Everton v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Everton v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Haaland could have been on for us today and we wouldnt have scored,

Easy to blame the striker but Skoobs selected the side and essentially ruined our chances using Harrison as the squarest peg in the side
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Baldbloke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:45 pm Haven't seen any of today's game, just had to read the posts on here.

Were we honestly that bad? was there no glimmer of hope, no passage of play, no shots, no individual bit of skill to give us a bit of an "it'll be ok we can get out of this?

I'm pretty much always optimistic when it comes to leeds but these posts today have me a tad worried
one nice move when Bamford linked up play, slotted it to Harrison who fired it across the box from the left only for Bamford to try and take it with the outside of his left and in the end missed everything.

That was about it.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Baldbloke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:45 pm Haven't seen any of today's game, just had to read the posts on here.

Were we honestly that bad? was there no glimmer of hope, no passage of play, no shots, no individual bit of skill to give us a bit of an "it'll be ok we can get out of this?

I'm pretty much always optimistic when it comes to leeds but these posts today have me a tad worried
Nah
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Well that was underwhelming…

We got pushed off the ball at will and couldn’t win the ball back ourselves. Everton swarmed and crowded us out of everything (possession, passing, positioning, etc.)

Rutter was encouraging and I’d like to see him on for Bamford from here on. Absolutely nothing to lose. Rutter actually showed some initiative. Bamford with another whiff! FFs!!!

Harrison had another absolute shocker. He belongs nowhere near set pieces as he’s proven “reliably unreliable” there. And his attacking awareness and passing has fallen off considerably as the season has gone on. He needs benching and should be confined to being Willy’s substitute from this point forward. To think we could’ve gotten 20million pounds for him!! We’ll be lucky to get half that by season end.

McKennie and Adams didn’t have their best games. McKennie had a couple of half creative chances, but we had no one home on any (as was the case for everyone throughout). Adams too often punted the ball upfield without much thought for my liking. I’d really like to see a midfield trio of Roca - Adams - McKennie when Roca is healthy (thereby relegating Harrison to the bench).

Rasmus belongs back to where he came from…unless Ayling is healthy. He’s a shadow of himself at the start of the year. Bad giveaways, poor positioning, he was just terrible. I’d be happy to get half his transfer fee back if at all possible. A complete waste.

I think a sitting or two would benefit Meslier. Too often guilty of 1-2 shambolic decisions per game (along with 1-2 amazing saves). But leaving the near post that wide open is a mistake Conference keepers wouldn’t make. What a howler.

Firpo wasn’t bad, but certainly not great…had a few bad giveaways.

I don’t fault Koch for the goal. Meslier has to do better.

Was Ayling our best player again? I just wish his long balls were just a touch softer as they always tend to go too long.

Thought Aaronson was a decent spark, but again is getting pushed off the ball too easily.

Gnonto and Summerville were quiet…hounded all game and I don’t think his teammates knew where to go in order to help them. Although they both tended to hold onto the ball too much. Not sure if that was a strategy to slow the game down, but it was evident even in the 80th minute with Gnonto.

Overall an incoherent performance.

Really hoping to avoid the drop, but feels like we’re doomed especially with all the bottom sides having such positive results today. A dagger to the heart.
Last edited by JoeDenver on Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

It was dire mate, nothing positive and no shots on target. We're going down. Players were absolutely spineless and clueless.

Be thankful you missed it.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Wow. Only just seen the result plus the 2 away wins for Bournemouth & Soton. What a shocker.
Maybe Marsch not the problem then eh.
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 1corvus1 »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:33 pm Not my point... we were shite today and most of that was the fear we took on the pitch but you don't give up, ... Gonna be quiet on here for the next game with everyone having conceded releagation they can take the wife shopping or something, walk in the park..Watch their favourite non league/Scottish/Irish team instead.. catch up with neighbours or whichever soap they follow
or watching paint dry as that would be more exciting or watching grass grow
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yep, all of that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Any one who still gives a s**t about this shower of crap squad is going to be sorely disappointed come May. There’s not such as an ember of hope in sight - we don’t even have a sodding manager, just a set of individuals with no idea what they are doing. Everton are absolutely terrible, but for a fluke goal they didnt lay a glove on us and still win so what does that say for us .
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Not sure I'm that happy I asked now.

