Blackburn Rovers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:06 pm Absolutely no idea why swannie, had that ball dropped to an oncoming midfielder and he scored :rant: :rant:
It simply isn't good enough and the coaches need to smack it out of him before it does become costly, that punch blew our cover yesterday as I shouted at him to catch it, luckily we were fine.
But what was that all about for a so called seasoned professional !
Just what I thought mc....that punch could have landed for a perfect volley. Needs sorting I think.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:19 am I do trust Cresswell .. It's Rutter we'd miss most. think Leeds fans need the brilliant from him but he also brings hard work and all over the pitch ability. Great game from him yesterday, contributions to both goals, the touch for Gray made it easy for him to lay up Summerville and a powerful run after a stumble to set up James. No Geo we probably don't score and the goals take the pressure off the defence

My MOTM
What recent evidence do we have to suggest Cresswell would be as effective & efficient as Rodon?

I agree to a certain degree on Georginio, he is a joy to watch, however he had a messy game, brilliant at times but littered with errors, probably down to the fact he attempts unorthodox actions in his play. Excellent contribution with both goals & he works his socks off!

Summerville has a similar work rate, four important tackles from our top scorer who is running his socks off up front, Cry's defensive game has improved immensely under Farke's guidance.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:37 am I stuck up for our pirate Pascal when many were slagging him off, not long ago. Now he's everyone's hero. About time for Pascal.....
Folk weren't slagging him off, they were commenting his form was under par after his hernia op, culpable for conceding two goals. Pascal was back to his best at Ewood Park.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:29 am What recent evidence do we have to suggest Cresswell would be as effective & efficient as Rodon?

I agree to a certain degree on Georginio, he is a joy to watch, however he had a messy game, brilliant at times but littered with errors, probably down to the fact he attempts unorthodox actions in his play. Excellent contribution with both goals & he works his socks off!

Summerville has a similar work rate, four important tackles from our top scorer who is running his socks off up front, Cry's defensive game has improved immensely under Farke's guidance.
Excellent with Struijk v Brum ... a game with no offence and lost to a very dodgy pen decision. Geo plays a high risk game, I'd rather not stifle that for bland consistency ..he was outstanding v Burn albeit in a slightly different way. Massively influential imo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 am Excellent with Struijk v Brum ... a game with no offence and lost to a very dodgy pen decision. Geo plays a high risk game, I'd rather not stifle that for bland consistency ..he was outstanding v Burn albeit in a slightly different way. Massively influential imo
It is high risk at times, at this level that is fine, in the prem if we go up it is more likely to be a different outcome. I would not want his game stifled I just believe he needs to appreciate that simple can also be effective.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:34 am Folk weren't slagging him off, they were commenting his form was under par after his hernia op, culpable for conceding two goals. Pascal was back to his best at Ewood Park.
Struijk’s form suffered because he was shoehorned into playing LB. He was part of a makeshift and shaky defence, under those circumstances anyone’s form would suffer.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:18 am Struijk’s form suffered because he was shoehorned into playing LB. He was part of a makeshift and shaky defence, under those circumstances anyone’s form would suffer.
Once again, an enforced change due to inadequate recruitment.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:18 am Struijk’s form suffered because he was shoehorned into playing LB. He was part of a makeshift and shaky defence, under those circumstances anyone’s form would suffer.
Agree with this, also laking under 3 numpty managers couldn't have helped his, or anyones else' confidence.
Pascal is doing fine in this league.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:34 am Folk weren't slagging him off, they were commenting his form was under par after his hernia op, culpable for conceding two goals. Pascal was back to his best at Ewood Park.
No, it was well before his hernia op.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Yep, and he could only try his best in those situations
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:08 pm As I've said many times, we are absolutely done for if Rodon picks up a serious injury, as I don't trust Cooper or Cresswell to play alongside Struijk, they haven't got the same attributes Joe possesses. Also, it's guaranteed Pascal's form would suffer without his main partner, they compliment each other.
Why don't you trust Cresswell 64?
I don't recall him having a bad game for us and he's proven at championship level.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:38 pm Why don't you trust Cresswell 64?
I don't recall him having a bad game for us and he's proven at championship level.
Because he's not in the same class as Rodon, Chilli.

