Leeds vs Ipswich Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds vs Ipswich Player Ratings

Post by Cjay »

Plus any individual analysis

Meslier
Ayling
Rodon
Struijk
Byram

Ampadu
Gray

Sinisterra
Gnonto
Piroe

Rutter

Gelhardt
Cresswell
Drameh
Shackleton
Gyabi
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds vs Ipswich player ratings

Post by Scott »

Meslier 6
Ayling 6
Rodon 7
Struijk 7
Byram n/a
Ampadu 8
Gray 8
Sinisterra 8
Gnonto 8
Piroe 9
Rutter 9
Gelhardt 6
Drameh 2
Shackleton 8
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7.5 - Not to blame for any of the goals, couple of nice saves and some dodgy punching
Ayling - 7 - Started very poorly, but impressed as the game went on
Byram - 8.5 INJ - 23M - Hopefully back soon but do we now have 2 good left backs plus a decent one? Some quality defending before the injury
Ampadu - 8 - Cool and collected in centre mid, didn't need to put many fires out
Rodon - 7.5 - To blame for the second goal but made up for it later
Struijk - 8.5 - Didn't put a foot wrong
Gnonto - 8.5 - Outstanding, great finish and a lot of skill and vision
Gray - 8 - Started very well, less involved later
Piroe - 9 - We have a true predator, but there was a lot more to his game than just box work
Rutter - 9 - Great to see him score and very very good today, all 90 plus minutes
Sinisterra -9 - Excellent, started slowly but MOTM for me by the end, dictated play second half imo

Drameh - 6.5 - Looked rusty, probably gone by the first of the month but he did show quality at times, not to blame for the second
Shackelton - 9 - 45 minutes of class
Gelhardt - 7 - Some nice touches
Gyabi - 6 - Not enough time
Cresswell - 6 - Not enough time
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Meslier 6
Ayling 6
Rodon 7
Struijk 8
Byram 7
Ampadu 8
Gray 8
Sinisterra 8
Gnonto 8
Piroe 8
Rutter 8
Gelhardt 6
Drameh 2
Shackleton 8
LeedsandtheBadSeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LeedsandtheBadSeeds »

Meslier 7, solid with some very good saves but have to blame some of the defensive organization on his communication
Ayling 4, he did much better second half but liability in the first, I know he helped with a goal but he needs to be able to do so in sync with the center backs and midfield and Willy too
Rodon 6, hard for me to blame him overall when our entire defense was under so much pressure and struggling
Struijk 6, the match would have been a horror show if he wasn’t as consistent as he was
Byram 6, excellent but fragile sigh

Ampadu 7, put a shift without much help in the first half, steady presence and becoming a threat in the second half
Gray 7, see ampadu, solid too in the second allowing ampadu to push forward at times

Sinisterra 9, MOTM, did little wrong except contributing to overall loose defensive structure in the first half, otherwise perfect on the left
Gnonto 7, very threatening and took his goal well, see Sinisterra about loose defense
Piroe 7, this is a great debut on his first full day on the team

Rutter 8, found his role, did excellent getting back in the second and making himself a presence up and down the pitch

Gephardt 6, solid when he came in
Cresswell 5, he needs time and coaching
Drameh 2, shocking, not what he was promised to be or what he showed himself evidently on other teams when on loan, hard to blame it all solely being out of position, he may have had a couple of nice passes, but complete collapse in decision making in a position that can’t afford it. He had a good tackle after his own mistake, but…only playing 20 minutes, and I can buy he’s back from injury against a paced team, changed to a 2 from a 1
Shackleton 8, saved the game by shoring up the left back against a team tearing us up on the flanks, and out of position, and pushed forward as a threat, and…almost a 9 but played only a half…
Gyabi n/a, but he showed some steel in his cameo, better than his prior performances

Adding Farke and ref

Farke 7, found Rutter a role, got Gnonto and sini back, no hesitation to hook drameh, team played much better in the second half, the team works hard for him. Still iffy on d, great first win
Ref 4, I’ve seen worse esp in the championship, but still just a championship level ref
Last edited by LeedsandtheBadSeeds on Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Being clinical today made the difference. The front 4 were unplayable at times but we do still look vulnerable at the back and in the middle. Ipswich are good side with confidence, i can't see too many sides coming away with a win down there.

