Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:28 pm My favourite hobby Dave. Forget everything when I’m fly fishing. Stress buster.
Funnily enough we used to catch a lot of Gudgeon in our local trout stream back in the day. That was until they polluted all those streams. They were teaming with trout. All gone now.
So sad buddy. I’ve spent the last couple of months fishing for the migratory browns coming up the rivers from Lough Neagh, as you say, your cares just fade away.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:45 pm This is the midfielder who was going to outshine Ampadu & Kamara according to Leicester fans.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 12.42.40.png
If you weren't already convinced regarding the performances of Ampadu and Kamara.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:19 pm No, Jay, unfortunately not. ESPN+ in the states shows nothing once the match has ended :( I'm scouring the internet for it...
Find a link that works? Can’t get anything off YouTube or SkySports
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:33 pm What the Fox you on about?
He’s reposting comments from the Leicester message boards, Orange.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:45 am He also said the result wasn't "fair"
He's wrong :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Usual coach narrative. There are very few who will accept the better team won on the night.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:29 am I've believed this since Farke took charge at Leeds.

There is far too much player power & sentimentality in football nowadays.
I think Pascal is growing into the role of captain.
Ampadu in time will likely captain the side. Rodon first has to become a permanent Leeds player.
Your captain doesn't have to be the best player on the pitch. He just has to have the ear of the squad. It seems Pascal has that at present.
Also the way he is playing, he too will be in every game, barring injury
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

I’m buzzing after lasts nights display,the papers are saying our forward line has pace,power and creativity.Indeed if there is a forward line better than us I will eat my hat.Similarly if there is a better midfield than ours that will be another hat.Then we have our first choice centre backs well that’s another one to eat.Lastly we have the maraudingSpence to come back,any spare bowlers Jaydog.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:34 am Just read this match thread through, and so pleased to see so many comments about Kamara who was sooooooooooo good from start to finish.

First of all every credit to a top referee who i hope we see again soon (bookmark his name) he made for a top game of football, it shows you don't need a lot of goals (best £150 dabs i've ever lost) to enjoy a great game, top drawer performances all round i thought.

I don't think we had a bad player or slacker on the park with all turning in a great team effort, but special praise has to go to Kamara and Ampadu, who are really starting to hit it off together, their reading of that game and positional sense on and off the ball was the key to our victory, i urge you to keep your eye on them both whenever possible in our next match, and the positions each take up, i'm hoping we've found 2 that compliment and understand each other together with their thinking and decision making.

They helped the defence and they helped the attack, making the 4 in front of them and the 4 behind look good anorl, they helped everywhere. It's the best use i think i've ever seen of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1, for us anyway.

On reflection Leicester played how DF thought they'd play and his gameplan was spot on, i hope he saw that pushing us up that bit more helped us all round especially the defence, but the 4 pressing up top also did well, but Leicester didn't do what Soton did in going straight for the jugular carving us open through the main channel fast, they continually tried their wide men to open us up but didn't.

Any possession stat for Leicester doesn't matter, they had it in the wrong places, giving us time to re group, get into position and read the play, co incidentally that's something we've been all too guilty of ourselves this season.

That is definitely our best team, Kamara and Ampadu are the better pairing than Gray but it's good cover, Bamford coming on up front somewhere doesn't really weaken us and in fact can give another option, Summerville and James are now looking like they should be starting with Gnonto as back up then Anthony against tired legs.

I liked him putting PB and Gruev on together for Piroe and Rutter, one because we know PB will carry on putting himself about up top to keep their defence on their toes, and two putting Gruev for some bite into that 3 and not disturbing any balance from Ampadu and Kamara, good game management.

I think in a good game we were the better team and so happy a pretty cold Meslier pulled off the save he did at the end to keep a clean sheet, it was deserved.

Singling out players in such a good team performance is difficult, but Kamara edged it for me, with ALL the rest not far behind in their own ways.

More of the same please DF, give him some time and try and mark off which players you think can hold their own if we step up to the Prem, and ffs realise that this team will be nowhere near as effective if we lose 3 of our best players, no matter where that might be but especially the spine from the back to the top throughout that middle, if this team can stay settled for game after game after game, then players get to know where each other will be at any given time, and that instils confidence all over the place.

