Leicester City 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandbach
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Ellandbach »

I really wanted Jessie to do well for us but it's clear he's a one trick pony. For one third of the season we might do OK with his system against the big boys home and away with the odd good performance and maybe the odd 3 points, but the rest of the season? The teams around us know how easy it is to play against us but unfortunately Jessie doesn't seem to be able to counteract that. That's the most frustrating part of all of this. He's like General Melchet in Blackadder. Let's not change anything because the enemy will never suspect that! It's embarrassing and nowhere more so than last night. A depleted Leicester didn't have to do much. They were able to stroll about and watch us beat ourselves, again. We all know it. They all know it. Jessie doesn't seem to know it. In some respects it's similar to last season. We're just not lucky enough to get away with it twice. The board aren't blameless in this but where we are with what we have is down to bad team selection, baffling substitutions and a blind faith in motivational speak. Omnishambles.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Leicester City 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Thread

Post by WhiteRose »

Feel bereft this morning, we are hopelessly screwed, I honestly at this point wouldn’t be surprised if we went down with 9 points we are that bad, certainly won’t make 20 points.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Why make an additional change at the back on top of the enforced one after we had conceded only two goals in our last three games. Llorente returning totally unsettled Koch, our best CB this season.

What has that change & subbing done for Robin's confidence?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

For all those saying the three stooges need to go, please get real. They hold all the cards and will go when it suits them, that's always been the nature of club ownership. It's managers and players who get shipped out, we all know that. I'd love an owner with some genuine, but not reckless, ambition but that will only happen when it suits Radz. As for Marsch, him and his system have been found out, we are so easy to play against. Time for a change
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Siqu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:55 am Tired of hearing how we play well but 0 pts.
We shot bambi last season. So we Gotta give JM a chance,
If we are bottom by end of the year id be tempted to give dyche a call...
Our attack has been short for years now. I cant fathom our continual denial and refusal to bring in a danny ings or dias.
Its a 6 pointer this weekend coming up. If only wr had a mitrovic up front. He will be licking his lips after seeing this!
The same Mitrovich that flopped the last time Fulham were in the prem? 27 games 3 goals...?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

We have a good recent record v Fulham plus home advantage. Presumably a less lunatic selection and it’ll be 3 points. There’s some overrated teams in the Prem in false positions including Fulham
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

watching the highlights and again watching the goals, it's shocking to see how for their 2 goals Firpo, Kristensen, Adams etc. all jogging back rather than busting a gut to get back - which in both cases may have stopped the goals. Firpo in general just seems to jog around
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:48 am The same Mitrovich that flopped the last time Fulham were in the prem? 27 games 3 goals...?
The same one with 8 goals in 10 this season.

Tbh i wouldnt be shocked if even Maupay scored a hat trick against us unless we sort the defense out
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:48 am The same Mitrovich that flopped the last time Fulham were in the prem? 27 games 3 goals...?
I'm sorry Faaip, but wtf has that got to do with the price of eggs ???

He's been playing just fine this year, a new manager, a new system to suit him ? It baffles me to see you use last time as a comparison when there's no comparison to be had, in fact it highlights he either learned a lot or the new manager is having a good influence on him or the new style of play works for him.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:20 pm I’d love to feel he’d been brilliant Ian but he was seriously poor.

Poor in possession, positionally poor in defence, lost sight of the ball on occasion when involved in play, sorry, he’s a dud for me.

Individual errors in the middle of the park stem from our insistence on playing out from the back without the skill or flair to do it successfully.

Every long ball defeats our game plan - you’re right about Jesse.
Carricks absolutely right Ian, Jesus if you didn't know already about Firpo last night showed you all you needed to see, he was dreadful, and dreadful in everyway, and anybody that thinks Bert wanted this guy bought must need their head examining, Bert was a defender himself ffs (i think)...there's just no way at all Bert would've wanted to be in the same defence as this nutter.

I was a defender myself and he is utter garbage, i've tried my best to find a bit of good in him but he's 95% shite and 5% clueless, there's just nothing in there but shite.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Siqu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:28 pm The same one with 8 goals in 10 this season.

Tbh i wouldnt be shocked if even Maupay scored a hat trick against us unless we sort the defense out
Yep which proves that maybe bar 2 or 3 worldies, there's no such thing as a proven striker. All players have career ups and downs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am Why make an additional change at the back on top of the enforced one after we had conceded only two goals in our last three games. Llorente returning totally unsettled Koch, our best CB this season.

The lineup was absurd.

The feeling I got when it was announced was that Jesse was looking ahead to Sunday with his selections. To me, he viewed Fulham as the must win and Leicester as any kind of result would be nice but it's an opportunity to experiment.

Trouble is, he shouldn't be experimenting at this point unless he has a comfortable lead. The team is struggling with consistency and continuity so introducing those changes was lunacy.

Now he has a must win in spades on Sunday. He's playing for his job.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am Why make an additional change at the back on top of the enforced one after we had conceded only two goals in our last three games. Llorente returning totally unsettled Koch, our best CB this season.

Cooper rested due to 3 in 8. Made no sense. Play him then rest him on Sunday - if necessary. We've only got a handful of games before the WC. Whats the worst that could happen. Selection stunk of arrogance.

Add to that Strujik being unavailable and that meant 2 changes at the back. We needed Cooper on the left barking in Fripo's ear. Fripo hadn't started since last season. Hearing that Strujik should be back on Sunday. Again. If he wanted to rest Cooper, this was the wrong game.

Koch off at HT did make some sense. JM recognized - belatedly - that Cooper had to be on the pitch. That he needed him to organize the defence. Koch or Llorente off? At 2-0 down, it didn't matter much. Koch had a yellow and mistake. He's the better defender for sure. But Llorente hadn't played in a while and would benefit from getting the full 90. He was having a fairly decent game. And, there's the x-factor like that overhead kick that almost made something.

Anyway. Decision not to start Cooper was an awful one.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Have you not looked at the scoring stats or are you trying to be funny? Mitrovich is currently 5th in league scoring. Has 8 goals in 10 matches this season...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:08 am Have you not looked at the scoring stats or are you trying to be funny? Mitrovich is currently 5th in league scoring. Has 8 goals in 10 matches this season...
Nope, not trying to be funny.. my point is valid
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:37 am Nope, not trying to be funny.. my point is valid
It couldn't be further from 'valid' if you drove it up the M1.

You stated he had a shyte season a couple of years ago.

He's now scored 8 from 10, that's not even a third of the games ???

Go on, compare PB's seasons for me, this current one and his best one, who's gone backwards ?

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leicester had one shot on target & we lost 2-0.

That must be a first.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:40 am Leicester had one shot on target & we lost 2-0.

That must be a first.
We had 100 yellow cards last season Leon. When we do s**t we do it well.
That will be a quiz question one day
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:40 am Leicester had one shot on target & we lost 2-0.

That must be a first.
We had 2. Did that include Koch's own goal?