Meslier 7: Good solid game from Illan. Punched well and some decent saves to boot. Ipswich pressed us more so distribution wasn't as comfortable. Dramah's pass was awful but it should have been sorted between him and Rodon. Miscommunication.

Ayling 7: Better all round game from Bill. Linked up with attack well lots of energy in a difficult game.

Rodon 7: I was a bit unsure first half but second half made some important blocks and tackles second half.

Struijk 7: Carried the ball well and linked with midfield well. Looked shaky when Ipswich got in behind. The high line didn't work first half although they looked to have a fair shout for offside on a few occasions. Couldn't tell with the camera angle on the stream i watched.

Byram 7: Once again looking the part with an assist. Gutted to see him go off. Although he walked off without any signs of serious injury.

Ampadu 9: Once again the star man for me i thought he was everywhere. He got caught in possession a few times but he always wants the ball and rarely makes a bad pass. At this level he's looking like the bargain of the decade.

Gray 7: Started brilliantly but like other games fades as the game goes on. I remember on cracking pass out wide which shows off his quality.

Sinisterra 6: A little disappointed with his all round contribution but we know what he's capable of infront of goal. I think maybe its just his demeanor but lacks a little urgency at times.

Gnonto 6: Same as Sini. Even on a bad day they can produce goals like they did today. They could have made the difference in the games they opted out of.

Piroe 8: Fantastic debut he's going to be a real asset. You can tell he's an intelligent footballer with an eye for goal. Would have been higher if he had tucked that cracking ball away from Shacks. A proper forwards goal that was.

Rutter 8: What a goal. That left foot drag of the ball to take him away from the defenders and then the precise finish with his weaker foot. He looked up for it today because maybe he realised the quality around him demanded it.

Drameh 5: Despite playing some lovely forward passes let himself down where it matters to him and Farke. Defending. That lazy ball to whom i'm not sure, cost him his place. I think he wants out.

Shackleton 9: Changed the game coming on at LB. He was excellent going forward and took away there best threat down that side. That pass to Sini was cracking. I said he's needs to play in league 1.. I meant France obviously.

Great day at the office. David Brent would have loved that game.
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Leeds vs Ipswich Player Ratings

Post by Jimang »

Meslier... 7.5. Not at fault with any of the goals, but made some crucial saves.
Ayling... 6.5. Got forward well as normal, was under pressure a few times defensively. Don't have a problem with the Ayling flop, but he must stop handling the ball when he does it.
Byram... 8 Looked very good till he got injured. Got forward well and super ball for Gnonto goal.
Rodon... 7.5.Unlucky with the own goal. Defended well in general, few important blocks and headers.
Streijk... 7. Ok game.
Ampedu... 8.Got stuck in as normal, played well.
Gray... 7..Again worked hard in midfield. Couple of times lost his player.
Gnonto... 7. Took a chance getting into the position well for his goal.
Rutter.. 9. Great individual goal, did his confidence the world of good. Held play up well and linked up with Piroe well. Best game for Leeds.
Piroe.. 8 Excellent debut, well positioned for his goal, a few decent shots, and nice link up play.
Sini.. 7.5.Took his goal well, in and out of the game a bit but has real class.

