Daniel Farke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Daniel Farke

Post by pjm2019 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm Screenshot 2024-04-30 15.51.36.png
So did Leicester and Ipswich the 2 promoted clubs this season.

People keep saying we have the best 4 attackers in this league this season but other teams have scored more.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

pjm2019 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:32 am So did Leicester and Ipswich the 2 promoted clubs this season.

People keep saying we have the best 4 attackers in this league this season but other teams have scored more.
Other teams maybe get more goals from their strikers, or central midfield, or set-pieces, we have fallen short in all those sources of goals and not just this season :x
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:30 am Update from Connor on Farke's future, option to sign Rodon and keeping the squad together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6d_ZjcPDVk

I think signing Rodon and Roberts permanently is dependent on us getting promotion.

If Spurs, or Burnley, are looking to fleece us then we should look elsewhere for cheaper.
I could see Roberts signing even if we are still in the championship. His alternative is to stay at Burnley where he was presumably seen as not good enough for them in the prem so where is the motivation for him to stay?

Rodon has likely done enough to attract a bid from a mid to lower prem team.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:03 pm I could see Roberts signing even if we are still in the championship. His alternative is to stay at Burnley where he was presumably seen as not good enough for them in the prem so where is the motivation for him to stay?

Rodon has likely done enough to attract a bid from a mid to lower prem team.
Yeah, it's encouraging that Roberts was prepared to drop down to get some football, rather than just kicking his heels. He's looked good for this level and ok in the EPL and for Wales.

When you watch Leeds in the pre-match huddle Roberts is the one doing all the talking, even though he's new to the squad. I think he's been a good recruit, but unlucky to get injured.

Burnley are likely to get relegated along with Luton, especially as Forest are at the Blunts this weekend and also go to Burnley on the last match.

I think Rodon's contract is expiring at Spurs, so that lessens their bargaining position. He's looked good at Championship level, but doesn't have the talent, or ceiling of say Ben White.

So I think Rodon stays if we get promoted, as he'll be looking for EPL wages, and his suitors will pay them. Even if we go up I'd be happier if we recruit a RCB with a higher ceiling than Rodon.

As we already know, it's a different story all together to perform consistently at EPL level.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:46 pm Now then Bongo, how are you?
Not bad,can't believe what I'm watching in regards to the championship.

Seems like recruitment have made an arse of it again at your great club.

Again only proves how good a job my footballing father did at Leeds,I personally would sack whoever decided Agent Davis wasn't good enough to play for Leeds.

Shocking decision that.

Hope you are well and I want you guys to come up.

It's the board and general management that i think is holding you guys back.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Bongo1874 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 pm Good manager,but he ain't Marcelo.
He is a decent manager , better by far than Marsche or Gracia as I think they would have equally struggled in this division. Bielsa though , with this squad ....I think 100 points plus , this squad is far better than any Bielsa had here , he turned bang average into better players for a while , ok not world beaters , but they performed far better than they ever had and consistently. Farke and Bielsa....there is no comparison really .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: Daniel Farke- Press conference page 74

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:35 pm This basically.

The red flags were all clear at Norwich.

Buendia, Pukki scoring far more than his tactics created and Krul saving far more than his tactics gave away.
Unfortunately this is Farke' level , it's why when he has got to PL he has failed , he is a championship level manager, same as Warnock was, different styles of course but this is where he is at. If Leeds go up with him , though he deserves the chance if it happens, it will be a massive struggle. He doesn't have the knowledge or skills for the next level .
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm Screenshot 2024-04-30 15.51.36.png
The only problem with this is that when we went top with 10 games to go, we had 82 points....

8 points out of a possible 30 is relegation form...we could have won 4 games, drawn two and lost 4 in those last 10 games and still gone up in 2nd on goal difference.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 am He is a decent manager , better by far than Marsche or Gracia as I think they would have equally struggled in this division. Bielsa though , with this squad ....I think 100 points plus , this squad is far better than any Bielsa had here , he turned bang average into better players for a while , ok not world beaters , but they performed far better than they ever had and consistently. Farke and Bielsa....there is no comparison really .

Actually, I think they share several uncannily similar weaknesses. At times the downside of Farke's era feels a bit to me like a replay of Bielsa's era when things weren't going well for Bielsa.

