Accrington Stanley 1-3 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Accrington Stanley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Record signing Georginio Rutter to make debut

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:40 pm Monday, January 30. It will begin after 7pm.

The draw will be shown live on BBC One during the One Show.
Leeds have drawn Fleetwood at home.

Just a premonition.

But ya know i'm ALWAYS RIGHT.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Accrington Stanley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Record signing Georginio Rutter to make debut

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:16 pm Just settled down with a cuppa Yorkshire, went over this morning, only an hour away, thought I'd chance my arm, walked about for 10 minutes, then unashamedly, walked right in behind a fella in an electric wheelchair , through the gate, unchecked and went toward the United end, spoke to a steward who let me across, doddle.
The system and picking certain players will cost Marsch his job, just like the man before him, and it will be well justified.
Despite his goal, firpo is abysmal, harrison was much better second half, but again, hopeless first half other than his goal, and greenwood was shocking, for all you that will no doubt have a go at me, I might not have had the best view today, bottom corner, but, this was a struggling league 1 side, the above 3 are supposed PL standard, harrison especially favoured by too many on here alone.
We did enough to get by, by come on, where was the complete dominance ?
Is this the catalyst we (JM) needs, is it his mark robins / forest moment !! very much doubt it, I have stood by JM for a long while now, never been a fan, but thinking the board back him, surely the tide will turn, well , the board have backed him, the system is shite, and, some of the players simply aren't good enough.
Happy we;re through though.
Brave move Mental.

I'm glad I didn't get a ticket now, stood in that open end watching us make hard work of it down to our own ineptness, this is what you get when a team includes two players who are not match fit & three or four not good enough, sorry they are at this level, but certainly not in the Premier League.

To be fair we could have won the game easily if not for their MOTM keeper
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Accrington Stanley 1-3 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Post by Jaydog »

Marsch has a better record in the FA Cup than Marcelo. Completely irrelevant but true
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:27 pm Leeds have drawn Fleetwood at home.

Just a premonition.

But ya know i'm ALWAYS RIGHT.
Wednesday 1 Fleetwood 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:48 pm Ipswich at Ipswich Leon :-D
No, no, no Swannie.
We hardly ever win at Portman Road. Believe me, I've been there for most of the defeats.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm No, no, no Swannie.
We hardly ever win at Portman Road. Believe me, I've been there for most of the defeats.
Me too
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Yep

Bristol City would be good, we tend to do well there, or Blackburn and 8k tickets.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've been to Portman road just once ... we won 1-0 Eddie Gray (though no one in the ground knew who scored til after the game)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Yeah Bristol City was a guaranteed 6 points back in the cesspit
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:29 pm Brave move Mental.

I'm glad I didn't get a ticket now, stood in that open end watching us make hard work of it down to our own ineptness, this is what you get when a team includes two players who are not match fit & three or four not good enough, sorry they are at this level, but certainly not in the Premier League.

To be fair we could have won the game easily if not for their MOTM keeper
Didn't see the second half, but Accrington were just hoofing it first half, so never thought we were in danger of losing. GK motm says it all!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Weds equalise..

We are destined to be away in Sheffield next
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Grimsby at Home
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Me too Chilli. Three times I've been, three times we lost.
It was just a shout out to Leon as an excuse for us to meet up :)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:42 pm Accrington playing the ball around, knowing where each other are. We get the ball and as per usual we don't have any shape, no one knows where each other is. A talented group of individuals led by a manager who doesn't know how to get them playing as a team apart from the 'all press together as a pack.'

You wouldn't know which team was the premier league team at present. Hopefully some individual brilliance will shine through for us.
Just catching up on things but you pretty much summed up the whole game there. Couldn't tell which was the premier league team. A couple of class moments won it for us.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:From what I saw of Rutter, you could see what he was trying to do, and has excellent vision and dribbling, but can see the rawness. He looks like the kind of player who could become unplayable once it all comes together.
My thoughts exactly. Give him half dozen games and I think he'll really start to shine.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm Wednesday 1 Fleetwood 1
Obviously after the replay Faaip, get with it man :sleep:

:roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 pm Just catching up on things but you pretty much summed up the whole game there. Couldn't tell which was the premier league team. A couple of class moments won it for us.
Many of the rich clubs only need a couple of class moments. Nowt wrong with that.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:46 pm Many of the rich clubs only need a couple of class moments. Nowt wrong with that.
Even Newcastle, with all their wealth lost to the wendies, and Villa lost to Stevenage.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 pm Just catching up on things but you pretty much summed up the whole game there. Couldn't tell which was the premier league team. A couple of class moments won it for us.
I must've watched a different game then!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:31 pm 10 shots to 8
6-5 on target
To them
First half stats were bleak reading. Glad we turned it on in the 2nd half. Acc may have tired themselves out with all the energy fist half.