Daniel Farke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Daniel Farke

Post by DDB220 »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:43 pm Who ?? You sure it wasn't say "geronimo on a wind up !!

Mine as well.
Look back through the thread.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:40 am Look back through the thread.
72 pages, nah, well maybe later.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:45 am If DF gets us up, imo he has earned at least 2 seasons to stabilize us in the Prem, we must not make the same mistakes Burnley have......I just been reading this...

Read a story about Burnley on the beeb - this bit stood out and backs up what we have said on here -
Out of the starting XI in our latest defeat by Bournemouth at the weekend, there were only three starters from last season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Burnley added a number of players but nothing special or proven. Probably because they didn't offer any incentives against relegation, which is kind of a must now if a promoted team wants to strengthen... ditto SU. Luton have the best chance of the three as they play a physical long ball game that has some teams panicking

You can't beat prem teams at their own game with inferior players, you either play a different type of football or spend spend spend while adding relegation clauses in their contracts ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:30 pm Read a story about Burnley on the beeb - this bit stood out and backs up what we have said on here -
I don't want to say much about us and next season. I'm all nervous again. Bloody Ipswich.

But I'm not a fan of what Burnley did. Or Forest the year before. You can't just bring in 20 players. The chemistry just doesn't work. You have to depend on the core of the squad that got you there. Then make 3 or 4 important signings rather than 20 small ones.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:13 pm I don't want to say much about us and next season. I'm all nervous again. Bloody Ipswich.

But I'm not a fan of what Burnley did. Or Forest the year before. You can't just bring in 20 players. The chemistry just doesn't work. You have to depend on the core of the squad that got you there. Then make 3 or 4 important signings rather than 20 small ones.
Spot on :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Completely stolen by me but interesting imo

#LUFC defensive stats this season are incredible.

People talk about the difference on divisions - you still have to perform after 2 confidence shaking record breaking disastrous defensive seasons conceding 150+ goals.

In errors leading to a shot Leeds have the fewest in the Championship with 4. Leicester have the most with 17.

In % of dribblers tackled Leeds lead the Championship with 56.6.

Leeds have conceded the fewest chances, fewest high quality chances, shots and expected goals against.

The Whites have the most clean sheets - 16. That's 44.4% opponents have been unable to score. Meslier, after performing poorly in the Prem, has met his expected save data this season.

Southampton by contrast, have conceded 8 goals more than expected, while Leicester's goalkeeper has saved 4 more than expected. Yes the quality of the opposition has significantly dropped. But that does not account for a team that was conceding record numbers of goals in the Premier League, who now leads the Championship in almost every defensive stat available.

Where Southampton, Ipswich and Leicester have the edge on Leeds has been in outperforming their own expected goals.
Leicester xG is 1.82, they've scored 1.97.
Ipswich xG is 1.64, they've scored 1.92. Southampton xG is 1.74, they've scored 1.91.
By contrast Leeds were expected to score 1.77 goals and actually scored 1.75.

Having a mainly young strike force, Leeds shot on target % has been their weakness, where they sit 11th.

Creating better chances and converting them is the key area for improvement in the last 10 games. Which is ridiculous when you consider they are top of the division for non-penalty expected goals.

Of course they could be awarded more penalties, with 7 this season they trail Leicester's whopping 11. But as that's unlikely, the fine margins of improvement in a record breaking team are there.

Such is the over performance of their opponents this year that a team that has broken a 92 year old club record, and a 53 year old club record, will have to make some marginal gains, to stay competitive. Better set pieces, more accurate final third passes and more clinical finishing are the way for #LUFC to gain automatic promotion. Stats from: fbref and LUFCData

https://x.com/theadelites/status/176565 ... 88652?s=20
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/176 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:01 pm Completely stolen by me but interesting imo

#LUFC defensive stats this season are incredible.

People talk about the difference on divisions - you still have to perform after 2 confidence shaking record breaking disastrous defensive seasons conceding 150+ goals.

In errors leading to a shot Leeds have the fewest in the Championship with 4. Leicester have the most with 17.

In % of dribblers tackled Leeds lead the Championship with 56.6.

Leeds have conceded the fewest chances, fewest high quality chances, shots and expected goals against.

The Whites have the most clean sheets - 16. That's 44.4% opponents have been unable to score. Meslier, after performing poorly in the Prem, has met his expected save data this season.

Southampton by contrast, have conceded 8 goals more than expected, while Leicester's goalkeeper has saved 4 more than expected. Yes the quality of the opposition has significantly dropped. But that does not account for a team that was conceding record numbers of goals in the Premier League, who now leads the Championship in almost every defensive stat available.

