Fulham 2-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

CJAY Meslier has been poor for the last few games. But the fault is gifting the opposition opportunities to break in space. We have no pace at the back we all know this so when a defender is run at, unless they foul the opposition player they get left standing.
Meslier’s save from the freekick was WC. But our trouble is slow predictable play and too many absolute nothing punts up field - mainly from Roca. I won’t even mention the corners.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ackermann »

We can`t even defend if we play defensive line-up. Against Leicester I want to see Robles, Forshaw, Bamford, Gnonto, Ayling all starting.
Fed up of Kristensen, Koch, McKennie, Rodrigo, Aaronson.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:46 pm Well, we’re set up well for the Championship
Are we?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:47 pm CJAY Meslier has been poor for the last few games. But the fault is gifting the opposition opportunities to break in space. We have no pace at the back we all know this so when a defender is run at, unless they foul the opposition player they get left standing.
Meslier’s save from the freekick was WC. But our trouble is slow predictable play and too many absolute nothing punts up field - mainly from Roca. I won’t even mention the corners.
He isn't entirely to blame but he won't save us like Pickford did last season for Everton.

A goalkeeper can make all the difference in a bad side

Meslier compounds it. I stand by that he isn't anything like the prospect some think, he will always be at best a very average keeper

Roca is a snail but we knew that when we signed him Kristensen is to slow but we knew that when we signed him.

Harrison is phenomenally inconsistent and goes missing for months on end but we knew that when we gave him a new deal

Rodrigo has been crap for 2 years and take his goals away offers nothing but we knew that when we decided to sign a child who can't get off the bench

Bamford has been finished for years but we knew that when we decided to rely on him

Aaronson has an awful end product but we knew that when we signed him

Cooper seems a decent guy but is talent wide outmatched at this level but we knew that when we decided to keep him.

McKennie is a slow, immobile, technically average lump but we knew that when we signed him.

We rot from the top
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Well ####
morris474
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by morris474 »

Garcia is out of his depth.
Same old, same Old, and the only person not realizing it it Garcia.
Our defense is not good enough, or quick enough to do a shut up shop job.
Couldn't agree more with what's been said. lets make some changes forshaw. Gnonto. Bamford , Youngsters In if necessary. fed up of watching our midfield get taken to the cleaners. And Aaronson running around in circles and achieving the square route of didly squat.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing time after time and wondering why it doesn't work.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

“Aaronson tries hard but is so weak he would get bullied in the WSL.”

That’s your best one yet.

Mind you, it’s not a high bar 🤣 (joking)
Hickco84
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hickco84 »

It was a Meh game. I think Copper and Max made us more soild at the back. I don't trust Ras or Alying at RB but you got to pick one. We have no DM think Forsawn needs to come in Weston not arsed. Gonto must be due a start now. Paddy gave the CBs something more to think about when he came on. Arronson and Harrison need a rest. Meslier needs dropping at fault for the two goals

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:50 pmAre we?
We have players returning from top teams in the Championship as well as good U-21 players that can’t get a sniff (Gyabi anyone). In the process, we’ll rid ourselves from the overpriced primadonnas on the squad. I suspect teams will be offering even less than the release clauses in certain players’ contracts. We need a clean out.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

No last minute winners or equalisers this season
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:07 pm We have players returning from top teams in the Championship as well as good U-21 players that can’t get a sniff (Gyabi anyone). In the process, we’ll rid ourselves from the overpriced primadonnas on the squad. I suspect teams will be offering even less than the release clauses in certain players’ contracts. We need a clean out.
I’d certainly like the young lads back. Charlie, Leo, Joe & Cody should all be heading back to ER
And the right manager is vitally important as we’ve discovered this season
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Gnonto is either recovering from injury or pissed off.
There were calls for him to start or be an early sub but when he came on (on the right) he looked to take the defender on but cut back onto his left and played it inside to Forshaw or any other every time.
That’s not enough to stake a place.

Maybe if he played inside and Summerville stayed wide it might have been better?
Dunno 🤷‍♂️
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Arrived in Southwold at 2pm, sat on the seafront eating sandwiches looking out on the sea. Then I had a thought, time to check the score, no surprise to read we were losing once again :(
Meslier, Mckennie, Kristensen & Aaronson shouldn't have the opportunity to start today, but hey-ho, we have another coach who picks his favourites not matter how they have performed recently. 😀 All we can hope is we beat Leicester & pick up two or three more points from our remaining games. I won't hold my breath!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:09 pm Gnonto is either recovering from injury or pissed off.
There were calls for him to start or be an early sub but when he came on (on the right) he looked to take the defender on but cut back onto his left and played it inside to Forshaw or any other every time.
That’s not enough to stake a place.

Maybe if he played inside and Summerville stayed wide it might have been better?
Dunno 🤷‍♂️
He's been pretty average for a while tbf Gnonto.

Overhyped a bit I think (some fans said he was better than Raph ffs) but still should be starting now. Just a kid, not fair on him to be relied upon though

Gracia seems to have a real thing for Harrison and Aaronson and using older players.

Maybe that's why?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

XG 1.49 x 1.50
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

We are so bad. Everything we do is laboured and obvious. Gracia persists with individuals, line ups and tactics that just don’t work. Aaronson, Roca (4 attempts to get a corner past the first man🙈!) , McKennie, Harrison - all absolutely and consistently useless, and he doesn’t even see the need for change at halftime??

As it is now under Gracia, we will not win another game, and will struggle to draw many. Relegation is a fitting end to persistent ineptitude throughout the club. It’s the supporters that will be left with the consequences as everyone else will walk or be chucked out. Sad days.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:39 pm Willian the best player on the park...
A golden oldie winger who shows us how to perform consistently.

Great signing for Fulgam in the summer, no resale on him but at least he has made a huge contribution to Fulham's top half finish.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:46 pm Meslier flailing
Shouldn't have started.

Robles was in my line-up all week. Javi clueless!
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:19 pm XG 1.49 x 1.50
What game is that for? Can’t be ours. We didn’t have any obvious chance on goal and the one we got was an O.G.

Fulham had 1 cracking free kick on target as well as their goal - that has to be 2 for them alone?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Boo Radley wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:27 pm What game is that for? Can’t be ours. We didn’t have any obvious chance on goal and the one we got was an O.G.

Fulham had 1 cracking free kick on target as well as their goal - that has to be 2 for them alone?
That’s what it says on Infogol.
It doesn’t work like that. The quality of a chance has various criteria. It’s a devisive thing is a metric