Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by geronimo »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:30 pm I know and I do understand fans frustrations. We are in a mess thanks to Radz and Co, maybe the 49ers as well, who knows what they knew before the take-over. I like many on here saw the great Revie team and some of the dross that came after and I'm beginning to get the same awful feeling that I did throughout the Liesdale debacle.
I can't do anything about the current situation which is why I just hope that somehow things will improve soon. In the meantime I'll get behind what's left of my beloved football club.....difficult as it is.
I understand but the debacle over Clough taking over the revie side then was a storm in a teacup compared to now
We still had great players then and were not in the league below like today
Since them days this club have gone through countless disasters, this current one involves getting virtually a new side before we even think about promotion, with an ownership who ain't put their hands in their pockets yet , the ridsdale fiasco involved spending too much money ,on players we didn't need ,the problems we have had since then is not spending enough money on the right player's ,which is down to corrupt and greedy owners
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:20 pm The Leeds paradox

The players who would put everything on the line for the team,EG Cooper, James and Ayling are deemed undesirable and the ones we like are engineering their own exit.

I just can't wait to get to the end of August now.
That's because no one wants them. If Fulham came back in for James on loan, he'd be off like a shot.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by BradWhite »

billysboots wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:33 am Rumours about Sinni, refusing to play?
Heard it was a slight niggle he picked up that he didn't want to aggravate, this usually means he is wanting out of the club too.

FFS what a club.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:00 pm That's because no one wants them. If Fulham came back in for James on loan, he'd be off like a shot.
So tell me of any player who woukdnt leave?
The fact his that while here he (James) has given his best.
Unfortunately for him he has never had the luxury of playing with a fit striker.

Ayling and Coops have given 100% for the club, never any trouble from them either.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:00 pm What do people expect though Leon, we've been well and truly shafted by the previous regime not to mention some players. I'm sure the few players we had available did their best. I agree that maybe some just aren't good enough, but it seems go me that some folk on here just don't understand the gravity of the club situation and just want to blame yesterday's team and Farke. This mess we've been left with is going to take some sorting out. I guess I can take this attitude as I didnt expect promotion or too much from this season.....constant moaning about it isn't going to change things, I just wish people would get behind the club!
As I said in an earlier post Swannie, it's not the fault of the players who remain at the club, unfortunately the majority of our squad are clearly not good enough to compete with the rigours of the championship.

As for Farke, I'm right behind him, he is the glue that is holding us together in this whole sordid mess.

I feel really sorry for Daniel, he is expected to create miracles with his hands tied behind his back.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:38 pm Also.. what a pair of mindless that's commentating....phrases like 'the Birmingham cauldron' and the electric atmosphere and the 'blues superiority '.....not sure what game they were watching !!!
I'm watching the delayed LUTV coverage now. Leeds commentators.

In the opening line, Bryn Law said "cauldron." So it's been confirmed from an independent source. Or maybe it was in their prematch notes.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:45 pm As I said in an earlier post Swannie, it's not the fault of the players who remain at the club, unfortunately the majority of our squad are clearly not good enough to compete with the rigours of the championship.

As for Farke, I'm right behind him, he is the glue that is holding us together in this whole sordid mess.

I feel really sorry for Daniel, he is expected to create miracles with his hands tied behind his back.
I balk at saying "not good enough." Every member of this squad has played plenty of games at championship or higher. It's more that they're not good enough to be leading players in a promotion challenging championship team. They're good enough to make the squad, But they need more quality and experience around them.

Sadly, the quality we do have is leaving out on loan. And the fact that they're leaving on loan means that we don't have the money to buy quality replacements. My worst fear is that we'll be playing out the season with Orta's youth signings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:33 pm So tell me of any player who woukdnt leave?
The fact his that while here he (James) has given his best.
Unfortunately for him he has never had the luxury of playing with a fit striker.

Ayling and Coops have given 100% for the club, never any trouble from them either.
Which is why fans need to stop bashing players that are fully committed to the cause. Cooper, Ayling, Bamford.

Throw abuse at those that are creating friction. Get behind those that want the best for this club.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:30 pm I know and I do understand fans frustrations. We are in a mess thanks to Radz and Co, maybe the 49ers as well, who knows what they knew before the take-over. I like many on here saw the great Revie team and some of the dross that came after and I'm beginning to get the same awful feeling that I did throughout the Liesdale debacle.
I can't do anything about the current situation which is why I just hope that somehow things will improve soon. In the meantime I'll get behind what's left of my beloved football club.....difficult as it is.
This current state of affairs is on par, if not worse, with the Ridsdale debacle.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:20 pm The Leeds paradox

The players who would put everything on the line for the team,EG Cooper, James and Ayling are deemed undesirable and the ones we like are engineering their own exit.

I just can't wait to get to the end of August now.
Same
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

What a dull affair. Just finished watching on LUTV.

We had one shot on target. Birmingham didn't have one on target until the 83rd minute. Only other shot on target was the penalty.

Neither team showed any urgency to win the game. We were especially poor in that regard. Time wasting several times on free kicks in our own half. Notably, Joffy tired to run off when subbed - Farke told him to walk.

I kind of understand a little. Farke knows he doesn't have the quality right now. Was probably happy to take a 0-0.

Don't agree with the penalty. And referee was especially bad. Missed Gelhardt getting pulled back when chasing a long ball in first 10 minutes. Failed to stop play when he overturned possession from Amapdu. Still, no complaints. We were poor and deserved nothing.

Individually, the performances weren't as bad as many have said in previous comments here. We were untroubled in defence for the most part. We just don't have quality in our front line. We don't have a game changer. But what do you expect. We were missing Bamford, Rutter (bench), Summerville, Sinisterra, Gnonto, Harrison. And we haven't made one attacking addition to the squad.

We didn't have enough bodies to fill the bench. Even with an extra keeper. Only attacking options were Rutter and (less so) Bate. Can all these primadonnas that are crippling our club right now just f'off. Let's get some players in that actually want to play.