Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Sean_Nile »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:49 pm This is the link I found, Joe, but for me the video gets replaced with the message, "This video is not available in your location."

Source: https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/ ... 3943452728
Try using the Opera browser which has built in VPN... it will also block annoying ads.

I was getting exactly the same for Sky videos in Finland but by using Opera I was able to bypass the restrictions.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:07 am Just watched the highlights. Dewsbury-Hall had Ayling pinned down for THAT jump and Mes save. Ayling wasn't to blame, should have been a free kick.
Gaining any advantage on the opposite player from getting up is part and parcel of the game. Happens in both boxes all the time. Ayling was slightly out of position in terms of body shape and DH took advantage. Ayling is normally very adept at doing this to the opposition, he got caught out, but coming on with a few minutes to play when the ball is pretty much going one way is not an easy task. But a lot of fans have little perspective around the full circumstances of a player making a mistake.

Have Ayling’s and Cooper’s back legs suddenly gone. Lots of posts about how Cooper cannot keep up these days. People obviously did not listen to the fitness levels of the team during that Harry Potter actor you tube interview with the physio Rob Price.

The fact is we have better players in those positions, hence why they are on the bench. Pascal has surpassed Cooper and Gray - Ayling.

For me Ayling is still a very good attacking full back at this level. Defensively he has always been suspect. Even during the Bielsa 1st season.

I am looking forward to the return of Dallas. First mistake he makes the ‘feral like’ blame culture mob will soon say how he isn’t the same player, his days are over etc etc,
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:33 am Gaining any advantage on the opposite player from getting up is part and parcel of the game. Happens in both boxes all the time. Ayling was slightly out of position in terms of body shape and DH took advantage. Ayling is normally very adept at doing this to the opposition, he got caught out, but coming on with a few minutes to play when the ball is pretty much going one way is not an easy task. But a lot of fans have little perspective around the full circumstances of a player making a mistake.

Have Ayling’s and Cooper’s back legs suddenly gone. Lots of posts about how Cooper cannot keep up these days. People obviously did not listen to the fitness levels of the team during that Harry Potter actor you tube interview with the physio Rob Price.

The fact is we have better players in those positions, hence why they are on the bench. Pascal has surpassed Cooper and Gray - Ayling.

For me Ayling is still a very good attacking full back at this level. Defensively he has always been suspect. Even during the Bielsa 1st season.

I am looking forward to the return of Dallas. First mistake he makes the ‘feral like’ blame culture mob will soon say how he isn’t the same player, his days are over etc etc,
I like the analogy that old players are like horses or dogs. Fans would like them put to sleep or maybe left to roam around the paddock eating hay.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:52 am Try using the Opera browser which has built in VPN... it will also block annoying ads.

I was getting exactly the same for Sky videos in Finland but by using Opera I was able to bypass the restrictions.
Is that right Senile, when i'm abroad i use a vpn called surfshark on my firestick but struggle to watch BBC stuff and ITV CH4 boxsets etc, does this Opera browser overcome that ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Are we all agreed this game was our best performance to date then ?

It was here, and ticked a lot of boxes for me in our progression.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Yes. Against the runaway leaders at their gaff.
An all round performance including the boss.

Plymouth are 26 for / 25 against on 16 points.
We’ve scored 13 at home and are unbeaten.
They’ve conceded 12 away and not won.
Different kind of pressure.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:52 am Try using the Opera browser which has built in VPN... it will also block annoying ads.

I hadn't thought of trying that, Sean. Thanks for the suggestion.
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Overman wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:27 pm There's no joke there, it's not a red herring. I did fish a fair bit in the East End docks (Limehouse and Wapping) and the canals back in the late 80s. Mainly pulling out eels, and a few body parts here and there.
There’s a dedicated thread for discussing our tackle and rods now. I caught a sheep once. On a back cast. Cracking fight.
hector

Post by hector »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 am Is that right Senile, when i'm abroad i use a vpn called surfshark on my firestick but struggle to watch BBC stuff and ITV CH4 boxsets etc, does this Opera browser overcome that ?
When you use sufrshark do you have it set to local??

