Leeds v Forest - Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Forest - Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:29 pm Depends if they have been giving him a load of abuse, with a smaller crowd it is a lot easier to hear individual shouts. It isn't a good look though doing that and it might even have been to Forest fans cos he did play for them previously and they may have been giving him stick.
Fair comment Weasel :tup:

And I would always support any of our players if I'm at the match, regardless of how good, or bad, they're performing on the day.

No need for abuse, even to opposition players, and the death threats and all that crossed a line that should never be crossed.

He does have previous for cupping his ears to our supporters.

My view on that is, let your boots do the talking. You're a striker, put the chances away and there will be zero negativity, or abuse, directed towards you.

But if he is cupping his ears to our supporters, and if any of them do that, after the gutless garbage they've produced over the past two seasons then they are fair game.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:19 am You can see the difference if anyone watches our games or the clips I've posted up of Leeds training at Thorp Arch since Farke arrived.

I myself was negative last season, I knew we were going down at Christmas, our club was badly managed from top to bottom, LUFC stank to high heaven.

We are under new management now, the players appear happy, fit & raring to go.

Bring on Cardiff.

Come on Leeds :scar1
Keeping The Faith
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:19 am You can see the difference if anyone watches our games or the clips I've posted up of Leeds training at Thorp Arch since Farke arrived.

I myself was negative last season, I knew we were going down at Christmas, our club was badly managed from top to bottom, LUFC stank to high heaven.

We are under new management now, the players appear happy, fit & raring to go.

Bring on Cardiff.

Come on Leeds :scar1
👏👏👏

Keeping The Faith
Keeping The Faith
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Any news on why Summerville wasn't involved? And what's happened to Perkins?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Beeston Billy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Beeston Billy »

Not to get too carried away however that was a good performance, night and day to what we saw last season. Fitter players, playing for each other, passes generally went to our players which was one of the biggest problems of last season, not getting the basics right.

How refreshing to be talking about the likes of poveda, shackleton, creswell, rutter (to an extent), bamford etc... with positive words, not players that we want to get out of the club. The game really put a smile on my face, this is more like Leeds, a team that will run themselves into the ground for each other and fight.

Not too concerned as to who comes in and who goes out now, you can see the ethos of the players picked last night. Play like that, with that determination, belief and fight and we won't be far away come the end of the season IMO

Special mention for Cooper, he's been around forever, he's had PLENTY of critics, he's had some bad injuries but he's still here and quietly playing really well and exuding the confidence and experience we need.

Come on LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:36 pm Ian... unleashed!
Very positive performance by Ian, and I'm happy for him.

Let's hope he's given a chance and can push on.

He's playing in a forward position where we have plenty of depth, as should be the case all over the field if Orta and co had ditched their sentimentality and moved aside to make way for a professional recruitment team three years ago.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SnifferClarke wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:46 pm Early days but Ampadu looking a good signing,
Only 22 !
Good players always seem to have time and space and he ticks those boxes.

He's not a flashy player, but you need some steel and composure in midfield.

He does the simple things very well.

We've lacked that.

He could make a great midfield pairing with Adams, maybe similar to Petit and Vieira at the Arse. Absolutely nothing got past those two in their heyday.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Costa not involved last night either. He will surely be going elsewhere before the season starts.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

A lot to be positive about there, not least the cameraderie, it counts for a lot in a team when you instil that.

Absolutely everything i wanted to see there, of what i was hoping he was doing.

Well done DF in such a short space of time, he's most definitely either told them " Just hang fire and let me see what i can work with" or they've told him something similar.

It is the right way to go about things, i'm not getting carried away at all because that was far from a full blown Championship game and more of a 'run out'

But promising signs are there for sure and he's quietly working things out, the first surprise, apart from CC starting (which was a surprise) was the position Sinisterra was in for the shot in the first minute which had me wondering if he's found a more 'in the middle' role for him ?

Btw, i missed the game completely and have only seen the clip above of 7mins.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:02 am Costa not involved last night either. He will surely be going elsewhere before the season starts.
Yeah that type of thing tells me that player is not in his plans at all, hopefully Firpo was fit and neither is he.

And more interesting is the inclusion of the Shackleton types, hopefully he's told them as i would tell them....

"look you've ALL got a clean slate, my eyes are wide open, impress me, i don't want fcking petulant prima donnas, i want to see how you make your place your own in this squad, i want hardworking 'team' players playing for each other and not selfish numpties"
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

So who was missing, and who is so called "injured" ?

Is Jack injured or mia ? Costa was missing, Firpo mia ? No Darlow mentioned ? Anyone else missing that could be on their way out the club

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hopefully PB was cupping his ears to the Forest lot, if not, don't be doing that PB ffs, you're probably our best bet up front if you can stay fit and off the mobility scooter, just knuckle down, just finding the back of that net thingy will do enough cupping to shut us fans up.

;@)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

White Riot wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:45 am Very positive performance by Ian, and I'm happy for him.

Let's hope he's given a chance and can push on.

He's playing in a forward position where we have plenty of depth, as should be the case all over the field if Orta and co had ditched their sentimentality and moved aside to make way for a professional recruitment team three years ago.
Darth Poveda is back!
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Ok, it was just a pre season game but still nice to win. The thing that stood out for me was the way the players seemed to really enjoying themselves, something that wasn't in show very much last season. To me one the evidence of that short video there isn't as much negativity around as some people would have you believe.
It still wouldnt surprise me to see one or two more leave though in the coming weeks.
Nice to see Poveda having a decent game, hopefully he can push on now with that. I personally dont think it was a good goal, their keeper was at fault, he hardly moved his feet, a better keeper saves that all day long.
Nice to see Paddy back scoring, yes i know he misses too many but he is our best hope for a striker to score more than anyone else at the club, to date. As for sticking his fingers to his ears, I'm glad he did. Cant stand fans giving players dogs abuse regardless of how bad they are playing. He should have stuck 2 fingers up instead. :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:51 am Darth Poveda is back!
The Force is with us :)

It's not C3PO, it's ICPO 8-)

Poveda will provide :P
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

White Riot wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:33 am The Force is with us :)

It's not C3PO, it's ICPO 8-)

Poveda will provide :P
Yay!

:)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:37 am Yay!

:)
This is the way 8-)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:02 am Costa not involved last night either. He will surely be going elsewhere before the season starts.
He's got experience in Saudi Arabia
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:44 am Any news on why Summerville wasn't involved? And what's happened to Perkins?
Summerville is a 7 day concussion