Where Southampton, Ipswich and Leicester have the edge on Leeds has been in outperforming their own expected goals.
Leicester xG is 1.82, they've scored 1.97.
Ipswich xG is 1.64, they've scored 1.92. Southampton xG is 1.74, they've scored 1.91.
By contrast Leeds were expected to score 1.77 goals and actually scored 1.75.

Having a mainly young strike force, Leeds shot on target % has been their weakness, where they sit 11th.

Creating better chances and converting them is the key area for improvement in the last 10 games. Which is ridiculous when you consider they are top of the division for non-penalty expected goals.

Of course they could be awarded more penalties, with 7 this season they trail Leicester's whopping 11. But as that's unlikely, the fine margins of improvement in a record breaking team are there.

Such is the over performance of their opponents this year that a team that has broken a 92 year old club record, and a 53 year old club record, will have to make some marginal gains, to stay competitive. Better set pieces, more accurate final third passes and more clinical finishing are the way for #LUFC to gain automatic promotion. Stats from: fbref and LUFCData

https://x.com/theadelites/status/176565 ... 88652?s=20
Those are some great defensive stats, Cjay, thanks for sharing.

DF has clearly made the defense a priority, and like we were talking about with the switch of field plays, perhaps at times even to the detriment of the offense. But that said, I've still got zero complaints--the numbers are hard to argue with.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:58 am Those are some great defensive stats, Cjay, thanks for sharing.

DF has clearly made the defense a priority, and like we were talking about with the switch of field plays, perhaps at times even to the detriment of the offense. But that said, I've still got zero complaints--the numbers are hard to argue with.
And we're still entertaining to watch, with plenty of our own attacks and dominating possession.

He will need time if we get to the Prem to find better players to improve the team to Prem standard, some of these just won't cut it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Daniel named manager of the month for February 👏👏👏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 am And we're still entertaining to watch, with plenty of our own attacks and dominating possession.

He will need time if we get to the Prem to find better players to improve the team to Prem standard, some of these just won't cut it.
Exactly, KB. I think he's struck the right balance. If all the wins weren't enough just look at all the other records DF is setting or breaking. Think he's definitely got credit in the bank to make a deep run if we're promoted or god forbid it doesn't happen this year he definitely deserves a second crack at promotion.

I think there are certainly some who don't cut it, as well as questions marks for loanees and their situations, namely Rodon and Roberts. Then there's the question of our out on loan players and who, if any, DF would rate and keep. A lot to be sorted out, but he's done nothing but impress so I don't doubt he'd be up to the task.
In Farke we trust...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:41 am Daniel named manager of the month for February 👏👏👏
And rightly so. I can't believe, well yes I can, that some fans were slating him after we drew with Huddersfield.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:34 am And rightly so. I can't believe, well yes I can, that some fans were slating him after we drew with Huddersfield.
I think the term is 'Neanderthals

Or as i like to refer to them 'average Joes that know fck all' and like to squeal at a bump in the road

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Who da man?

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/176 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Well done Farke, fully deserved of any praise he gets, but stats dont win you league titles or get you promoted. Its points that do that.
There will be more twists and turns before this is all over, so lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Farke is far from being the perfect manager but why cant some fans just enjoy what he has brought to the club this season and enjoy this ride.
IF/WHEN we get promoted lets see how he does then with this squad, plus hopefully some additions. If he fails big time then criticism can be justified. But to give him stick for what happened at Norwich with a different set of players and different set up to what he has now is just being childish :(
Some people if we go up will be waiting with sharpened pencils to slag him off saying i told you so. Its just in their DNA they cant help it :)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Maybe because I've been away Ive not seen the posts, but who slagged farke off for the point at hudds ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:46 pm Maybe because I've been away Ive not seen the posts, but who slagged farke off for the point at hudds ?
If you make any comment on here that isnt full of praise thats "slagging off" apparently.

Would imagine as with any manager who doesn't beat 10 men some may have said something.

But not allowed on here.

They should look on the Leicester forum ffs, manf want Maresca sacked!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:30 pm If you make any comment on here that isnt full of praise thats "slagging off" apparently.

Would imagine as with any manager who doesn't beat 10 men some may have said something.

But not allowed on here.

They should look on the Leicester forum ffs, manf want Maresca sacked!!!!
Same old posters spouting the usual.
Fickle fans and if leicester want him sacked, crikey, careful what you wish for eh.
We are more than holding our own, still a long way to go, but I'd rather be in our position than games in hand, win next sunday we could go top, easter is going to be the time to hold our nerve.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:46 pm Maybe because I've been away Ive not seen the posts, but who slagged farke off for the point at hudds ?
I think well thought out valid criticism is often mistaken for slagging off here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"