Gigs (not that one!)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Gigs (not that one!)

Post by BradWhite »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:01 pm We're off to see a Bowie tribute act at Bridlington Spa in March.
I checked that act out and sounds better than the one we saw who sounded nothing like Bowie, it was over hammed and went into a Bowie's vocal impression of Anthony Newley. (his hero)

The costumes were good though.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Just bought tickets to see Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), trek to Manchester on a Sunday (groan...)

I'm going to see Paul Di'Anno on Saturday, for those that have no idea who he is, he was the original singer in Iron Maiden before Bruce.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:15 pm The Globe, Cardiff last night.

Uli Jon Roth - he might be 68 now, but he can still knock out a great tune on those strange looking Sky Guitars of his.

Some classic old Scorpions numbers inc. In Trance, Fly To The Rainbow, Pictured Life, We’ll Burn The Sky etc…

8DEC1356-7EFD-433D-B321-23617854B520.jpeg36591BC7-4B05-40E9-B466-4E52F91F62F9.jpeg
Scorpions were the first metal band I ever saw, we snook into the theatre when we were kids, we did that a lot, even saw the Clash, Scorpions are still a decent live band today.

Uli is a great guitarist, we went to see him in a small club and sadly there was roughly 50 people there.

I'm thread hogging. Sorry...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Tool are in the country next year. Probably the greatest metal band of all time.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BradWhite wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:06 am I checked that act out and sounds better than the one we saw who sounded nothing like Bowie, it was over hammed and went into a Bowie's vocal impression of Anthony Newley. (his hero)

The costumes were good though.
Hope so Brad, as this is my first tribute concert as I never saw my hero live.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:36 am Tool are in the country next year. Probably the greatest metal band of all time.
My ears couldn't take another metal band, watching heavy rock bands is a thing of the past for me.

I've seen many of the 70s rock bands live, such as Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Wishbone Ash, etc.

Santana are probably the loudest band I've seen, probably all the percussion they used, great concert all the same.

There are only a select few rock bands of old, I would go see live.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:36 am Tool are in the country next year. Probably the greatest metal band of all time.
Are you going to the O2 date ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:19 pm Are you going to the O2 date ?
Doubtful, would love to but probably won't. Doubt I'll be quick enough to get tickets to start with
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Legendary gig week for me in li’l ol’ Brisbane.
Monday night - Kraftwerk
Tonight - Morrissey
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:00 pm My ears couldn't take another metal band, watching heavy rock bands is a thing of the past for me.

I've seen many of the 70s rock bands live, such as Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Wishbone Ash, etc.

Santana are probably the loudest band I've seen, probably all the percussion they used, great concert all the same.

There are only a select few rock bands of old, I would go see live.

The loudest bands I ever saw was Motorhead, they were so loud and distorted it just sounded crap.
Also Mogwai and Godspeed You! Black Emperor who were piercingly loud.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It Bites for me, Guildford Civic in the early 80's .. way too loud, couldn't really hear the music. It was their heavy rock phase, not the AOR rock lite stuff
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Recent gigs:

Calexico Feat Of Wire 20th anniversary. Saw the original tour, which was one of my favourite ever gigs, back when they played small venues to about 150 people. Different format now from then, a few multi-instrumentalists rather than a big band, but still excellent.

Wednesday (the band). Like the album, but live they were too amateurish to enjoy.

Most gigs I've seen this year have been in Manchester, and I really don't like going into the city anymore, so will probably stick to smaller, local venues from now on.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I saw an Australian band called Baby Animals supporting Bryan Adams at the SECC many years ago

They were so loud the sound was distorted and you couldn't make out anything. Painful on the ears, could hardly hear for a week after that.

Bryan Adams was really great though, played for about three hours and put his heart and soul into it.

Glasgow's always a great place to see bands.

Oh, remembered I saw Punishment Of Luxury at Loch Lomond Rock Festival, and they were painful on the ears too, fkn awful shite :poo:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Always worth a trip to see Black Sabbitch when they’re in town 🤘

Down The Globe, Cardiff last night……..few beers and a Ruby beforehand, cracking night

2146D819-E115-4BF3-A34D-FDD1CA4EB9B2.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Got Saint Agnes on Friday, looking forward to that one ...
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Looking forward to my First gig of the year on Friday night, Man of Moon at The Mac Arts Centre in Gala as part of the Independent Venue week , feels like an age since a was last there yet it was only December
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Bit of 80’s nostalgia last night 🙂

ABC, with the Southbank Sinfonia
673F841C-3A30-42FD-BFCC-8A0839A51198.jpeg
A0A94EC3-A216-482A-AE55-2C85C35E2082.jpeg
DC10835A-9D80-4132-A4BE-633DAFD41F39.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saint Agnes with Bex at the Boileroom, must have been 200 in ...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:15 pm Saint Agnes with Bex at the Boileroom, must have been 200 in ...
About the perfect number for a gig, that.
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

British alternative rock band Placebo have been announced as a new headline artist for TK Maxx presents Live at The Piece Hall 2024.
Tickets on sale friday.