Drameh.. 2.Shocking, did not seem to be concentrating. Cost us a goal and lost the ball which almost cost another.
Shackleton.. 8.5. Great energy, nice assist for Sinis goal. Excellent game at left back.
Gelhardt.. 6 Little time to shine
Gyabi.. 6. Too late to show anything.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 7 - Can't really fault him for the goals. Did the other things all very well.
Ayling - 6 - Five for the first half, seven for the second.
Byram - 8 INJ - 23M - Looked very, very good for the time he was on. Hope the injury isn't serious.
Ampadu - 8 - What a great signing. How did we land him for "only" seven million?
Rodon - 8 - Would have been even higher but for.........you know,
Struijk - 8.5 - One of his best games for a long while
Gnonto - 8.5 - Fantastic game. Played under control both physically and mentally.
Gray - 8 - Started very well, sort of anonymous for most of the second half, but made some key plays down the stretch.
Piroe - 9 - Outstanding game in pretty much all phases. Has a real eye for goal and an excellent work rate.
Rutter - 9 - What a great goal. Showed power, skill, finesse.
Sinisterra -9 - Great game, beautifully taken goal. If we can hold on to Sinisterra and Gnonto we will score a ton of goals. One more week to go in the window.

Drameh - 5 - Not a good performance, but not really his fault playing for the first time in a while and out of position. Hope his confidence remains intact.
Shackelton - 9 - Gorgeous assist on Sinisterra's goal was only a small part of what he did.
Gelhardt - n/a
Gyabi - n/a
Cresswell - n/a
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-7 .
Ayling-6
Rodon-6
Struijk-6
Byram- n/a

Ampadu-8
Gray-8

Sinisterra-9
Gnonto-8
Piroe-8

Rutter-9

Gelhardt-6
Cresswell-6
Drameh-4
Shackleton-8
Gyabi-6
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

star-wars.gif
star-wars.gif (378.74 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:06 pm Plus any individual analysis

Meslier
Ayling
Rodon
Struijk
Byram

Ampadu
Gray

Sinisterra
Gnonto
Piroe

Rutter

Gelhardt
Cresswell
Drameh
Shackleton
Gyabi
Meslier 7. Good game. His positioning worries me sometimes. Also not sure how much he directs his defenders. Would like to see Darlow a few games to compare.
Ayling - 6.5. I'm a fan of dear old Luke. He made some excellent clearances and accurate long passes. Its his attitude I love. Nice moment with Willie after his goal.I've always thought he is actually more of a midfielder than defender at heart. Age making him slow on the turn now against pacy attackers.
Rodon- 7 solid performance. Can't blame him for the OG. It looked miles offsides.
Struijk - 7 solid again. Seems to know his role and instructions now. Captain potential.
Byrum - 7 great game prior to injury. Cross for Willie's goal outstanding. Plays for the shirt.
Ampadu and Gray - 8 - putting them together as a midfield unit. Both excellent movers and readers of the game. Playing well as a unit.
Archie is one of our better players in 1v1 situations. Not flashy, but wins a lot of ball. But we can't play him 90 minutes every game for the rest of the season.
Sini 7.5. Great goal, and skills. He can be a bit slow to engage and win the ball at times. But we must keep him
Gnonto 7.5 looked a bit rusty, but great commitment - given all the bs of the past weeks.
Piroe - 8 big dude who reads the game well. Great Gert Muller type goal, and gets stuck in. Excited for what he'll do for us and I think he energized Rutter.
Rutter - 8. Looked for the 1st time like the player we bought. Goal was excellent!!
Shackleton - 7 played really well. Direct runs and what an assist for Sinis's goal.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 8

Ayling 7

Rodon 6

Struijk 7

Byram 6

Ampadu 8

Gray 7

Sinisterra 8

Gnonto 8

Piroe 8

Rutter 9

Drameh 5

Shackleton 8
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:47 pm Any more ratings
I’ve got to finish watching the replay. Ratings hopefully by COB tomorrow…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 8
Ayling 7
Rodon 8.5
Struijk 7
Byram 7
Ampadu 8.5
Gray 7
Sinisterra 9
Gnonto 8
Piroe 9
Rutter 9
Drameh 5
Shackleton 8
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:47 am I’ve got to finish watching the replay. Ratings hopefully by COB tomorrow…
Good man, Joe :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Rutter
:silver: Piroe
:bronze: Shackleton