Well done DF and a great team performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

If i'd known you had this in you you dick i wouldn't have cashed my bet in ya prick ! :rant: :evil:
Good post Kenny!!

With regard to the highlighted bit I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. Especially with regard to Dan James. Some want to put him on the bench for Gnonto. That would be a huge mistake right now. DJ has done nothing but produce for us this season.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:21 pm With regards to your love of angling, I haven’t really tried fly fishing. I used to fish competitively when I was in my teens. But the peg allocation was always a fix back when.
In my later years I have done a lot of sea angling. I used to get up at silly hours and fish out in the channel with a group of mates for years. These days I only dabble every other year - I sold all my gear 15 years ago. Still have big game fishing on my bucket list.
Don’t me get excited. But EVERYTHING can be done on a fly rod. Look up snook and tarpon fishing in the Everglades (Florida). Absolutely the best. Although, I can’t complain with the big spawning browns this time of year in the Rockies :)
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:57 pm Good post Kenny!!

With regard to the highlighted bit I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. Especially with regard to Dan James. Some want to put him on the bench for Gnonto. That would be a huge mistake right now. DJ has done nothing but produce for us this season.
I concur Paul. And thought Gruev was a nice surprise in his brief cameo. I like Anthony as the first substitute on the wing. I realize he had a game to forget against Stoke, but I think he’s more committed than Willy at the moment.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:19 pm Don’t me get excited. But EVERYTHING can be done on a fly rod. Look up snook and tarpon fishing in the Everglades (Florida). Absolutely the best. Although, I can’t complain with the big spawning browns this time of year in the Rockies :)
Angling thread needed I think or these lot will get the hump.
Whale joke
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

If these fish jokes keep happening there is going to be a lot of people whaling about it to stop.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:57 pm Good post Kenny!!

It's great for the fans when you can see the players giving it their all for the team and their place in it, you give your manager a performance where he can't drop you other than a rest.

DF has stated this more than once, and only the dumb don't take it onboard, we all know some of our players like James can be frustrating, but playing him, then benching him, then playing him for 30 mins just doesn't help, both Jimmy and James have earned their place now through some 100% commitment, knuckling down getting on with the managers requests and getting some support from the terraces who can see it. They're gonna have some off games as well but they've still earned that next start until the off games become too frequent and they've hit a bad spell of form, or some eager fcker gets his chance from the bench, ceases his chance and plays out of his skin.

There's nowt like competition for places, it keeps them all on their toes, PB knows now he's in a queue, he's reaching an age where he's not long left, if i was him and had some common sense i'd be feckin itching to get on and give it 110%, Gruev should be itching and especially Gnonto, let your feet feckin talk and not your gob.

There's bags of potential and room for improvement in the likes of James and Jimmy in the right hands, but they've got to be prepared to listen and learn for the next 5 years and take onboard for each game what the manager is asking them to do for that particular opponent.

I'd love Jimmy to get a call up for the Dutch squad this time :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm Angling thread needed I think or these lot will get the hump.
Whale joke
Can we put all these feckin fish jokes to bed now.

The river bed.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:59 pm Can we put all these feckin fish jokes to bed now.

The river bed.
Yeah. No worries.
I’m off for a kip anyway.
Fish joke narrowly avoided.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:50 am They only had one shot on target in the 96th min lol. He seems very entitled when he doesn't get his own way. Guess he learned that from Pep and co.
He's deluded.

We had a higher xG than Sunderland did as well so clearly attacked better.

We've also got the 2nd youngest average squad age.

He's just bitter his style was worked out and he had nothing else without the advantage of just having better players.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:59 pm Can we put all these feckin fish jokes to bed now.

The river bed.
Yeah, enough of this fish s***.

Bass turds.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:48 pm Usual coach narrative. There are very few who will accept the better team won on the night.
I’ve had a Leicester fan reply to my blog who said we deserved to win.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:06 pm I’ve had a Leicester fan reply to my blog who said we deserved to win.
Not the fans - there are plenty of fans with a proper perspective, but the opposition coach Rarely admits that the opposition were the better team as in most cases it underlines their perceived failure.
They will either blame the ref, VAR or that the result did not reflect the game etc - no shortage of repetitive excuses.

The exceptions are generally a coach with principles like Bielsa or a successful coach who is held in high regard by their respective fanbase like Pep.