If you choose the location to UK then you should get the UK stuff
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:23 pm He’s reposting comments from the Leicester message boards, Orange.
Yeah he said so, serves me right for not following the threads, but to be fair I wasn’t going to miss a single minute of that game, what a cracker.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:52 am Are we all agreed this game was our best performance to date then ?

It's a statement of intent and hopefully puts lots of doubt into the Leicester players minds going forward - they still need to drop a lot of points

Will be interesting to see how Boro set up against them on Saturday
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:45 am Yeah he said so, serves me right for not following the threads, but to be fair I wasn’t going to miss a single minute of that game, what a cracker.
Can’t blame you one bit. I got pulled into a meeting at the 30 minute mark. Had to wait an hour to resume watching. Was able to fast forward past HT, I still was behind in the thread for a bit. Great game. Here’s to many more in our favor!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:52 am Are we all agreed this game was our best performance to date then ?

Without a doubt Ken.
Should give the players all the confidence they need ,going in to a favourable 7 game run up to the game against Ipswich on 23 Dec.
We should be a lot closer to Ipswich by the time we are stuffing our faces with mince pies. Hopefully.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 am Is that right Senile, when i'm abroad i use a vpn called surfshark on my firestick but struggle to watch BBC stuff and ITV CH4 boxsets etc, does this Opera browser overcome that ?
Can't say about those sites because I have never tried them. I have only tried it with the sky sports stuff which is not available in Finland, and it works.

you can either have data saving or VPN switched on but not both at the same time.

With data saving on all the ads that are normally downloaded are blocked, and it saves you more than a gigabyte of bandwidth during the day.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Sean_Nile wrote: Can't say about those sites because I have never tried them. I have only tried it with the sky sports stuff which is not available in Finland, and it works.

you can either have data saving or VPN switched on but not both at the same time.

With data saving on all the ads that are normally downloaded are blocked, and it saves you more than a gigabyte of bandwidth during the day.
data saving on
IMG_20231105_152350.jpg
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:26 am I hadn't thought of trying that, Sean. Thanks for the suggestion.
I should also say that they have on offer a more advanced VPN with more nodes around the world but I have just stuck with the free one that comes with the browser and it has worked to allow me to see the sky videos in Finland.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:03 am When you use sufrshark do you have it set to local??

If you choose the location to UK then you should get the UK stuff
Cheers, I've asked at the wrong time really coz i'm in the UK, but will try all when next abroad :tup:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:10 pm Without a doubt Ken.
Should give the players all the confidence they need ,going in to a favourable 7 game run up to the game against Ipswich on 23 Dec.
We should be a lot closer to Ipswich by the time we are stuffing our faces with mince pies. Hopefully.
I think so.

DF's best game and ours as a team, with each seemingly knowing their job, we looked v coherent and balanced.

But the positioning of Ampadu and Kamara impressed me the most, with Kamara trying to add some bite a touch further up and Ampadu covering more towards the back, but the distance between both at any given time seemed to just come natural. Even better would be if this is down to DF.

Gerrard and Lampard could never get it right together for England coz they both have the same attacking instincts, you have a split second to think and when both think and move the same, gaps appear coz you both want to do the same stuff and it doesn't work even though they're both good, it's why for me it never worked for England, it had to be one or the other.

They don't have to be startling players, but these two of ours i'm hoping both have a good reading of the game, and where to break down play and also take up position out of possession, all about timing.

So on the left atm it's Bygum - Kamara - Jimmy that should be working together on that side and Gray - Ampadu - James ont tother, and they each get better and better and better together, it can all fck up and seem like back to the drawing board if you throw someone like say Gnonto into the mix through an injury or what he tried v Stoke with Anthony looking like a fish out of water.

Fine margins, but i'm pretty sure DF saw his best team in action v Leicester.

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:47 pm Can’t blame you one bit. I got pulled into a meeting at the 30 minute mark. Had to wait an hour to resume watching. Was able to fast forward past HT, I still was behind in the thread for a bit. Great game. Here’s to many more in our favor!
amen to that
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well that was a lovely watch second time around.

I love our tattooed Welsh wizard at the back.

We now have a proper spine to our team with Rodon, Struijk, Ampadu & Kamara :-D