Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Georginio Rutter-

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Georginio loses the ball, it's part of his game , why are we surprised ? He does that every game, 26 times that's normal for him, it was around that amount of times against Leicester yet he and he alone dragged us to that win in the latter stages of that game, it's what he does , it's because he tries what nobody else can do and if it doesn't work he tries again and again and again and it eventually pays off, today it didn't but that's a rarity this season for him, my brother (a fellow Leeds fan) messaged me just after half time saying we have to take him off as he's costing us, my reply was we can't as he can create something out of nothing no matter how bad he's playing, and that's what he gives us , he's the x factor , he's one of the reasons we are where we are
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

He didn't have a good game yesterday, neither did a few others but he's been a pleasure to watch in previous games, if we're going to get out of this league he will be a huge part of it. IMO.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

BradWhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:34 am He didn't have a good game yesterday, neither did a few others but he's been a pleasure to watch in previous games, if we're going to get out of this league he will be a huge part of it. IMO.
I’d be worried about how he’ll fare if we do get out of it.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:46 am I’d be worried about how he’ll fare if we do get out of it.
He's a quality player that didn't get off to a great start to be fair.

He was playing a few days after surgery, that's commitment.

Hard to say who stays or leaves whether we go up or not.

Not a dig at you here but 16 games unbeaten, we lose one game and people start to lose their s**t.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

BradWhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:04 am He's a quality player that didn't get off to a great start to be fair.

He was playing a few days after surgery, that's commitment.

Hard to say who stays or leaves whether we go up or not.

Not a dig at you here but 16 games unbeaten, we lose one game and people start to lose their s**t.
If you see the post-match thread, you'll notice I'm the first to warn against over-reacting.

My concern for Geo is that every time he loses the ball against much better players in the PL, he will cost us more than he does currently in the Championship - and he's profligate with possession in the Championship.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BradWhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:34 am He didn't have a good game yesterday, neither did a few others but he's been a pleasure to watch in previous games, if we're going to get out of this league he will be a huge part of it. IMO.
Did you see his work for the goal? That's what he does have in him. Almost always likely to make something happen.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

Must be the toughest of calls Farke has to make when things are not happening for him whether to keep him on
Don’t mind him trying some of the tricks but not constantly and some that he tries are ridiculously stupid
No place for his style if we go up so I believe he should be looking to change his game a little niw
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Phild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:24 pm Must be the toughest of calls Farke has to make when things are not happening for him whether to keep him on
Don’t mind him trying some of the tricks but not constantly and some that he tries are ridiculously stupid
No place for his style if we go up so I believe he should be looking to change his game a little niw
Leaders in assists:

Rutter 16
Summerville 9
James 8
Firpo 5

Great work by Rutter to set up the goal yesterday. I wouldn't say it's that tough of a choice.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

May well be leader in assists
What about other stats
Goals?
Lost possession?
For example
What I’m saying could be so so much better
Not sure anybody would be comfortable with his style in premiership as it would cost us every single game
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Take Geo out of this team and we're down in around 7th or 8th battling for a PO place. The lost possession in his case is immaterial and it needs out of the box thinking to understand why....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

His lost possession is immaterial?
Please explain
I see it that way only in that sides in this division are not punishing when it is lost in dangerous areas
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Georginio vs Coventry

Positives
5 Decent passes
2 Runs
1 Excellent pass
1 Tackle
1 Dribble for assist

Negatives
9 Lost possession
5 Poor passes
1 Wild shot which hasn't come down from the moon yet!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:02 pm Georginio vs Coventry

Positives
5 Decent passes
2 Runs
1 Excellent pass
1 Tackle
1 Dribble for assist

Negatives
9 Lost possession
5 Poor passes
1 Wild shot which hasn't come down from the moon yet!

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:51 pm Dispossessed 25 times today.
Huge difference
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 pm Huge difference
Losing possession at this level is not a huge issue if it is in the right areas of the pitch. What I do not like in his game is playing the risk and reward football near our box. He does need to learn when to play percentages at times. He will not play like this in the prem (if we get there) DF will be far less forgiving as we will not be dominating possession, it will be quite the opposite at least 60% of the time. Giving away possession cheaply is a massive no no for any team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 pm Huge difference
Someone plucked a number out of the air.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:43 pm Losing possession at this level is not a huge issue if it is in the right areas of the pitch. What I do not like in his game is playing the risk and reward football near our box. He does need to learn when to play percentages at times. He will not play like this in the prem (if we get there) DF will be far less forgiving as we will not be dominating possession, it will be quite the opposite at least 60% of the time. Giving away possession cheaply is a massive no no for any team.
Indeed :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:35 am Georginio loses the ball, it's part of his game , why are we surprised ? He does that every game, 26 times that's normal for him, it was around that amount of times against Leicester yet he and he alone dragged us to that win in the latter stages of that game, it's what he does , it's because he tries what nobody else can do and if it doesn't work he tries again and again and again and it eventually pays off, today it didn't but that's a rarity this season for him, my brother (a fellow Leeds fan) messaged me just after half time saying we have to take him off as he's costing us, my reply was we can't as he can create something out of nothing no matter how bad he's playing, and that's what he gives us , he's the x factor , he's one of the reasons we are where we are
100% mate :tup:

He's our most creative player and never gives up. He's gonna get dispossessed,and more so when we're playing at walking pace.

But with Georgi on the pitch we always have a chance.

Can't finish for toffee though, but then neither can Bamfraud, but that doesn't concern a lot of our fans :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:43 pm Someone plucked a number out of the air.
As is the case with most statistics used in football. They're not yet collected or collated properly imo
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Official opta stats for Georgie.

Dispossessed 9 times

24 duels, lost 16.

I imagine that's where the 25 came from
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

If you have a player who has most possession, surely he will be the player who will be most dispossessed....