Premier League debate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Premier League debate

Post by WhiteRose »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:15 pm And it is exactly what we need to do.

The Forest route of buying 30 players cost goggle eyes his job and they were very lucky to stay up, this current Burnley team i bet half their fans don't even recognise any style similar to the Championship side that went up.
Absolutely right, look at the shite we wasted 100million on last time, only Raphinha was any good. We are better placed this time, much younger squad and probably better quality. We would need some signings though, at a minimum, Rodon (let’s hope we don’t have a Ben white scenario) a left back, a midfielder and maybe even a number 9
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:12 pm Absolutely right, look at the shite we wasted 100million on last time, only Raphinha was any good. We are better placed this time, much younger squad and probably better quality. We would need some signings though, at a minimum, Rodon (let’s hope we don’t have a Ben white scenario) a left back, a midfielder and maybe even a number 9
Yes we'll need some, about 4 to start with to bolster the team and squad, i've got my doubts 50/50 whether virtually all of our team can play at Prem level.

But the manager needs time to identify the weakness's in his team, and to integrate the right player.

Hey let's stfu, we've gotta get there yet ffs :shock:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm
Seen it suggested that the Premier League will look for a 6-9 point deduction for Forest.

Everton 2-3 for the 2nd charge.

Table can change but if applied now top end probably sends Forest down.

They'd be on 15 points
Apparently one of Everton's arguments for reduction was that the FA's own punishment for insolvency is only 9 points.

That being the case, Forest will probably be docked 6.

If anything, Everton should get a higher reduction for a recurrence, but it won't happen - my money's on another 6.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

From the BBC:

"A three-person appeal board concluded that the independent commission which imposed the 10-point penalty "made legal errors" on two grounds.

It said the commission was "wrong" to punish Everton for being "less than frank" over what it told the Premier League about its new stadium debt.

The appeal board also said the commission was "wrong not to take into account available benchmarks" and that a six-point sanction was "broadly in line" with English Football League (EFL) guidelines, with Sheffield Wednesday's six-point deduction in 2020 when their losses were rising used as a guide.

The appeal panel also said the six-point reduction was "not out of kilter with any other available benchmark, including those under the Premier League rules themselves (such as the automatic sanction for insolvency of nine points)".
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:49 pm Apparently one of Everton's arguments for reduction was that the FA's own punishment for insolvency is only 9 points.

If anything, Everton should get a higher reduction for a recurrence, but it won't happen - my money's on another 6.
Based on what you posted above I would agree.

Forest get a 6 point one in line with the first Everton one.

Everton should get more for the 2nd but they probably won't.

Another 6 then?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:49 pm Apparently one of Everton's arguments for reduction was that the FA's own punishment for insolvency is only 9 points.

The suggestion is that Everton would get the same punishment for the second offence but because pat of the losses for the 2nd 3 year period was in the same timeframe as the one they have been punished for then the punishment will be reduced by 2/3rds - as such they would get another 6 point penalty but it would be reduced to just 2 points (as such 8 in total for both offences). I just don't see the logic as to why that should be the case as in my eyes it makes the offence worse that they knew they had breached it and yet a year later had failed to do anything about it. You can have some sympathy if they fail it once and then try to remedy it asap (like Forest selling Brennan Johnson a month or so after the end of the financial year) but to not sort it out just suggests to me that they weren't even trying to comply with the regulations.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I still think we should sue for compensation... especially if the FA are not really punishing Everton ... They did cheat
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:27 pm I still think we should sue for compensation... especially if the FA are not really punishing Everton ... They did cheat
I don't think we should sue.
We would lose.
The winners would be the parasite lawyers and accountants who now run football ( and everything else for that matter).
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Any litigation may depend on whether we get promoted. It weakens our case if we get promoted this season - on the basis of wealth in terms of a settlement figure if we got a judgement in our favour. Take away the legal costs and there probably wouldn’t be much left.

