**king ball over the first defender” “what’s a defender”
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:17 pm That’s a load of s**t mate tbh
Classy, I could just as easily have said that to you.

Obviously happy with how things are going - deluded!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:23 pm Classy, I could just as easily have said that to you.

Obviously happy with how things are going - deluded!
😂that’s a joke Boo. Come on mate, keep up.
Banter. s**t show. It’s a load of s**t. Oh god I give up
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Jimang wrote:I thought first half hour we were excellent today, but the second half performance was shocking. The fitness seems to be lacking, teams are realising if they can stay with us first half they can take over in the second.
Worry for me is we are not getting enough points from what you would consider the bottom half teams. We still have most of the top six teams to come.
Twice !!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:25 pm 😂that’s a joke Boo. Come on mate, keep up.
Banter. s**t show. It’s a load of s**t. Oh god I give up
Ok, my bad. It didn’t read that way to me, but I am so fed up after that s**t today you’ll have to bear with me :roll: :tup:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:29 pm Ok, my bad. It didn’t read that way to me, but I am so fed up after that s**t today you’ll have to bear with me :roll: :tup:
That is the trouble with a forum. Some comments can easily be misinterpreted. You mentioned s**t 5 times so I said that’s a load of s**t mate. See. Humour.
We have to keep a sense of humour as Leeds fans don’t we.