Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Post by Ellandback1 »

Saturday 28th October 12:30pm | Elland Road

Fresh from their abysmal defeat at Stoke midweek, Leeds must regroup quickly for the visit of local rivals Huddersfield Town on Saturday lunchtime. This will be both sides third game in the space of a week, albeit Huddersfield have had an extra 24 hours to recover from their 4-0 home loss to Cardiff on Tuesday evening. Leeds may have a stronger squad, but like so many other teams, the Terriers are expected to suddenly up their game when facing the Whites.

Recent results may favour Leeds, but as we know, local derbies can be wholly unpredictable. Leeds completed the double over their neighbours during the 2019/20 season, yet had lost their previous three. There are eight points and eighteen places between the two clubs, with Darren Moore's side hovering dangerous close to the drop zone, cushioned by a five point gap.

Leeds fans will be hoping that Junior Firpo, Stuart Dallas and Djed Spence will all see some action sometime soon. The trio have 10 minutes of game time between them, but Daniel Farke has been cautious not to use them until they are 100% fit.

Charlie Cresswell, Joe Gelhardt and Leo Hjelde continue to be overlooked, having not even featured in any of Daniel Farke's recent matchday squads. Archie Gray looks set to continue at right-back in favour of Luke Ayling. The gaffer feels it's a less strenuous role. Crysencio Summerville and Dan James will fight it out with with Wilfred Gnonto and Jaidon Anthony for the respective wide positions, whilst Glen Kamara may be preferred over Ilia Gruev.

The visitors will be without injured quartet Oliver Turton, Josh Ruffels, David Kasumu and Danny Ward. Josh Koroma may displace Delano Burgzorg, and join Kian Harratt up front. Tom Lees looks set to face his former club!

New season VPN offer! Get NordVPN with 62% off + 3 months free...

Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by Leighton »

Can't help thinking Gray will pick up an injury based on the minutes played in a week

He isn't fully grown and those ligaments/tendons are at risk!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Erm, Leeds fans won't be frigging hoping Firpo gets some action sometime soon.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John will never forget his first ER experience.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:06 am Erm, Leeds fans won't be frigging hoping Firpo gets some action sometime soon.
I will...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:27 am I will...
Glutton for punishment.

Strongest 11 and introduce subs in due course according to how the game's going.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:35 am Glutton for punishment.

Strongest 11 and introduce subs in due course according to how the game's going.
You read way too much into my posts and usually stuff I've not said. At no point did I say he should start over Byram, just that for me he'd be a decent LB at this level and I'd be ok him starting in case of injury or suspension to the former.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:00 pm You read way too much into my posts and usually stuff I've not said. At no point did I say he should start over Byram, just that for me he'd be a decent LB at this level and I'd be ok him starting in case of injury or suspension to the former.
I think you need to pay a lot more attention to his defending, bad timing of tackles, bad positioning, useless tracking back and an head like a Sheriffs badge.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Flaming early kick offs, rolling out of bed into the car tomorrow morning 🤬🤬🤬
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:50 pm I think you need to pay a lot more attention to his defending, bad timing of tackles, bad positioning, useless tracking back and an head like a Sheriffs badge.
I pay plenty of attention thanks.. How many games have you seen him play in the Championship?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

We will win this en. When the lads have something to prove they get the bit between the teeth. Then on to beating LC on their patch.

5-0.... The Pomeranian's won't know what's hit them.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:03 pm I pay plenty of attention thanks.. How many games have you seen him play in the Championship?
I've no idea, so let's see huh if he gets his chance.

But i feel i've seen enough that he'll struggle defensively in the Conference.

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:27 am I will...
Would be glad to have him back too. The more options the better.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Its a must win game - you can see why Archie is been used at RB, we just do not have anyone that is going to be able to fill the position.
Ayling is cover at best, Dallas, well we can all hope, but is he the same player since the injury. Spence is the one I am looking forward to seeing, if the guy can prize himself off the treatment table.
As for Firpo I hope he never plays for Leeds again. The guy is unreliable and when he can't make the tackle, he picks up yellow cards for fun. Expect a high octane encounter with Piroe adding to his goal tally
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:55 pm Flaming early kick offs, rolling out of bed into the car tomorrow morning 🤬🤬🤬
The blessing is, we'll be home earlier, mate.

See you tomorrow, Kev.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:26 pm The blessing is, we'll be home earlier, mate.

See you tomorrow, Kev.
You bring that win home tomorrow, '64 and Barlow, or don't you bother coming back here at all :)
In Farke we trust...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:26 pm The blessing is, we'll be home earlier, mate.

See you tomorrow, Kev.
Enjoy guys.....photos please
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Looks like the Terriers may be without midfielder Jack Rudoni who was seen in a protective boot after their match vs. Cardiff on Tuesday. He has three goals and one assist. Given that we've been exploited in midfield on a few occasions this can't hurt.

Source: https://motleedsnews.com/news/injury-up ... own-clash/
In Farke we trust...
Ken Pow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Ken Pow »

Like last week, please keep the score line out of the headline. It was much appreciated after I missed the alarm!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

With two 0-0 derby games in the bag here is hoping for an uplift.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa