Salford City v Leeds United - Players Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Salford City v Leeds United - Players Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Your ratings out of ten

Darlow
Shackleton
Cresswell
Struijk
Hjelde
Ampadu
Gray
Summerville
Gnonto
Georginino
Gelhardt
subs
1964white

Re: Salford City v Leeds United - Players Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Bump
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Darlow - 4: didn’t have a lot to do during the 90 minutes but even so didn’t inspire me with confidence. Looked nervous before the penalty shoot out and it showed.
Shackleton - 7: played well again in his customary scampering fashion. I could tell he was going to miss his penalty but thought his overall performance worth a decent mark.
Cresswell - 6: a relatively quiet night for him but still not easy versus a couple of 7ft centre forwards.
Struijk - 7: made one miraculous last ditch tackle and an extra point for scoring our goal, still looked slightly troubled with a league 2 attack.
Hjelde - 5: very ordinary, which is not good enough
Ampadu - 7: solid enough
Gray - 8: always seems to find space and even when he finds himself in a tight corner he somehow manages to emerge with the ball. If he can now work on providing a killer pass or two he’s going to be a hell of a player
Summerville - 7.5: didn’t always work for him tonight but he’s not scared of trying different things, very good in tight areas
Gnonto - 7.5: same as Summerville, a right handful for defenders. Is nice and feisty too
Rutter - 4: what can say about this guy. Had a sublime 15/20 minutes in the first half then disappeared only emerging to take a pathetic penalty. I don’t know!!
Gelhardt - 5: looked like a boy playing in a man’s game

Subs:
Greenwood - 6: did ok
Sinisterra - 5: just ok
LeedsandtheBadSeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LeedsandtheBadSeeds »

Only saw the second half, so comments only, no numbers

2nd half only, no numbers:
Darlow - good enough during regular play, wish he got his hands on more of the pens that he guessed right on, was a little slow in choosing as well with that side to side thing allowing the pen taker o time him
Shackleton - played well again on the wing, can see that his teammates trust him, paired better with Sinisterra on the left than he did with Gnonto
Cresswell - for the most part solid, afraid that Sal City is his level, he needs game time and needs to show improvement this year
Struijk - he gets a lot of flak but I like him, solid and did well to get many scoring efforts tonight including our one goal out of 33 tries. I see him improving as a player consistently and the championship will do him well to prepare EPL with us next year (fingers crossed)
Hjelde - struggling to know whether he deserves a bench role, but we have no other regular options
Ampadu - I liked what saw, he became more effective when Summerville took center after Gelhardt left, sini on the pitch makes everyone better
Gray - solid but I think others rate him too highly, he didn’t do as well as Ampadu although he did very well, the difference being his ability to influence a greater space around him, that will definitely come though and he’s never a liability, the team trusts him too
Summerville - excellent when sini came on, not as effective in bringing Rutter into the game as Piroe did, but always is a goal threat. I’d like to see what he does with farkes coaching this season
Gnonto - he’s totally bullying it and into it now, some great crosses and crating half as the match went on, hope he’s as active and dedicated this Saturday
Rutter - he had some flashes near the end when sini came on and Gnonto had his tail feathers up, let’s see if he can make a showing this Saturday after shooting the most embarrassing pen I’ve ever seen at any level
Gelhardt - he may be off on a loan after today, not in sync in this system, doesn’t know how to break down a tough d in that role

Subs:
Greenwood - good showing, hope he’s earned more play time with some sharp passes from the dm role, did see enough otherwise though to make a judgment. Good pen
Sinisterra - not his best but robbed a goal, just being there helped the offense flow
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Darlow 5
Shackleton 8
Cresswell 7
Struijk 7
Hjelde 6
Ampadu 7
Gray 7
Summerville 8
Gnonto 8
Georginino 7
Gelhardt 5

Sinisterra 7
Greenwood 6
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Darlow 6
Shackleton 8
Cresswell 7
Struijk 9
Hjelde 5
Ampadu 7
Gray 7
Summerville 9
Gnonto 8
Georginino 7
Gelhardt 6

Sinisterra 7
Greenwood 6
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Darlow-6
Shackleton-7.5
Cresswell-7
Struijk-7.5
Hjelde-4
Ampadu-7.5
Gray-7.5
Summerville-7
Gnonto-7
Georginino-3
Gelhardt-3

If we could get £30m for Rutter now move him on
If we could get £5m for Gelhardt move him on
if we could get £3m for Hjelde move him on

If we could get £1m for Bate move him on
if we could get £1m for cody move him on
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Darlow 5
Shackleton 8
Cresswell 7
Struijk 7
Hjelde 5
Ampadu 7
Gray 7
Summerville 7
Gnonto 7.5
Rutter 6
Gelhardt 3

Sinisterra 6
Greenwood 6
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Darlow 6
Shackleton 8
Cresswell 6
Struijk 8
Hjelde 4
Ampadu 8
Gray 7
Summerville 9
Gnonto 8
Georginino 7
Gelhardt 6
subs:
Sinisterra 6
Greenwood 6
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thanks Leon forgot about this

Darlow-5
Shackleton-8
Cresswell-7
Struijk-7
Hjelde-5
Ampadu-7
Gray-7
Summerville-8.5
Gnonto-8
Georginino-7
Gelhardt-5
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What the heck. No one can complain that Farke didn't go for it with a weakened team. I would have allowed Archie a rest tho personally. That's the fringe players done for the season. Strange game we battered them but credit to Salford they defended for their lives.

Darlow 5: Its only one game but that basketball hoop shape he made to let that penalty in will go down in folklore. Should please our American audience. He could be on the bench until the next cup.

Shackleton 8: I thought he was brilliant again probably shaded MOTM. On the night how many times did we hit the bar...

Cresswell 6: I like the way he carries the ball forward into space when he see's the opportunities. It draws other players from their man.

Struijk 7: Mat Smith is a big lump and he had Pascal in his pocket in the air. He's an handful for anybody tho. Good goal to get us back into it a prolong the agony.

Hjelde 5: Definitely not the marauding LB we need. Slows things down in attack and got turned inside out a few times at the back. And yet the club don't seem to see the position has a problem?

Ampadu 7: Solid as usual from Amps. Needs to practice his shooting ability if he is to get amongst the goals this season.

Gray 7: I think he should have had a rest.

Summerville 7: Tormented the Salford players at times just couldn't find the back of the net only the post.

Gnonto 8: That first half is how i remember him.

Georginino 6: Some good intelligent touches and some nice runs just needs to slow himself down at times. If we need to beef up midfield with Shacks he will be the one to make way.

Gelhardt 5: That was Joffy's time to shine again and despite some nice touches he didn't do enough again. We have so many forward options its difficult to see him playing much this season.

Sinisterra 6: Another one i was surprised to see on the field.
Greenwood 7: I thought he did ok for a change in his cameo.

I had a feeling that the players felt they could go through the gears at any time to blow Salford away. Unfortunately the clock beat them to it. Complacency, lack of respect.. Whatever it was without Piroe it didn't work again in front of goal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Summerville
:silver: Shackleton
:bronze: Gnonto