Even when Rodon or Struijk is unavailable, Farke prefers Cooper, there must be something in Daniel's thinking for Charlie not to be selected since August.

I do agree, Cresswell hasn't let us down when he's played.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:48 pm Because he's not in the same class as Rodon, Chilli.

Even when Rodon or Struijk are unavailable, Farke prefers Cooper, there must be something in Daniel's thinking for Charlie not to be selected since August.
Even though he played nearly a full season in the Championship (barring injury) and scored 5 times?
He may not be as good as Rodon but he's quite a bit younger.
I certainly wouldn't want Rodon to get injured, he's been excellent thus far but if he was so good, he'd still be at Spurs not on yet another loan.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:08 pm Even though he played nearly a full season in the Championship (barring injury) and scored 5 times?
He may not be as good as Rodon but he's quite a bit younger.
I certainly wouldn't want Rodon to get injured, he's been excellent thus far but if he was so good, he'd still be at Spurs not on yet another loan.
It's all about different levels, Chilli.

Romero & Van de Ven are different class to Joe.

Rodon & Struijk are comfortable at championship level, it may not be case, when we are back in the Premier League.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I do not think Farke has an issue with CC it is just a case that like many managers he will always opt for experience first. We haven’t seen enough of CC to make an informed opinion. We just have to trust or respect Farke’s decision’s, whether we agree with them or not.

Would I be worried if Rodon got injured - absolutely. Am I convinced CC will be an effective alternative - I have no idea, simply on the basis that I haven’t seen enough of him in the Leeds shirt playing for the 1st team. His time at Millwall adds some comfort but they were very direct rather than possession based, he will also face a far higher degree of expectation playing for us.

Hopefully, he will get a run out against Peterborough.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:47 am No, it was well before his hernia op.
Hopefully he will not only be back to his best but will be better. It has got to have been impacting his performances pre-op too.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:35 pm I do not think Farke has an issue with CC it is just a case that like many managers he will always opt for experience first. We haven’t seen enough of CC to make an informed opinion. We just have to trust or respect Farke’s decision’s, whether we agree with them or not.

Would I be worried if Rodon got injured - absolutely. Am I convinced CC will be an effective alternative - I have no idea, simply on the basis that I haven’t seen enough of him in the Leeds shirt playing for the 1st team. His time at Millwall adds some comfort but they were very direct rather than possession based, he will also face a far higher degree of expectation playing for us.

Hopefully, he will get a run out against Peterborough.
I wouldn't even say that in this case it is about experience over youth just Farke picking the best player for the position and at this point in time that would clearly be Rodon. If it was down to just experience then we'd be seeing Ayling at RB instead of Gray, Cooper instead of Struyjk etc.

Cresswell was in and out, mainly out in the first half of the season, for Millwall. He is raw and needs games. He seemed to do well when having a good run for them. I do feel a lot of fans overrate defenders who score a few goals and whilst it is a nice asset to have the most important thing is defending for a centreback - followed closely these days by being comfortable on the ball.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm I wouldn't even say that in this case it is about experience over youth just Farke picking the best player for the position and at this point in time that would clearly be Rodon. If it was down to just experience then we'd be seeing Ayling at RB instead of Gray, Cooper instead of Struyjk etc.

Cresswell was in and out, mainly out in the first half of the season, for Millwall. He is raw and needs games. He seemed to do well when having a good run for them. I do feel a lot of fans overrate defenders who score a few goals and whilst it is a nice asset to have the most important thing is defending for a centreback - followed closely these days by being comfortable on the ball.
Spot on :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:05 pm Hopefully he will not only be back to his best but will be better. It has got to have been impacting his performances pre-op too.
Don't recall a loss of form pre op..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's still a pecking order here, Cooper as club captain plays in front of Cresswell and I think we still under rate Liam here by quite a bit. Play him left without any rust and he's still one of the better CB's in the division