Fulham 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:38 am Be careful what you wish for.
I think Wober has generally been outstanding since his arrival, and his partnership with Koch is our most formidable pairing. I think Firpo’s resurgence is partially attributable to this. For the first time all season, I think we can confidently conclude that our back four of Ayling, Koch, Wober, and Firpo is our best lineup. Still working on the best situation/combinations of the front 6, but with players recovering from injury and Javi’s concepts getting implemented, there’s a lot to be hopeful for.

*BTW, I meant Harrison being a super sub for Aaronson (as opposed to himself) in my lineup suggestions. I went back and changed my original post.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Fulham 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by JoeDenver »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:16 am Cost us big time imo. Very poor decision and you can't account for that when it comes to game planning.. Ref had already let 2/3 worse incidents go, allowing the game to flow, but completely ballsed that one up
What I can’t comprehend is why VAR didn’t overrule the decision or at least have the ref take another look. I blame the VAR assistant as much as the ref. Shocking. Someone just sitting there collecting a paycheck (or an additional one on the side, ;))
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 pm I think Wober has generally been outstanding since his arrival, and his partnership with Koch is our most formidable pairing. I think Firpo’s resurgence is partially attributable to this. For the first time all season, I think we can confidently conclude that our back four of Ayling, Koch, Wober, and Firpo is our best lineup. Still working on the best situation/combinations of the front 6, but with players recovering from injury and Javi’s concepts getting implemented, there’s a lot to be hopeful for.

*BTW, I meant Harrison being a super sub for Aaronson (as opposed to himself) in my lineup suggestions. I went back and changed my original post.
Sorry, going forward i don't concur after what i saw last night, Wober might surprise me and i really hope he does, but i think he's eventually gonna use sicknote more. And as for Firpo being included in 'it' Lord help us, now if he actually came through 'it' and shone, wow! what a dream that would be !

More evidence is needed and Chelsea game might speak volumes.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm really looking forward to the chelski game to watch 'it' unfold. Chelski won't know whats hIT them because 'it's' going to happen very very swiftly and there's only a couple on here that will see 'it' happening but once 'it' happens you'll be absolutely stunned ! Right Kenny ?

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:56 pm Sorry, going forward i don't concur after what i saw last night, Wober might surprise me and i really hope he does, but i think he's eventually gonna use sicknote more. And as for Firpo being included in 'it' Lord help us, now if he actually came through 'it' and shone, wow! what a dream that would be !

More evidence is needed and Chelsea game might speak volumes.
So you think Rasmus is the answer at CB next to Koch? Wober was given a rest last night, but again has largely been our best CB since his arrival. Unless you have some inside info re: his shoulder still giving him some trouble…
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

JoeDenver wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:56 pm What I can’t comprehend is why VAR didn’t overrule the decision or at least have the ref take another look. I blame the VAR assistant as much as the ref. Shocking. Someone just sitting there collecting a paycheck (or an additional one on the side, ;))
VAR looks at something to overturn the refs initial call, the ref should have played on and then checked VAR for reasons to disallow it. At that point VAR rules it a goal. It's poor refereeing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:56 pm What I can’t comprehend is why VAR didn’t overrule the decision or at least have the ref take another look. I blame the VAR assistant as much as the ref. Shocking. Someone just sitting there collecting a paycheck (or an additional one on the side, ;))
Because from certain angles he did actually put a hand on him, yes, Wilson did a triple toe loop, but he cleverly got the attention of the ref who's immediate reaction was to blow, it wouldn't have been overturned, it was soft yes and some would let it go, did he need to push him slightly ? If the answer is yes he did so as to stop him heading it, then it's a foul, a soft annoying one but a foul nonetheless.

Some you win some you lose.

With a bit of that luck thingy, it might've gone our way !
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VAR has to be coaches challenge for it to work and it has to be anywhere on the pitch if that's what the coach wants
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 pm I'm really looking forward to the chelski game to watch 'it' unfold. Chelski won't know whats hIT them because 'it's' going to happen very very swiftly and there's only a couple on here that will see 'it' happening but once 'it' happens you'll be absolutely stunned ! Right Kenny ?

I certainly will that's for sure matey !

Not sure Chelsea is the right game though, they've got better players than us cfking 'it' up atm and we might be better going at them with this Jesse bollocks.

It'll say a lot about Javi and us going forward though that's for sure!

;@)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Kennyb41 wrote: I certainly will that's for sure matey !

Not sure Chelsea is the right game though, they've got better players than us cfking 'it' up atm and we might be better going at them with this Jesse bollocks.

It'll say a lot about Javi and us going forward though that's for sure!
'It' certainly will !

Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 pm I'm really looking forward to the chelski game to watch 'it' unfold. Chelski won't know whats hIT them because 'it's' going to happen very very swiftly and there's only a couple on here that will see 'it' happening but once 'it' happens you'll be absolutely stunned ! Right Kenny ?

I'm not.

I'm dreading it.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:12 am
Yes, another puzzling decision that should have been highlighted, but was just accepted by that (oh so boring) co-commentator Shearer. I don’t know whether it was discussed at half-time or full time by the panel (because I can’t bear to watch or even listen to Jug ears), but if it wasn’t it surely should have been.

That is the other thing about our predicament. As usual, we can’t rely on a level playing field from referees or VAR which the more favoured clubs often can. I had high hopes for VAR, when it was first introduced, to rein in the worst excesses of biased refereeing, but, of course, that ship has long since sailed, and we are now left with not one but two layers of corruption to compete against, as well as the opposing team.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

There was a incident against spurs where Kane pushed (Ayling i think) with two hands before spurs went on to score.... not a peep from var. Much worse than that incident Bye.
TonyT
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by TonyT »

I still find it hard to understand how Rutter's goal was disallowed, players play acting really wind me up. Sometimes I can't understand why VAR gets it wrong, or doesn't put things right, as often as it does. I don't know why the system doesn't work as well as it does in rugby. Mind you, for 100% injustice our final against Bayern Munich in 1975 was the pinnacle.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe the worst decision against us this season and there have been a few. We score there we go on to win imo.