Thanks for the answers 😆
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:55 pm Wow. Only just seen the result plus the 2 away wins for Bournemouth & Soton. What a shocker.
I’m inclined to agree that his hands were somewhat tied. But he could’ve tried being more tactically flexible. Substitutions, especially in the beginning of the year were awful. Looked completely lost against Forest in his last game. Bringing on Rodri against Accrington with 10 minutes to go was beyond the pale. And bringing in Rasmus in the summer transfer window was just awful. The Premier League is tight margins and he was on the wrong end of too many poor decisions.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:27 pm Indeed Swannie :(

Desperate times now.
Who in their right mind would take this shower of s**t on?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:55 pm Wow. Only just seen the result plus the 2 away wins for Bournemouth & Soton. What a shocker.
Marsch and the board got us where we are today Jay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:17 pm Who in their right mind would take this shower of s**t on?
That's the issue now isn't it.

1st mistake was appointing Marsch

2nd was not sacking him during the World Cup break

3rd was not sacking him before January window shut.

Every decent manager wants time to implement there methods and the opportunity to bring in there players

We allowed both of that to pass us by.

Emery wouldn't have touched Villa had it been now.

It's staggering incompetence.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm Marsch and the board got us where we are today Jay
Board first 100%
Judging by comments on here the players are to blame too!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:52 pm Well that’s was underwhelming…

We got pushed off the ball at will and couldn’t win the ball back ourselves. Everton swarmed and crowded us out of everything (possession, passing, positioning, etc.)

Rutter was encouraging and I’d like to see him on for Bamford from here on. Absolutely nothing to lose. Rutter actually showed some initiative. Bamford with another whiff! FFs!!!

Harrison had another absolute shocker. He belongs nowhere near set pieces as he’s proven “reliably unreliable” there. And his attacking awareness and passing has fallen off considerably as the season has gone on. He needs benching and should be confined to being Willy’s substitute from this point forward. To think we could’ve gotten 20million pounds for him!! We’ll be lucky to get half that by season end.

McKennie and Adams didn’t have their best games. McKennie had a couple of half creative chances, but we had no one home on any (as was the case for everyone throughout). Adams too often punted the ball upfield without much thought for my liking. I’d really like to see a midfield trio of Roca - Adams - McKennie when Roca is healthy (thereby relegating Harrison to the bench).

Rasmus belongs back to where he came from…unless Ayling is healthy. He’s a shadow of himself at the start of the year. Bad giveaways, poor positioning, he was just terrible. I’d be happy to get half his transfer fee back if at all possible. A complete waste.

I think a sitting or two would benefit Meslier. Too often guilty of 1-2 shambolic decisions per game (along with 1-2 amazing saves). But leaving the near post that wide open is a mistake Conference keepers wouldn’t make. What a howler.

Firpo wasn’t bad, but certainly not great…had a few bad giveaways.

I don’t fault Koch for the goal. Meslier has to do better.

Was Ayling our best player again? I just wish his long balls were just a touch softer as they always tend to go too long.

Thought Aaronson was a decent spark, but again is getting pushed off the ball too easily.

Gnonto and Summerville were quiet…hounded all game and I don’t think his teammates knew where to go in order to help them. Although they both tended to hold onto the ball too much. Not sure if that was a strategy to slow the game down, but it was evident even in the 80th minute with Gnonto.

Overall an incoherent performance.

Really hoping to avoid the drop, but feels like we’re doomed especially with all the bottom sides having such positive results today. A dagger to the heart.
Agree with Meslier. He is beginning to give me the Casilla yips
Re Harrison. It is easy to knock a winger who is played out of position isnt it? He isn't a 10 ( even a wide 10) which is why we should have cashed in on him.
Ironically when he was allowed to play wide he put one on a plate for Bamford.

Rasmus ballsed up a throw in today, what else did he do wrong?

Do you really think a MF of Mckennie, Roca and Adams is going to create for the forwards?

Roca 20 games 1 goal 1 assist
Adams 20 games 0 goals 0 assists
McK 25 games 3 goals 2 assists

Summerville looked disinterested. But as alluded to there was no 10 to work little triangular moves with so no wonder he was out of it. Same for Willy on the other side.

But it all came back to the middle of the park and no creative spark.
Aaronson looks afraid of the ball
'
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jimang wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:09 pm As always, lacking any quality in the final third. Wasted free kicks, even a foul throw when chasing an equaliser in the dying minutes. Going down I think. Hope Chelsea sack Potter and we can have one last roll of the dice by employing him.
Not sure he would come to Leeds if it did happen.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm Not sure he would come to Leeds if it did happen.
Nor me. He might want a rest for a while after his Chelsea debacle. Bad timing as per
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I still have some hope we can survive - there are some bad teams around us. But Bamford and Harrison cannot start the next game. All this suggestion we play better with them in the team is only useful if we can actually get something out of a game. Neither look like creating or scoring a goal at this level. Indecision and desperation is the reality of their current form.

Unfortunately we have few alternatives, but both are likely to play better coming off the bench.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yeah, him and Orta.

This game was the last of any Bert they had left in them, it's all gone now.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)