Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:45 am He also said the result wasn't "fair"
They only had one shot on target in the 96th min lol. He seems very entitled when he doesn't get his own way. Guess he learned that from Pep and co.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Sean_Nile wrote:Where did Kamara get those rubber legs from... I think he must be channeling Paulo Wanchope
He even looks like him, he could be his doppelganger. MOTM for me.
Evidence
pixiz-04-11-2023-11-15-09.gif
pixiz-04-11-2023-11-15-09.gif (3.17 MiB) Viewed 584 times
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Hard to see Ipswich not ending next week on 43 points - all the talk about Leicester and it’s Ipswich that will lead the table going in to the next int break. The rest of the champ teams should be embarrassed, Ipswich are a good team but to only lose one game in 16 is ridiculous
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:41 am Hard to see Ipswich not ending next week on 43 points - all the talk about Leicester and it’s Ipswich that will lead the table going in to the next int break. The rest of the champ teams should be embarrassed, Ipswich are a good team but to only lose one game in 16 is ridiculous
Yeah & Foxes a tough away trip. Maybe we can get 3 points closer to them
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:54 am Yeah & Foxes a tough away trip. Maybe we can get 3 points closer to them
Maybe Sam Greenwood can do us a favour?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

So many posts obsessing about Leicester and Ipswich points total.

For me it is what we do that will define whether we go up.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:00 am So many posts obsessing about Leicester and Ipswich points total.

I think it’s the inevitability of playoff failure that’s got us all worried about the top 2 positions, it’s pretty much unprecedented for the top 2 to be so far ahead at this point - season isn’t half way yet though and the second half could belong to us - all to play for.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:00 am So many posts obsessing about Leicester and Ipswich points total.

Are you Pouting today
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sara wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:20 am Takes a bit of getting used to, that.
No doubt normal service will be resumed shortly.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

One thing I noticed last night was how Leicester didn’t man mark Summerville, they allowed him plenty of space out wide to receive the ball then moved in quickly to cut his space down. The result of this was we played numerous long balls to him, some of which he was unable to control due to the speed he was moving. However the intensity of the defending press seemed to nullify his ability to influence the game much. A risky tactic but it seemed to work.

Compare this to the close marking by Archie and Sam on their wingers in the first half. Once beaten our full backs were exposed and decent crosses and one shot against the bar the result. In the second half our wingers helped our fullbacks out more and their winger threat was stunted.

Examples, for me at least, of good managers influencing play.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

That performance last night was excellent. Its beyond me why we can't be this consistent because with that performance we should be doing a Leicester and Ipswich no question. Also Spence will be available soon probably after the internationals he is a beast and will creat goals for us need him at right back and see gray back in midfield. Onwards and upwards
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:24 am Are you Pouting today
I just do not understand the obsession with the other teams points total and the narrative that the gap is too big. If we were on 39 points all the chat would be how we are going to fall off a cliff and blow it.

Great game last night we are in the mix, if I was offered this points total (28) after 15 games at the start of the season I would have snatched the offer without thinking twice.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:57 am I just do not understand the obsession with the other teams points total and the narrative that the gap is too big. If we were on 39 points all the chat would be how we are going to fall off a cliff and blow it.

Great game last night we are in the mix, if I was offered this points total (28) after 15 games at the start of the season I would have snatched the offer without thinking twice.
That was a fish joke btw.
I think the pressure is all on them. Basically people are saying the league is over. They’ve won it. Very dangerous thinking.
A solid defence & 2 very good wide players other than that I didn’t see anything too scary. But they pick off lesser teams which is a habit we need to get in to. If we do then Leicester will feel the heat at some point especially if Ipswich keep going well.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I know it was a fish joke mate - I was just skating around your point. Read a few threads this morning. Mes needs more mussels apparently. I am trying not to bite at the bait, I will just Gurn Hard in the mirror as a coping mechanism.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

With regards to your love of angling, I haven’t really tried fly fishing. I used to fish competitively when I was in my teens. But the peg allocation was always a fix back when.
In my later years I have done a lot of sea angling. I used to get up at silly hours and fish out in the channel with a group of mates for years. These days I only dabble every other year - I sold all my gear 15 years ago. Still have big game fishing on my bucket list.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:13 pm I know it was a fish joke mate - I was just skating around your point. Read a few threads this morning. Mes needs more mussels apparently. I am trying not to bite at the bait, I will just Gurn Hard in the mirror as a coping mechanism.
Superb. A whole shoal right there
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:21 pm With regards to your love of angling, I haven’t really tried fly fishing. I used to fish competitively when I was in my teens. But the peg allocation was always a fix back when.
In my later years I have done a lot of sea angling. I used to get up at silly hours and fish out in the channel with a group of mates for years. These days I only dabble every other year - I sold all my gear 15 years ago. Still have big game fishing on my bucket list.
IMG_7974.jpeg
From a trip to Grafham water with a guide. Think we caught 40 plus between us. Nearly all returned.
Brilliant day. Very hard fighting fish as you can see.
I love all fishing although never done match fishing.
Bass fishing is something I’d like to have a go at again.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

This is the midfielder who was going to outshine Ampadu & Kamara according to Leicester fans.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 12.42.40.png
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

As I said last week, keep dewsbury halls supply line quite , we did that , and some, we must hammer plymouth now before the next break, we have now set a bench mark for the season, no reason to slip to stoke perfomances again is there !!
The tactics of closing down was to nulify there approach, will we do it for other teams though ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:57 am I just do not understand the obsession with the other teams points total and the narrative that the gap is too big. If we were on 39 points all the chat would be how we are going to fall off a cliff and blow it.

It was a great performance last night but the pressure was on us to close the gap not on them to increase it
It's when we have to win that we consistently don't do it
If Ipswich win today and beat Rotherham they are twelve points clear of us
Both Leicester and Ipswich can sit tight and lose or draw a few games we can't afford to drop points at all
There is still a long way to go but you want your destiny in your own hands not relying on other teams to mess theirs up