1) They both stick rigidly to a certain style of play - even if that style of play is different when comparing the two managers.
2) They both tend to have favoured players, and tend to field these players irrespective of form, in the hope that they will turn it around.
3) They both seem to think that they can field more or less the same 11 players for an entire season, flog them to death and that results will stay consistent towards the end of a season.
4) In relation to point 3, they are both reluctant to give the younger players much game time, and tend to be obsessed with ' experience, ' even if the players with ' experience ' are bang out of form.
5) They are both reluctant to make changes during a match, at a time when it can influence the game.
6) They are both incredibly stubborn, and quite dogmatic in their approach.
7) Both seem to be too proud to admit it when they have got something wrong, and that another approach should be taken, even if it requires eating a chunk of humble pie.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 am [/b]

Actually, I think they share several uncannily similar weaknesses. At times the downside of Farke's era feels a bit to me like a replay of Bielsa's era when things weren't going well for Bielsa.

1) They both stick rigidly to a certain style of play - even if that style of play is different when comparing the two managers.
2) They both tend to have favoured players, and tend to field these players irrespective of form, in the hope that they will turn it around.
3) They both seem to think that they can field more or less the same 11 players for an entire season, flog them to death and that results will stay consistent towards the end of a season.
4) In relation to point 3, they are both reluctant to give the younger players much game time, and tend to be obsessed with ' experience, ' even if the players with ' experience ' are bang out of form.
5) They are both reluctant to make changes during a match, at a time when it can influence the game.
6) They are both incredibly stubborn, and quite dogmatic in their approach.
7) Both seem to be too proud to admit it when they have got something wrong, and that another approach should be taken, even if it requires eating a chunk of humble pie.
Hard to disagree with any of this.

I can envision the consternation this will invoke amongst some on here. I don't mind that at all though, nice one!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Always said he was a poor man's Bielsa, but "German Southgate" seems far more apt.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 am Hard to disagree with any of this.

I can envision the consternation this will invoke amongst some on here. I don't mind that at all though, nice one!
:tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Last time we collapsed this badly basically overnight was Javi Gracia.

Keeps mentioning international break but we won 1 drew 1 straight after that.

Then since Coventry total collapse.

What append?
Also this is absolute nonsense, risky approach? It was mind numbingly dull and surely you "have to win" every match? So why do you need a so called special approach?

If that was man to man it was absolutely appallingly coached.
Wild style? It was dull beyond belief to the points the fans chanted "shoot" to take the piss.And followed the exact same pattern as the 1st Southampton game, sounds every inch the manager who knows he's under pressure and the bosses were watching

"Erm it's not normally this bad"" may as well have said that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yet all our tactical genii on here seem to think we only play one way, cry out to play a different way, plan b etc. Trying a different way to try to combat an opposition is usually foolhardy especially when you hav a team that is well drilled in a certain way of playing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:52 pm Yet all our tactical genii on here seem to think we only play one way, cry out to play a different way, plan b etc. Trying a different way to try to combat an opposition is usually foolhardy especially when you hav a team that is well drilled in a certain way of playing.
Southampton changed the way they play for us!!!!!

Read the Southampton forum.

One manager was able to adapt one wasn't.

Farke by his own admission "opened the centre of the pitch against one of the best attacking sides".

Genius.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chatting to a mate who was at the game, he reckons we played no different to our usual style, contrary to Farke"s comments.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:33 pm Chatting to a mate who was at the game, he reckons we played no different to our usual style, contrary to Farke"s comments.
Wasn't any different.

A carbon copy of the 1st Southampton performance where they walked through us at will.

Owners were at this game though so got to make it sound like you were trying really hard and tried something different and usually it isn't this crap.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:39 pm Wasn't any different.

A carbon copy of the 1st Southampton performance where they walked through us at will.

Owners were at this game though so got to make it sound like you were trying really hard and tried something different and usually it isn't this crap.
As you say, apparently my source said the Saints walked through us down the middle & passed the ball out wide causing us all sorts of problems.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:33 pm Chatting to a mate who was at the game, he reckons we played no different to our usual style, contrary to Farke"s comments.
Shows how fans sometimes don't actual notice changes in tactics yet bleat on about changing tactics.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 pm As you say, apparently my source said the Saints walked through us down the middle & passed the ball out wide causing us all sorts of problems.
It was Daniel Farke who specifically said it was different.
Signed

King Cjay