Also if they go down they won’t have a pot to piss in.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:27 pm The suggestion is that Everton would get the same punishment for the second offence but because pat of the losses for the 2nd 3 year period was in the same timeframe as the one they have been punished for then the punishment will be reduced by 2/3rds - as such they would get another 6 point penalty but it would be reduced to just 2 points (as such 8 in total for both offences). I just don't see the logic as to why that should be the case as in my eyes it makes the offence worse that they knew they had breached it and yet a year later had failed to do anything about it. You can have some sympathy if they fail it once and then try to remedy it asap (like Forest selling Brennan Johnson a month or so after the end of the financial year) but to not sort it out just suggests to me that they weren't even trying to comply with the regulations.
Far be it from me to offer Everton any sympathy. But why would they receive both punishments in the same season? The two incidents are separated by 12 months. So if they do get punished for the 2nd one. the points deduction should happen next season. I do agree that the penalty should be tougher for a second offence. That's the way that things work in the real world. But I do think the second punishment should be next season.

What's with this 9 points for insolvency? It was 15 when it happened to us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gareth Southgate :)
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (209.93 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Signed

King Cjay

PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:17 pm Gareth Southgate :)
tenor.gif
Oh Please - Let it be :lol: :) :) :lol: :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

It's nothing to do with ineos , that redcliffe fella is another parasite in a long list of parasites, he wants a northern wembley so scum can play in it, he wants the GB tax payer to fork out for it, the w**ker is worth billions ££ yet wants someone else to cover the costs.
Also he just the front for a Qatari takeover, as usual, the PL won't do a proper due diligence and let them get away with it.
Corruption at its best.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:27 pm It's nothing to do with ineos , that redcliffe fella is another parasite in a long list of parasites, he wants a northern wembley so scum can play in it, he wants the GB tax payer to fork out for it, the w**ker is worth billions ££ yet wants someone else to cover the costs.
Also he just the front for a Qatari takeover, as usual, the PL won't do a proper due diligence and let them get away with it.
Corruption at its best.
He'll probably get all that love too. After all there's only one "United" and they're the darlings of all the higher ups. Seriously, I hear English commentators referring to "United." There's a constant fascination with them.

As for where the money comes from? The PL don't care. It's just about making the league the best attraction in the world, then using that to make more money.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Newcastle slump

The barcodes lost five games last season.

This season, they have already lost twelve games with ten to play.

Newcastle are destined to score more goals than in 2022/23, however with the same defenders they have conceded 48 goals in 28 games as opposed 33 goals in the whole of last season.

Clearly defensively they have gone to pot, leaving them currently in 10th position after finishing 4th in the 2022/23 season.

How long has Eddie Howe got working under the mercenaries at St James Park?
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:20 am Newcastle slump

The barcodes lost five games last season.

This season, they have already lost twelve games with ten to play.

Newcastle are destined to score more goals than in 2022/23, however with the same defenders they have conceded 48 goals in 28 games as opposed 33 goals in the whole of last season.

Clearly defensively they have gone to pot, leaving them currently in 10th position after finishing 4th in the 2022/23 season.

How long has Eddie Howe got working under the mercenaries at St James Park?
Don't think Howe has much more time , I would have thought Newcastle might have progressed some since last season , been more in contention for a top 4 or 5 place in at least being in the running , the reality is they have gone backwards. Howe is now on borrowed time imo , but that's the game now isn't it , he probably won't get time to improve the team and squad and get a more competitive side . Look how many managers/ coaches Man City got before Guardiola , some achieving some success . Unfortunately Eddie Howe won't be the man to make Newcastle great , but, he will have other jobs and do well I think...maybe even a future England manager and certainly make a more entertaining team there than the current one . Certainly wouldn't miss the dullard Southgate there .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Premier League debate - Newcastle slump?

Post by weasel »

Same as Bielsa he over achieved massively one season and then the fans, and outside media, suddenly expect them to do even better despite them suffering from injuries.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

It must be a frustrating situation, they’re filthy rich but as FFP etc has tightened since Chelsea and Man City could do almost what they wanted, Newcastle can’t do the same but each season they should be improving by a couple of points every season even taking injuries into consideration.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Don't think Howe was ever meant to be more than a stop gap until they could get a big name

He's done well in the main.

But that's expected when you have been given the best part of £400million spent on your squad in 3 years
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Beheady howe the lads has done an excellent job, he's bought well and made money on transfers, he may not be the "man" to win/buy them things, but, like bielsa with us, overachieved too soon but got the city buzzing again.getting into Europe was a massive hinderance to them as I pointed out last season.
FFP will be keeping a careful eye on them whilst turning a blind eye to the shenanigans at city,chelsea and scum
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"